Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What country has the most sexually liberated women

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Abrasax

Jakkass wrote: »
    I wouldn't necessarily rule that as being "liberated", as it is about as likely that people could be influenced or swayed into making decisions that they normally wouldn't make.

Liberated would suggest free from moral constraints or societal taboos as regards sexuality.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Abrasax wrote: »
    Liberated would suggest free from moral constraints or societal taboos as regards sexuality.

If that's the case there's some wildly inaccurate voting going on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Translation: shagging strange men abroad so the men can't label them as sluts back in their own town/village./college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 977 ✭✭✭Abrasax

prinz wrote: »
    If that's the case there's some wildly inaccurate voting going on.

True.
    It's probably the Brits according to that definition.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

Hopefully UK will stay ahead of USA/Australia for the remainder of this poll as those long-haul flights cost a fortune

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

Jakkass wrote: »
    I wouldn't necessarily rule that as being "liberated", as it is about as likely that people could be influenced or swayed into making decisions that they normally wouldn't make.

i wouldn't either, but i did point out that that's the direction the thread was taking.

when i gave my opinion the girl i had in mind was far from a slapper (ie. someone who was shaggin every tom, dick (ha), and harry....she was 'liberated'...very relaxed, knew what she wanted, was comfortable about her body, didn't mind ensuring i was happy. basically, she knew what she wanted and wasn't ashamed of that.

now, compare that to your average church fearin irish chick. jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

That's how I would interpret it. Including attitudes towards the body and nudity etc. I would consider Irish women pretty far from liberated, we still have a lot of hang ups from the past. However liberal attitudes to sexuality are a new thing to us so I imagine it's still a bit of a novelty for this generation, it's still more or less seen as a dirty, 'wrong' thing. I think by our children's generation Irish people will have relaxed a little and hopefully embraced it as something natural and positive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

donfers wrote: »
    based on your travels, your friends, meeting people and sleeping with people which country in your view has the most sexually liberated women?

Oh and please to all the puritans out there, try not to get too offended by this, it's just some peopelz on the internetz opinion who in all likelihood have had very little sex

It sounds to me like you are exactly one of those people & are looking to book a holiday to the country where you are most likely to get some.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

If people choose to be more conservative on what limits they have, I don't think that means that they aren't "liberated" to make whatever choice they want or indeed that they are "chained". It seems to be a fallacious concept.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

donfers wrote: »
    I know some might throw in comments about "oh god here comes the generalisations again" and "all women from country x are slags" but please let's not turn this into a farce, let's have a genuine civilised debate without judging or insulting what I consider to be perfectly healthy and normal behaviour. based on your travels, your friends, meeting people and sleeping with people which country in your view has the most sexually liberated women?

Oh and please to all the puritans out there, try not to get too offended by this, it's just some peopelz on the internetz opinion who in all likelihood have had very little sex

now vote on poll and then book your travel plans accordingly folks!

You'll feel at home in Ibeta

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭bogtotty

now, compare that to your average church fearin irish chick. jesus

Is your average Irish chick really church fearing? I don't think the church ever enters my mind when I'm engaging in sexual pleasure. Other than in a Madonna-Like-A-Prayer-video type of way.

And I would argue that to be sexually liberated means being confident enough to pursue sexual pleasure on one's own terms. That might be with a series of partners, through casual flings, or within a monogamous relationship. It can also mean feeling free to turn down pig-ignorant drunken Irish men who in all likelihood will puke in the taxi, piss in your wardrobe and then fail dismally to perform for longer than 5 minutes.

Turning down any Irish man for any reason = frigid

It sounds to me like you are exactly one of those people & are looking to book a holiday to the country where you are most likely to get some.

rumbled :(

Truley wrote: »
    That's how I would interpret it. Including attitudes towards the body and nudity etc. I would consider Irish women pretty far from liberated, we still have a lot of hang ups from the past..

