Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Refugee Centre for Bettystown? - Mod note Post#70

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭leonards

projectgtr wrote: »
    Sorry to dig up an old thread but this seems to coming back on the agenda again for the Bettystown hotel and general area. I've heard plenty of rumours but it could be just that. The site is up for sale and I've been informed one of the potential 2 buyers is looking to move the families from money into the area. Does anyone have any concrete info as apposed to rumours?

Great.... Must be horrible to raise a family in Mosney "chalet".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

leonards wrote: »
    Great.... Must be horrible to raise a family in Mosney "chalet".

Its all relative , to some its a shoe box to others its a home, everything is relative. Also if current rumours are true i dont see it as "great" in the slightest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭nc6000

Here we go again. I'm 100% sure that this is nonsense.

nc6000 wrote: »
    Here we go again. I'm 100% sure that this is nonsense.

care to tell me how your 100%? pm if you want

projectgtr wrote: »
    care to tell me how your 100%? pm if you want

I raised this with one of the local councillors last time it came up and was told in writing that there were absolutely no plans for this to happen.

It's just rumour cropping up again.

• Advertisement

I raised this with one of the local councillors last time it came up and was told in writing that there were absolutely no plans for this to happen.

It's just rumour cropping up again.

Cheers for the update, i just heard it from a source close to the selling agent. In my opinion its the worst thing that ever happened to the area and should just be leveled, i havent the foggiest idea how it got planning permission.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

I believe inside the hotel is totally dilapidated. Leaking pipes etc etc
    Place should be leveled.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I believe inside the hotel is totally dilapidated. Leaking pipes etc etc
    Place should be leveled.

I heard that they can smell sewage in the credit union from pipes that burst. That's not to even consider the flooding issues of the car park underneath the complex!

Also heard from a local businessman that it would nearly cost as much to do up the hotel as it would to rebuild!

Apparently there is 35 acres of land for sale that includes the hotel and surrounding land.

This, coupled with the disrepair of the hotel would strongly suggest that there is an intention to home anybody at anytime soon in this place . .

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭hiltonhater

Not sure about the hotel but I was in the credit union on Friday evening and there was no smell. Not sure what has been done inside the hotel itself but would be a pretty safe bet to say it is uninhabitable and will not be used for refugees or anyone else for that matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 StanYoumi

Some people seem to have a lot of free time on your hands!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

They really need to make a decision. They also need to start that ring road.

bbability wrote: »
    They really need to make a decision. They also need to start that ring road.

Make a decision on what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Make a decision on what?

Knock it and the unfinished and unoccupied blocks or get them into a fit state, get the hotel open and trading, and sell or rent off the apartments.

Jawgap wrote: »
    Knock it and the unfinished and unoccupied blocks or get them into a fit state, get the hotel open and trading, and sell or rent off the apartments.

I wasn't sure what they were referring to or if they just meant make a decision on the "refugee centre".

Yep they definitely need to do something about it. I reckon a couple of wrecking balls and a few boxes of grass seed would be very welcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

I wasn't sure what they were referring to or if they just meant make a decision on the "refugee centre".

Yep they definitely need to do something about it. I reckon a couple of wrecking balls and a few boxes of grass seed would be very welcome.

It certainly would.

I'm very skeptical about the whole 'refugee centre rumours' that occasionally ignite - the whole trend is away for direct provision centres.

My one hope is that when the bulldozers move in and clear the site - they cross the road and clear out the 'trailer park.':)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

Newbie to the area but what an eyesore along with funtasia and caravan parks.

Any idea what will happen next?

http://droghedalife.com/791/104024/a/councillor-welcomes-nama-agreement-to-sell-bettystown-court-development

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

More houses for the area probably :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Will be interested to see if part of the agreed sale deal was that the developer would build a link road to the school. I was told by a local businessman that this was originally part of the plan before things went to sh*t.

Advertisement