Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RGI advice required please......

• 27-01-2013 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

OK lads , I'm looking to see what I need to do to transfer my gas certs from the UK to Ireland. I done the original C&G 662 , and over the years have done the ACOPS and ACS certs to keep up to current standards.

Your thoughts appreciated , thanks.

Comments

The 662 is meaningless, you have two options you can sit a cross over paper done by Gassafe and regerster as a RGI or you can sit your GID and GIS in Ireland then regerster as a RGI

I wouldn't advise the crossover as its linked to your ACS and would have to be resat when your ACS is up, the GID/GIS will have to be resat every 5 years but it hasn't happened yet, Gary.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭dersawazzie

Thanks for your reply , I am going to look into the GID/GIS route it seems to be the easiest solution.

I did my crossover in the North which was a waste of money and a bit naughty as they didn't tell me it would run out in two years with my ACS, I then did my GID/GIS at METAC who make it as painless as possible. After ACOPS and ACS you will find the GID/GIS course's very very drawn out:( but if you ring METAC they may be able to put you on the shorter GID/GIS resit papers that are hot of the press and save you some heart ache.

Advertisement