Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V5

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

DK you're so funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Das Kitty wrote: »
    I choose to ignore the fact that I featured in a list of loves that included Daleks and Scrambled Egg.
    Pretty good list to be included in, though. Little dude has taste!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I'm heading out but the thoughts of getting ready make me wanna stay in.

Haven't boozed since Xmas so I reckon I'll be locked after a sniff of alcohol :-)

UpCork, what an exhausting situation to be in. People like her freak me out a little bit, tbh. I don't know if it's a personality trait or if they're just immature or hyper-sensitive or what it is. It seems unnatural to rely on others so much. Not just asking for advice every now and again, but not being able to make any decisions yourself.

I have one friend who sounds like a slightly calmer version of her but I'm not the friend she goes to for these things. Mainly because I think she knows I wouldn't be able for it! :pac:

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I'm wrecked - sat down into the recliner, and I could fall asleep. Anyone want to finish off my methodology essay??? Refereed a game and ended up going to another one

Once Britains Got Talent is over on +1, I'm back at it - have to be in town for 8.30 to referee a camogie blitz, I haven't refereed camogie in about two years :eek: Watching it and there is a 14 year old on, I'd have put her about 18 at first look!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

ooo BGT
    that might cheer me up
    is it on the +1 thing soon
    or have i just missed the show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

My big bro just joined us in the bar and I said I'd love a packet of crisps and off he's gone up the town to get me one :)

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

bluewolf wrote: »
    ooo BGT
    that might cheer me up
    is it on the +1 thing soon

Its on now, started at 9 on +1! 25 mins left - at least they are showing some talent this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

bluewolf wrote: »
    Mine is 125 to tax every 3 months no way i do it for the year
    Honey-ec wrote: »
    I haven't taxed mine for the year in I dunno how long, I never have the money. €186 every three months. Galls me every time I pay it.
    Acoshla wrote: »
    :eek:

Mine is €140 for 3 months I think.

Costs you more that way. Monthly tax rate is 1/10th of the annual rate so you end up paying 120% of the annual tax by doing 3 or 6-month tax...

Orla K wrote: »
    That gluten free stock still has a gluten containing ingredient in it but in order for them to be called gluten free it as to contain less than x mg of gluten. Can't remember the number but I remember looking at the ingredients before and all the stocks(including the gluten free ones) they had a gluten containing ingredient and there didn't seem much difference between the gf ones and the non gluten free one.

Stock is really easy to make. You just boil up the various ingredients for a couple of hours, strain and freeze. Needs more storage space in the freezer though.

• Advertisement

cdaly_ wrote: »
    Costs you more that way. Monthly tax rate is 1/10th of the annual rate so you end up paying 120% of the annual tax by doing 3 or 6-month tax...

Yep I know but my car is 11 years old (doesn't look it or act it though!) so I prefer not to tax for a year in case it inevitably dies, knowing my luck it would die 2 weeks after paying yearly rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Stock is really easy to make. You just boil up the various ingredients for a couple of hours, strain and freeze. Needs more storage space in the freezer though.

Yeah, I think I'd prefer to do a bone broth for a stock, would need to buy a bigger pot. For the moment I have to eat gluten, getting tested.

sillymoo wrote: »
    Is it possible to temporally suspend your account like you can with facebook?
    Mars Bar wrote: »
    No. You can close your account and it's permanently gone but you can open a new one as far as I know...

You can psuedo-suspend your account by changing your password to something random that you then forget. 'Re-activate' by using the 'forgot password' link...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,519 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Nearly home from work after leaving my house at 7.45am.. yippee! Tomorrow is going to involve a lot of SLEEP. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,336 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Is it a Mustang, Shelly?

/gets coat :pac:

I wish - it's an Aygo

Is it a Mustang, Shelly?

/gets coat :pac:

I wish - it's an Aygo
    Damn your name I've been singing mustang Sally in my head the last hour :p

Yep I know but my car is 11 years old (doesn't look it or act it though!) so I prefer not to tax for a year in case it inevitably dies, knowing my luck it would die 2 weeks after paying yearly rate.

Hah! Mine are 20, 21 and 22 years old. Keeping them forever...

Only another 8 years to go and tax is only €50 for the year. :cool:

Oh, and you can get a refund of tax if you scrap the car.

Hah! Mine are 20, 21 and 22 years old. Keeping them forever...

Only another 8 years to go and tax is only €50 for the year. :cool:

Oh, and you can get a refund of tax if you scrap the car.

Jesus I won't be scrapping it, it's a great car in great condition, unless I crash and mangle it I would hope to sell it on, I've sold on worse!!

Boyfriend's car is 47 years old, his tax must be €50, wasn't sure if it was €100 or lower.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

So what's everybody doing on their Saturday night?

Just home from the library after a day of study. Exhausted. Going to fix myself something to eat and then to bed - tomorrow is another day.

Only 20 more days of this......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭Orla K

Sitting at home with nothing to do and wanting some chipper, I've no money but did have a sweet potato, courgette and tallow(that I rendered myself:D) so I melt the fat cut up the potato&courgette and start frying. (courgette meh, potato fantasic!)

Well crap when I went to eat it, it's so cold in here that the little bit of fat around the food started to go hard! I was nearly shoveling it into my mouth just to eat it before it got cold!

Also did myself a 'milkshake' well it's a protein shake that I did in a glass with a little electric whisk.

I'm satisfied now.

A friend put up old pics from bebo, it kind of reminded me how sh*t the last few years have been, and it all might be down to my thyroid.

At least I have a strawberry shake

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Of course it costs more - but I am not paying the whole thing in one go

One of my friends just updated his facebook status. All it says it:

"Rebound sex".

Eww! TMI!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Kiera wrote: »
    Damn your name I've been singing mustang Sally in my head the last hour :p

:D

1500 words done, 2500 to go! Getting more tired by the minute, thinking of taking a nap and going back to it - have a lovely fire going, but quickly running out of firewood, and most certainly not going out to get more in the dark!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

This video made me light up and smile and then cry...so sweet :(

That is so amazing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Vinta81 wrote: »
    This video made me light up and smile and then cry...so sweet :(

That's from Oliver Sacks' Musicophilia I think. His books are collections of stories from patients of his and it's really interesting to read. The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat is particularly good.

Went for that nap - ended up being 2 hours! Only gonna spend another hour up -honestly thought I could get this typed much faster than I am getting it done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Sar_Bear

good morrow!!!

im intoximacated

Nighr :)

• Advertisement

Sar_Bear wrote: »
    good morrow!!!

im intoximacated

Nighr :)
    Oh me 3. I don't feel well.

This discussion has been closed.