Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

'48' Mobile operator - Prepaid offer - 3000mins & 5000 texts €10per month

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

Topped up, still cannot make texts/calls. Cannot login to my account either. :mad::mad:

I've just logged in fine - what problem are you having?

You know you have to "pay your membership with balance" to start making calls?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Kinky Slinky

I've just logged in fine - what problem are you having?

You know you have to "pay your membership with balance" to start making calls?
    I have €11 credit and cannot make calls. Reset my password and it won't let me login with my new password Keeps saying incorrect password.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭pissed

For anyone that ported over their number. Just wondering what information was needed and if you had your details already registered with the network you were leaving, as in your date of birth :D. Did it cause any problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

pissed wrote: »
    For anyone that ported over their number. Just wondering what information was needed and if you had your details already registered with the network you were leaving, as in your date of birth :D. Did it cause any problems?

dont port if you've topped up already iv just lost my membership from doing so :mad: think ill have to buy seperate membership even tho its not showing my 085 num in my account its still showing 48 one

spider_pig wrote: »
    dont port if you've topped up already iv just lost my membership from doing so :mad: think ill have to buy seperate membership even tho its not showing my 085 num in my account its still showing 48 one

Havnt ported yet was just curious as to what info they need. Have not got around to buying credit yet either. So what your saying is port first and then top up?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Fuctifino

Have we found out if this is discrimination on account of age?

Fuctifino wrote: »

Yeah thats what I am trying to figure out myself. Seems to be ok if you just want to go with the 089 number but wondering if you could run into trouble if you try port assuming your correct details have been registered with O2 or VF etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 GavJ

Trying to sign up to 48 the weekend and i got this ? had to prove my age ... all sorted now though free calls and texts to ANY network chuffed .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I must say I find their whole tone of language a bit childish, I know they want to sound funny but the whole "sexy photo" idea is just cat, it isn't funny and the age thing is pure discrimination AFAIK, you can't sell something to a certain age category unless the law specifies so or there is an inbuilt risk i.e. insurance etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭JTMan

There are clearly major launch issues going on. Looks like a rush job launch to me.

Of course it is discrimination by Telefonica.

The Equality Board can be contacted at info@equality.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,076 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Fungus wrote: »

Of course it is discrimination by Telefonica.

The Equality Board can be contacted at info@equality.ie

Did you get a reply from them?

Membership Fee & Passport Required, doesn't seem like pre pay to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭JTMan

Did you get a reply from them?

Membership Fee & Passport Required, doesn't seem like pre pay to me.

Requesting a passport for age proof is clearly a breach of the Equality act. Period.

I have chased the Equity Board for a response to the complaint.

I hope others complain as well.

Does anyone have the contact details of someone senior in Telefonica? If so, I will complain to them as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Kinky Slinky

TheDriver wrote: »
    I must say I find their whole tone of language a bit childish, I know they want to sound funny but the whole "sexy photo" idea is just cat, it isn't funny and the age thing is pure discrimination AFAIK, you can't sell something to a certain age category unless the law specifies so or there is an inbuilt risk i.e. insurance etc.
    Requesting a passport for age proof is clearly a breach of the Equality act. Period.

Does anyone have the contact details of someone senior in Telefonica? If so, I will complain to them as well.
    http://i.imgflash.com/f4.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭knuth

Yawn.

Perhaps their age stint is a method of gaining advertisement?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Fuctifino

So i've requested information from a solicitor..
    Who wants to participate in a class action :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

They really won't have much comeback when I send them a pic of goatse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭LH2011

in order to go anywhere with this you will need to take a case, and get a precident set, you will need to fillout an EF1 form and send it to 48 months, then they send you back an EF2 form with the reasons,
    the whole thing takes some time.. you can get the required forms at the following link, http://www.workplacerelations.ie/en/services/publicationsdownloads/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Have they actually refused you, or are you just complaining in advance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

So i've requested information from a solicitor..
    Who wants to participate in a class action :)

Sorry to burst your bubble but "class actions" have no place in Irish law.

I have to agree, marketing people in general make me cringe but this particular campaign is off the scale.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭LH2011

I have to agree, marketing people in general make me cringe but this particular campaign is off the scale.

the picture at the main home page, is in poor taste, its a mobile phone site,
    ffs.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

When I first read about this, I didn't really care about the age restriction thing. But thinking about it, this is our radio spectrum they are using, it belongs to the people, and they should not be allowed to take over a chunk of it for their own profit and not allow the majority of the country to access it. I think some letters to comreg are in order.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Walter White

Bad taste... I think that photo is perfect for any company... What would you perfer a picture of an old granny... Its aimed at 18 to 22 year olds...
    As for a Law suit.... Who wants to join me in a Suit against the local park ?? Its says playground is for under 12s only... The PC brigade are out in force today...

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Walter White

stevenmu wrote: »
    When I first read about this, I didn't really care about the age restriction thing. But thinking about it, this is our radio spectrum they are using, it belongs to the people, and they should not be allowed to take over a chunk of it for their own profit and not allow the majority of the country to access it. I think some letters to comreg are in order.

Talk about discrimination.... What about My car insurance cost twice yours... Will you sort that out for me ???:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

Talk about discrimination.... What about My car insurance cost twice yours... Will you sort that out for me ???:)

That's the problem with the young folk today...they expect everything to be done for them!

You should look into getting it done yourself. A couple of post back, someone explanied what forms need to be filled in. Fill them in, send them off, and see what happens.

GavJ wrote: »
    Trying to sign up to 48 the weekend and i got this ? had to prove my age ... all sorted now though free calls and texts to ANY network chuffed .

What if you live at home, don't have a passport, and don't drive. How do you prove what age you are?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭spider_pig

ridiculous service but you get what you pay for, im stuck here all day with no phone after paying for a service im not receiving

Soarer wrote: »
    What if you live at home, don't have a passport, and don't drive. How do you prove what age you are?

If that is the case it sounds like you won't be needing 3000 minutes and 5000 texts.

If that is the case it sounds like you won't be needing 3000 minutes and 5000 texts.

That's exactly when you'd need them, 'cause you wouldn't be going anywhere!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I agree the insurance thing is ridiculous, but I can't fix all the worlds problems at once :)

Advertisement