Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

dance music

• 21-01-2005 9:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

hey everyone i'm new to this board and was wondering what everyone is into here?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Trance, Hard Techno, Schranz, and some Hardstyle.
    Have a look through the threads theres some links to differnt styles in here.
    welcome by the way :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Selik

I'm into all sorts of "dance music" (I hate that term) as you call it...

At the moment I'm really digging funky deep house. I used to love DnB but I've gone off that a little of late.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭nl

Giles wrote:
    I'm into all sorts of "dance music" (I hate that term) as you call it...

Have to agree with that. I am in to every style. If you limit yourself thats your loss.
    At the minute I am listening to bit of Paul Van Dyk. Cant beat a bit of trance :p

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭nl

And The prodigy. The Fat of the Jilted Generation. Flawless

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Whatever takes my fancy. More into the weirder stuff and ambient music

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭spyro_2001ie

Electro + Breakbeat, and a bit of everything from house to trance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

you can't beat a bit of filthy Hard-NRG... i keep going off it and then a tune comes out that brings me back in in a big way.

other than that. electro, house, techno, acid techno, some trance, a bit of d&b...
    anything goes tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Mostly Old Skool House/Rave from 88-93..todays dance music is mostly crap unfortunately but i am partial to some funky house and some breakbeat... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭spyro_2001ie

jonny68 wrote:
    todays dance music is mostly crap

that hurts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

Its true, once we had robert miles and faithless in the charts. Now we have sh1tty dance remixes of crap cheesey 80s pop songs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

OK Eoin, whatever you say.

that hurts

i feel the pain to :D

eoin5 wrote:
    Its true, once we had robert miles and faithless in the charts. Now we have sh1tty dance remixes of crap cheesey 80s pop songs

Do the charts matter to you, because they certainly dont to me, i dont think whats in the charts is a fair reflection of "Dance Music" at present

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

eoin5 wrote:

The 'hottest' entries in the charts at the moment? A remix of "Strings of Life" which was a seminal Ibiza hit and a remix of Robert Miles' "Children". Now I'm not sure whether that proves or disproves your point... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

At the moment Im into Techno, mainly tribal driving techno. I used to be a hard house nut and still do listen to the odd bit for nostalgic reasons. But I have always kept my mind open when it comes to dance music. I appreciate all styles. I only appreciate certain tunes if they are well made. None of this commercial "lets make a few grand and blow it on coke and bitches" type stuff. I dont believe in saying eg. trance is crap or hardstyle is crap. Thats just bollox. Different folks for different strokes. Thats my 2 cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

well... i like both kinds of music, drum AND bass. well, its what i play and alll i pretty much own give or take a few jazz vinyls. TEH BEST MUSIC TEH EVARR!!!1!1

AND i like techno too, although i have this weird thing where i only really like it when someone is actually playing it if you know what i mean, love watchin people mix techno.... like deep house, but wouldnt go out of my way to hear any... if i had loads of cash all the time i would be buying ghetto techno and the odd bit of breaks too... like a bit of speedcore/breakcore every once in a while, a bit of gabber if theres any going as long as i have somewhere very quiet to retreat to if it all gets a bit much, additionally, i really love the sort of uk garage zed bias was playing round 2001...

trance and hard house however have always made me want to stick cutlery in my ears... i know theres plenty of kids who like dancing to simple modular generic stuff that doesnt require an awful lot of effort on the part of the listener or the dancer but fùck them, they can keep it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 danceproject

Hi All,

Please View our new web Radio with Webcam here www.danceproject.ie

DECKSTER And Guests (Hardhouse inside) Live from 5PM today www.danceproject.ie Please also Join Our Forum here http://danceproject.ie/danceprojectforum/index.php Replays today up until 5PM include Dance Project Resident DJ Boo K and Tom Bolger Enjoy :)

Thanks for Listening Enjoy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

...might check this out,thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

old thread gets resurrected :D

anyway, i like oldskool anything really, all the detroit techno and chicago house from the 80's as well as acid house. 90's i like hardcore from '91-'94, jungle/d'n'b, house from prog to hard, and trance from '91-'97, not the biggest techno fan altho there are tracks i like. from late 90's untill now its been mainly d'n'b that i've been listening to, altho i did go thru a stage from around '04 until '08 just focusing on oldskool as i had gotten pretty pissed off listening to the absolute sh1te that was bein produced at the time, (i know there were good tunes bein produced at the time, but it wasn't my cuppa). now i like neurofunk/techstep mainly, with some liquid thrown in for good measure, and the odd bit of prog house altho i wouldn't be an avid follower of the scene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

6 and a half year old thread... haha

• Advertisement

how on earth someone with the tech skills to start an online radio station doesn't have the tech skills to start a thread on a forum is beyond me.

they even have their OWN forum, gas...

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

how on earth someone with the tech skills to start an online radio station doesn't have the tech skills to start a thread on a forum is beyond me.

they even have their OWN forum, gas...

Indeed, and how the fck they managed to find this thread to bump from 6 bloody years ago!

I'm going to guess they just googled "Hard House" and then just replied to a whole bunch of forum threads that came up...

Isn't much in the way of information on them anywhere online either, this thread and their own forum are the only two relevant results for "Boo K and Tom Bolger" (did you mean "Book and Tom Bolger?)...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

"Boo K and Tom Bolger" (did you mean "Book and Tom Bolger?)...

Did he mean Hyacinth Boo K?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

Trance/Hard Trance from 92-97
    Hard House from 95-02
    House, Piano House, Progressive House 92-97
    And a small bit of Hardcore/Breakbeat stuff from the early 90's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

eoin5 wrote: »

Funniest post ever...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

death metal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 danceproject

Ha sorry guys was trying to post a few Threads in boards.ie to get our forum looked at its hard starting off ya know,

ha didn know it was an old thread your right just googled dance music on google found the boards thread and posted in it :P

Advertisement