Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Dark Knight Rises - Pre-release Discussion [** NO SPOILERS PLEASE **]

• 30-04-2010 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

In one of the most anticipated announcements in recent memory, Warner Bros. officially set a date this morning for the follow-up to The Dark Knight. Tentatively known as Batman 3, the movie will debut July 20, 2012 in conventional and IMAX theaters, almost exactly four years after The Dark Knight opened to record-breaking numbers.

http://boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=2747&p=.htm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,422 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Only 811 days to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,186 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I hope to God they don't have Robin. What villian would I like to see? Maybe the Riddler. As long as they don't hire Johnny Depp to play him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Cool news. Hope they do it justice. And please no ****ing Robin.

No idea who could be the bad guy(s)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,027 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'm guessing Nolan will be on this as soon as he is finished Inception. Hopefully, any other director and I'd be disappointed, unless maybe it was Werner Herzog.

Also: Heath Ledger did a wonderful job and all, but I'd honestly like to see the Joker return to some capacity. It just felt like his story wasn't finished yet. Of course it never is - the Batman and Joker relationship is one of the most brilliant and interesting dynamics around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,757 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Superb..!

That's too far away though! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

and i thought this year December's Tron is trying to kill me.....

btw WANT Christopher Nolan for director!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭Frei

Oh yes. Barmy Bale is still in I hope...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭ziedth

I would also like to see the joker return.

I think the riddler is most likely though in keeping with "reality"

• Registered Users Posts: 28,390 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Also: Heath Ledger did a wonderful job and all, but I'd honestly like to see the Joker return to some capacity.

I know what you mean but I just think people would focus on the comparrisons between Ledger and a new actor, and no matter how good the movie was people would base to much emphasis on the new actor.

Personally I would like to find out that Maggie Gyllenhall had survived and to play the role of Harlequinn with a bad case of Stockholm syndrome. Only drawback is that a female villain might lead to a female hero at Batmans side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Johny Depp as the Riddler would make my 2012!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,948 ✭✭✭✭bnt

There are various tidbits on the Batman On Film blog, including:
    • Nolan wants to shoot the whole thing on IMAX film, is not keen on 3D at all;
    • Emily Blunt wants to be Catwoman;
    • Cillan Murphy has no idea whether the Scarecrow will be back.
    As for me: I still want to know what happened to Zsasz, since such an evil psychopath should not be at liberty in Gotham for so many years. :eek:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Dear God no. 10 years ago perhaps but in recent times Depp has turned into a light weight comedic actor who plays the same character over and over again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Don't let him anywhere near this movie. Most over-rated actor ever. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 84,319 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I love for Dent/2 Faced to be back for this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Who would be your Joker?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Who would be your Joker?

Charlie Hunnam

23792_charlie-hunnam-anarchy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 84,319 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Who would be your Joker?

Joaquin Phoenix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Joaquin Phoenix

He wouldn't even have to act!

He wouldn't even have to act!

Hmmph. Doesn't do much of that in the first place :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,027 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

No Johnny Depp, please please please! - his current 'performance' (there is like one performance, barring exceptions like Public Enemies) would in no way fit within the world the two Nolans have created. It would be a disaster if he's allowed to camp it up.

I don't know who I'd like to be a Joker. Heath Ledger was a totally random choice, but Nolan knew what he was doing for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

Id like to see what they'd do with a penguin character now.

Also, Anarky would be a good character, a kind of an inbetweener. Dont think hes ever been in any of the movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭fluke

Lurching wrote: »
    Id like to see what they'd do with a penguin character now.

Also, Anarky would be a good character, a kind of an inbetweener. Dont think hes ever been in any of the movies.

Hmm...Anarky is a bit to much like V from V For Vendetta.

The Joker should return in some way, certainly n Nolan verse anyhow, hell even The Joker alludes to it in his last scene in The Dark Knight.

I'm sure Nolan already has a god idea who he'd cast (if The Joker were to return) but my picks would be Joseph Gordon Levitt, Garrett Hedlund, or Daniel Day Lewis.

As for other villains...Hugo Strange, Deadshot or Zzasz could be done well.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

So stoked for this! Cannot Wait!

I'd love to see Daniel Day Lewis play the joker, An actor of his caliber would be such a pleasure to see as the Joker.

daniel_day_lewis.jpg

Keno 92 wrote: »
    So stoked for this! Cannot Wait!

I'd love to see Daniel Day Lewis play the joker, An actor of his caliber would be such a pleasure to see as the Joker.

daniel_day_lewis.jpg

Oh gods, please, no.

DDL is a fine actor but he's already done his Joker turn in Gangs of New York. I don't think he'd fit into Nolan's Gotham, tbh

old hippy wrote: »
    Oh gods, please, no.

DDL is a fine actor but he's already done his Joker turn in Gangs of New York. I don't think he'd fit into Nolan's Gotham, tbh

Fair enough but I think its a step up from your 'Pete Dunham' :P

Fair enough but I think its a step up from your 'Pete Dunham' :P

Outta the 3 I picked DDL is my wild card actually!

fluke wrote: »
    Outta the 3 I picked DDL is my wild card actually!

Good choice :)

What other villains would you all like to see?

Sticking to Nolans 'Realistic world' I have only a few. Penguin, Riddler, Catwoman ( please no! ) and Harley Quinn. I'd love to see the Riddler in the next one, played well this time!

Good choice :)

What other villains would you all like to see?

Sticking to Nolans 'Realistic world' I have only a few. Penguin, Riddler, Catwoman ( please no! ) and Harley Quinn. I'd love to see the Riddler in the next one, played well this time!

I picked The Joker to return with Hugo Strange,Deadshot, or maybe a return from Zzasz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I want to see Black Mask in it...

but thats just me

Advertisement