Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

F1 2015: Round 19 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Options
  • 27-11-2015 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭

Ooh the excitement. The fight for fourth place. Bottas leading Kimi by one point, with Massa 18 points behind.

Let's see if the finish to the season gives an exciting Finnish race. :pac:

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I'm still 50/50 whether to watch this race or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

With all the money Bernie gets to have this race as the season finale, I would believe the organisers are rightly annoyed at the championship being concluded so early! TV ratings will be well down.

150th Grand Prix for Force India this weekend:

Nico-Huelkenberg-Force-India-Formel-1-GP-Abu-Dhabi-27-November-2015-fotoshowImage-c3addcb-912479.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,266 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

One more race, one more boring race.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Jordan 191 wrote: »
    I'm still 50/50 whether to watch this race or not.

I'll record it, read the results later on and if it sounds like an excitng race (hahahaha yeah right) then I'll watch it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,933 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Andrew76 wrote:
    I'll record it, read the results later on and if it sounds like an excitng race (hahahaha yeah right) then I'll watch it.

If only there was a way to sync the live timing app with a recording. It's the best part of watching a race live unfortunately. You don't have to rely on the race director to show the particular battle you want to follow, you can follow it by watching the gap between them.

Button's McLaren looked awesome through sector 1 there. Then he hits the straight and he's 20 km/h down. Bloody ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,957 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Both Button & Grosjean pulled off very good laps, comfortably through to Q2. Alonso out due to a puncture, and Vettel didn't make Q2 either, just backing out of his last fast lap.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 30,023 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Kimi looking fast, strange for Vettel to get knocked out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Team obviously told Vettel to back off as they thought he was safe in Q1. Silly error on their part. Vettel didn't throw his toys out of the pram and blame the team... a marked contrast to that of how some other drivers might react.

• Advertisement

I'm guessing that lap from Nico was something special.... shame we didn't get to see any of it.

HighLine wrote: »
    Team obviously told Vettel to back off as they thought he was safe in Q1. Silly error on their part. Vettel didn't throw his toys out of the pram and blame the team... a marked contrast to that of how some other drivers might react.

Can't help but think his reaction would have been different if there was anything to race for tomorrow.

Another good Saturday for Rosberg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Completely mega lap from Rosberg to be down on the first sector and end the lap 0.3 up...with an engine reportedly down on power.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I thought that was the best Qualifying session all season. Was a great lap from Button to get into Q2 just a pity that he could not make it into Q3. Big mistake by Ferrari and Vettel to think the lap he had done was good enough and no need to do another. Surprised Vettel did not just finish the lap he was on instead of backing off. Alonso was unlucky to get a puncture but unless the lap he was doing was faster than his last one Id say he was out anyway. Problems for Grojean and for Lotus. Id say he is looking forward to his Haas move in a lot of ways. Q3 was exciting. Some laps by Lewis and Rosberg. Am sure we will get to see them tomorrow when the BBC and Sky do there lap comparisons. Maybe we might get a good battle on track by Lewis and Nico tomorrow would be nice. Hopefully it will be a good race. Vettel going to have to work his way up from the bac. if he can do it like he did in 2013 when he started from the pit it should be good too.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

What do we think is the root cause of the turnaround in Hamilton / Rosberg fortunes? I can understand Hamilton may have lost a bit of an edge once he wrapped up the championship, but he's ultra competitive and one would think that hangover wouldn't have lasted this long. He was well beaten again today by a fairly big margin.

Is it more a case of Rosberg's temperament? He seemed to struggle with the pressure when he was fighting for the title, but now its done and dusted he's doing his best driving of the season. If he can bring this form into next season we should see a much more competitive battle between the 2 teammates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Inquitus wrote: »
    What do we think is the root cause of the turnaround in Hamilton / Rosberg fortunes? I can understand Hamilton may have lost a bit of an edge once he wrapped up the championship, but he's ultra competitive and one would think that hangover wouldn't have lasted this long. He was well beaten again today by a fairly big margin.

Is it more a case of Rosberg's temperament? He seemed to struggle with the pressure when he was fighting for the title, but now its done and dusted he's doing his best driving of the season. If he can bring this form into next season we should see a much more competitive battle between the 2 teammates.

I think Rosberg has just upped his game, and I think Lewis has his eye off a ball (only very slightly) now. So a bit of both. If Nico comes out fighting like he is now in April, that's world championship material right there...he annihilated Lewis today. I agree I think Lewis is very competitive, so the hangover shouldn't be lasting this long, it's making him look bad (over 3/10's today is a massive gap)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

From what I've gleaned from commentary it's the air pressures in the tyres being higher now since the Italian GP. Hamilton was a beast on much lower tyre pressures and now Rosberg qualifies in pole, gets a decent start and has preference on stops during the race.

Perez did a great job qualifying fourth today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Toto Wolf rocks! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,424 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Hasta la Vista haha

Wouldve preferred him to say "The goggles, they do nothing"

Lewis and Nico to have a coming together at turn 1. At least that's what I'm hoping for :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Amateur hour from Williams

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

It would have worked ok had Button's garage been slightly further down the pit lane, so I can see why they did it. Just a shame it happened, but even without that Raikkonen is pretty strong.

Kimi has good pace today, although not enough to threaten Mercedes at the moment

Williams not having such a good race

Lewis to go super softs to finish?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,424 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Some good mid field stuff, but nothing really edge of seat stuff.

Another boring call from Mercedes

Why with 5 laps left in the season are they turning the engines down

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

That Merc radio conversation about engine modes was very weird, will be interesting to see what that was about.

Advertisement