Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Failed induction

• 06-07-2012 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭

Has anyone any experience of a failed induction? I'm on my 5th lot of gel and I'm still not far enough for them to break my waters. I am getting contractions and they've said the wont give me anymore for a few days now: although they also said that about the 4th lot of gel.

They are talking about sending me home and coming back in Monday... They are reluctant to do a section (as reluctant as I am to have one) but I'm at my wits end. I'm really hoping someone has been through this and had baby soon after?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

How far gone are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

She's 39 +5

*I spend WAY too much time on the July board*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Haha ya what mink said :)

They've decided they won't let me home now but also to give internals a rest. I saw a second consultant too so they might restart the induction process Monday. Or they may give me more gel tomorrow...

Anyone I know who's been induced just goes into labour :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Cyning I had a failed induction too so can feeling your frustration. I was having strong contraction but not dilating. I ended up with a c-section though my waters had gone & babs went into distress so a section was the only option. Don't worry, however things pan out the doctors will do what's best for you & baby :-)

Best of luck x

Just had a look at the July thread and couldn't see anything. Is there a medical reason they are inducing you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

It is hard to find anything in our thread :D
    I'll let Cyning fill you in on her medical history but the short answer is yes :)

TwoMums2Be wrote: »
    It is hard to find anything in our thread :D
    I'll let Cyning fill you in on her medical history but the short answer is yes :)

Haha, thanks for that :) That's ok then I was going to say if there's no medical reason for it then I'd be asking the hospital to just leave baby where it is for the next week at least.

But if it's for medical reasons then if you go in on Monday and the gel doesn't work again I think I'd be pushing for a c section. There's only so much stress your body and the babies body can take. There's no point in carrying on getting the gel if it's obviously not working. Not the outcome you wanted probably but if your body is not ready to be induced it won't cooperate and if baby needs out then c section would probably be your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

Waters broke spontaneously after that and 5 and a half hours later babs came... So much for failed :)

I managed to read what ye had written but contractions came too fast to reply :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Congrats Cyning, I think that was a very successful induction after all!

Wohoo congrats cyning :D Glad you didn't need more gel or a c section in the end :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement