Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Can Student Buy Laptop in UCC?

• 05-11-2009 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭

Are laptops for sale to students through the college? If so, what kind of spec and how much?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭samf

Well not directly through the college but theres a number of deals available for ucc students - check out http://www.ucc.ie/en/sit/laptop and http://laptops4students.ie/.

Hope that helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,886 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Bear in mind that you're not actually getting any special deal/discount through laptops4students.ie so make sure you do your shopping around. You might get a discount through the links from the UCC site.

Stark wrote: »
    Bear in mind that you're not actually getting any special deal/discount through laptops4students.ie so make sure you do your shopping around. You might get a discount through the links from the UCC site.

I dunno about that, on the site it says:
    The Laptops4Students programme has been put together to offer exceptional value to Irish students and families who are considering purchasing a laptop computer and ancillary software for college or home use. The programme is a collaboration between Technology First Limited in conjunction with world leading technology organisations such as Hewlett Packard, Intel, Microsoft, AMD and McAfee. Students can also finance their laptops over a 12 month period through a preferential student loan interest rate with Bank of Ireland.
    so i presume they carry some discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,886 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Well, when it says on their website that they offer "exceptional value", then it must be true. Personally, I'd shop around and compare prices. There was some discussion about that site here before and the consensus was that the deals weren't great.

Ok well ive heard nothing about them just seen them advertised so i certainly wont defend them, just thought it looked like they offer good deals, may be totally wrong though. Personally i'd just use the UCC Apple discount and buy a new ibook.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

all of the ucc deals are rubbish, shop arround....

Spec out what you actually want and then go looking for that. I'm sure enough people frequent here to give you a hand if you need it

• Registered Users Posts: 19 glanboy

The Laptops4Students and Families Programme in partnership with HP Ireland have an exclusive laptop promotion ending Monday December 1st 2014.

HP 255 Laptop Computer including HP colour printer/copier/scanner @ €399 inc delivery when using promotion code UCCL4S2014

Optional Laptop Bundle Offer @ €160

Also Available for an additional €160 is the Laptop Bundle Promotion. The bundle includes a free HP Colour Printer/Copier/Scanner worth €129. Order online here:

Advertisement