Depends on how you you choose to express your attitudes. Some people have no body or nudity issues but don't feel the need to flaunt it to the extent of someone else who may have massive insecurities.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

must say the netherlands

• Registered Users Posts: 25,059 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I'm surprised by how few votes there are for the eastern European countries tbh..

anyhoo, just because someone chooses not to have lots of sex with lots of men doesn't mean they aren't liberated.. it could be the opposite, that in fact they're trapped by having lots of sex

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

neil_hosey wrote: »
    has this anything to do with strap-ons and reach-arounds?

the amount of german women that wanted me to do a "glass bottomed boat" was outrageous, i cant see how they got off on that :confused:

The American vote seems to be holding up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

I think the poll is very restricted to where people have gone and experienced. So far the UK and the US are in the lead which is where most people seem to go on holidays or to live. Poll is pretty stupid imo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

I'm surprised by how few votes there are for the eastern European countries tbh..

anyhoo, just because someone chooses not to have lots of sex with lots of men doesn't mean they aren't liberated.. it could be the opposite, that in fact they're trapped by having lots of sex

Where can I get one of these traps you speak of?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,059 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

El Siglo wrote: »
    Where can I get one of these traps you speak of?

There's loads in the US & UK, apparently

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

There's loads in the US & UK, apparently

Honey traps ftw!:D

Depends on how you you choose to express your attitudes. Some people have no body or nudity issues but don't feel the need to flaunt it to the extent of someone else who may have massive insecurities.

You're right but I guess I'm talking more about attitudes on a societal level, for example a woman can choose to sunbathe topless in France, or to publicly breastfeed in Sweden with very little grievance from others. If she chooses to do so that is. That wouldn't be the case in Ireland, these things are still a taboo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Having slept with a fair few different nationalities it is a tough one to call tbh. Germans are definitely the freakiest and would chance anything!, Americans are easy and very hot but can be annoying, Polish are extremely hot but slighty more reserved having a Catholic background like ourselves, Lithuanians are nice, Romanians (White Romanians not Gypsys) are great kissers and Bulgarian women are fond of "les homos anus horribilus" shall I say. Having only been with one Italian she was gorgeous! However I can definitely say that no single man on Earth has truely lived until he has taken a Czech girl into the sack!

So to sum it up:

1. Czech Women - Just simply unreal
    2. German Women - Freaks in a good way ;)
    3. Italian Women - I struggled to keep pace
    4. American Women - Very Good, my first time was with an Italian American :o
    5. Polish & Lithuanian are about the same although Polish are hotter
    6. Romanian women are great kisser.

Irish women just don't cut the mustard with me and English are ok just nothing noteworthy at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Truely - You'd be discussing cultural norms then, rather than how liberated a person is. Personally I think "sexually liberated" is a con term.

Truley wrote: »
    You're right but I guess I'm talking more about attitudes on a societal level, for example a woman can choose to sunbathe topless in France, or to publicly breastfeed in Sweden with very little grievance from others. If she chooses to do so that is. That wouldn't be the case in Ireland, these things are still a taboo.

Neither of those are particularly sexual though. For instance a German woman might think nothing of sunbathing topless but wouldn't dream of wearing a min-skirt/very low cut top on a night out. Whereas an Irish girl would happily wear a belt to the club but wouldn't dream of sunbathing topless. So which one is more or less sexually liberated?

Neither of those are particularly sexual though. For instance a German woman might think nothing of sunbathing topless but wouldn't dream of wearing a min-skirt/very low cut top on a night out. Whereas an Irish girl would happily wear a belt to the club but wouldn't dream of sunbathing topless. So which one is more or less sexually liberated?

To be honest I don't know because it's not an objective term. How can anyone say they are sexually liberated? I don't know really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Piriz

Nothing wrong with the wimmins in Thailand

:pac:

eh..she's not fooling anyone with that saddle !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Colombian women. Anybody who has been there should know what i'm talking about unless you are an ugly cúnt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Piriz wrote: »
    eh..she's not fooling anyone with that saddle !

Beefy bell on that bint, The Flutt wouldn't knob her!

No way:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Piriz

Beefy bell on that bint, The Flutt wouldn't knob her!

No way:eek:

Eh no seriously it is just the saddle i think!

Advertisement