Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What is needed ?

Options
  • 30-11-2004 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

I was looking to set up a motorised system to pick up FTA channels.

Its for my parents house they have a Sky supplied 60cm(I presume) dish and a Televes FTA box one of the following Boxes
    Not sure which one but they all support USALS / DiSEqC1.2 anyway.

I was thinking of getting a Diseqc Dish Motor by Motek
    But according to the discription it does not support the sky minidish.

Are the sky mini dish on different brackets or something?

Is it just a case of getting a different dish?
    Is a larger one needed anyway to get good signal anyway?I am Intereseted in getting the feeds from football matches and also Intelsat 907 at 27.5°W

Jesus that was a lot of questions....

Cheers for your help in advance...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Dumo the sky dish tbh and get a decent 80cm or 1m dish. GIf you are motorising it then definitley do this. There is a fair bit of FTA stuff apart from whats on Astra and Hotbird. MBC2 on arabsat is recievable in Ireland (ive yet to do it! :( ) and has good programmes. The motor you suggest gets godo reviews. For getting feeds on football matches if you are after saturday premiership games or any premiership games then dont build up to much hope. Very rarely do they appear FTA only once this year I think it happened when 3 games showed up on 1WEST. NBC have feeds appearing on 15west which are usually FTA although in the last few weeks have being going encrypted. 27.5 west hmm most of the stuff on that sat is aimed where you will not get it without a large large dish..

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Gargantuan

Ronan|Raven Cheers for your help :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Gargantuan wrote:
    Ronan|Raven Cheers for your help :D

sky dish has the wrong brackets and in any case is too small to get good value for a motor. The channel master dish is pretty good value butwont be available for much longer, triax TD78 also good

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Advertisement