Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aljazeera Sports Packages News

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

jsc-cards will renew 1 - 8 for €69 and the upgrade for 9 & 10 is another €60 which is about the cheapest i've found anywhere. i haven't used them before so i don't know how good they are. i'll keep looking till the end of feb anyway.[/QUOTE]

will ya let us know how you get on please?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Premier

Renew aljazeera all 10 channels for €129 for boardsie members

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Premier wrote: »

Same as jsc-cards so

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

how much for just 9 + 10?

how much for just 9 + 10?
    €60 euros

• Advertisement

Quick question, how can you check how long you have left on your sub, I recently renewed 1-8 and I just want to make sure all is in order....

Quick question, how can you check how long you have left on your sub, I recently renewed 1-8 and I just want to make sure all is in order....

If you recently renewed 1-8, It will be fine you will just need add extra channels for remainder of subscription? Ask who supplied you with the card for the date of renewal,

sob1467 wrote: »
    The internet tv channels will be ip rstricted to the countries in which Al Jazeera Sport broadcast won't they?

Hi news just in, No there is No restriction on them, can be watched from anywhere in the world ;) Also HD1 And HD2 available oncomputer and laptop

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭sob1467

Hi news just in, No there is No restriction on them, can be watched from anywhere in the world ;) Also HD1 And HD2 available oncomputer and laptop

Does one have to buy one of the new jsc sports cards to avail of the internet tv or will a current one with a subscription do?

sob1467 wrote: »
    Does one have to buy one of the new jsc sports cards to avail of the internet tv or will a current one with a subscription do?

No the "scratch cards" are different from the hard physical cards? seperate altogether, the scratch cards are for the iphone ipad laptop or computer, you will get a serial number you will then register with email and password and given the link,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

they are blocked on a pc/ipad for non middle east IP's, same error that comes up for admc sports. Looks like its the same uk company behind the streaming, think there behind foxsoccer.tv aswell. Probably doesnt have english commentary for most of the channels anyways. I would actually sign up for this if it worked here (VPN's are too slow for streaming from middle east sites), had all on demand and live features on ipad and had english audio on european football.

http://www.en.aljazeerasport.tv/Home

they are blocked on a pc/ipad for non middle east IP's, same error that comes up for admc sports. Looks like its the same uk company behind the streaming, think there behind foxsoccer.tv aswell. Probably doesnt have english commentary for most of the channels anyways. I would actually sign up for this if it worked here (VPN's are too slow for streaming from middle east sites), had all on demand and live features on ipad and had english audio on european football.

http://www.en.aljazeerasport.tv/Home

Il find out later their sending me some trial cards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

All 8 channels are blocked again. FECK SAKE! :mad:

Pyongyang wrote: »

All working fine for me atm...

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭tapfit2004

hi.

i have been watching liverpool on +3 (full match) and barcelona on +8 (2nd half) from 7:30 till about 11 tonight without a glitch, i've an irdeto card in a dm800. all others looked ok as well when i was flicking through.

Darn. All mine were off last night. Viaccess card. I had to watch the Clasico on a garbage 'stream'.

Wish they'd sort these blocking issues out, it's become farcical now. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Tonio

Darn. All mine were off last night. Viaccess card. I had to watch the Clasico on a garbage 'stream'.

Wish they'd sort these blocking issues out, it's become farcical now. :mad:

I am using a viaccess card on a Ferguson Ariva 120 Combo and had no issues last night. I watched all of the league cup on +3 and some of the Clasico on +8. All channels +1 to +8 seemed fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,498 ✭✭✭recyclebin

Tonio wrote: »
    I am using a viaccess card on a Ferguson Ariva 120 Combo and had no issues last night. I watched all of the league cup on +3 and some of the Clasico on +8. All channels +1 to +8 seemed fine.

same here.

I did lose +1 to +4 a few weeks ago but they are fine now

That's really ood. I'll check over my setup again tonight and see if it's working. No bad weather though last night so not sure what was up. Other Hotbird 13E channels worked just fine. :confused:

Just wanted to check up on how folk are getting on with their Al Jazeera packs now. Any issues? Mine has been clear channels 1-8 since the day after the Clasico last week.

How's things with you all? Any blackouts etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Tonio

Have not noticed any issues for a few weeks now....touch wood!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 irie for all

Hi everyone, I live in France & bought an AJ Sport card 1-8, last month.
    So far many connection problems but different to ones already discussed!
    First I was told by TVCorner ( where I bought the card) that I should be logged in (by them) before using the card, then go to 2 first before the other channels. OK all done but now, read my email to them below:

Hi,Since you said my card was activated I still have the same problems, namely:

1. Sometimes it does not tune into the stations at all although my other channels connect immediately, I then go to channel 2 as you said, but it does not tune to channel 2 either?
    Your instructions were not clear..............do I need to go to channel 2 every time to watch Al Jazeera Sport? Anyway it makes no difference.

2. Sometimes when it does tune in to them it becomes 'scrambled' whilst watching. Is this normal for Al Jazeera Sport?

3. Sometimes it works properly, but not often.

Other questions............on Al Jazeera.net they list daily programs, it's not accurate or complete, is there another www where I can see up-coming programs?

My experience of the service is bad, I would not recommend this to anyone who is used to trouble free viewing like me.

Any comments?

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭rurs

For listings, this seems to be the best site,

http://www.en.aljazeerasport.tv/Schedule

although it only gives Mecca time.

As regards your reception problems, are you sure your dish is spot on? What type of card (Viaccess or Irdeto) and what receiver are you using?

Ok
    My signal shows 85/86 percent. I watch FTA Al Jazeera Global + another 100 or so channels without any problem for the past 6 years til now. The only problem is this AJ Sport. Some with far less signal strength than that?
    I use the Al Jazeera.net or .tv link
    It's either sometimes showing programs for the wrong day & also never complete.
    My card is Viaccess, receiver a Clarke-Tech 5100C
    TvCorner have said they 'refreshed'my access, I will let you know if it makes a difference!
    Thanks for replying

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭tapfit2004

I renewed my card with Premier.

I paid for a renewal on Friday.

Got a text on Saturday to say it was done.

Great service, communications and price.

Thanks for everything. Working perfect.

Ok
    My signal shows 85/86 percent. I watch FTA Al Jazeera Global + another 100 or so channels without any problem for the past 6 years til now. The only problem is this AJ Sport. Some with far less signal strength than that?
    I use the Al Jazeera.net or .tv link
    It's either sometimes showing programs for the wrong day & also never complete.
    My card is Viaccess, receiver a Clarke-Tech 5100C
    TvCorner have said they 'refreshed'my access, I will let you know if it makes a difference!
    Thanks for replying

I have not noticed any real difference since the card was 'refreshed', I still have some trouble sometimes with 'scrambled' channel.
    TV Corner suggested it was a bad connection on my receiver & told me to check whether in the menu it displayed the card as active, IT DID!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

My Al Jazeera card is now invalid apparently. Nothing wrong with the receiver as my Cyfra card works perfectly with it. I wont be replacing the card as I find the Al Jazeera service has really gone downhill over the last few months. Pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,817 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Why do you think the service has gone down hill?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

A decrease in English language (Champions League), Channels not working half the time (last few months)

These might not be an issue for you but they are enough for me to make not spend money on them again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭banjacksed

Got a new system installed this morning Aljazeera channels irish channels and english channels, delighted with it and picture quality is ex, dead happy

Advertisement