Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Apple launches new 12-inch MacBook with Retina display, refreshes MBA and MBP

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Cloud storage is great until you find yourself in an area without internet - and this being Ireland... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

I went into Apple in Belfast the other day and the 13" machines have the new force touch trackpads. Honestly, I had to check three times that this machine didn't have any moving parts under the trackpad. That thing is made of Magic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

I’ve experienced none of those with Yosemite.
    Gonzo wrote: »
    I mean in terms of their OS just not as good as they used to be. I know about 7 people with macs, 5 of them had to roll back to Mountain Lion from Yosemite due to a whole host of problems from bad wireless connectivity/dropped connections to keyboards and mice not responding or random freezes. At this stage there is not much difference between Apple and Microsoft.

Im refusing to upgrade to Yosemite and refusing to upgrade my pc from Windows 7 to 8 so not too happy with both platforms right now.
    Yosemite has a few issues alright, wireless dropping constantly is probably the biggest one I've come across, especially with the MacBook air....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

bidiots wrote: »
    Yosemite has a few issues alright, wireless dropping constantly is probably the biggest one I've come across, especially with the MacBook air....

My own experience was that changing the power save settings to stop the hard drives being put to sleep made my WiFi more reliable with Yosemite.

Paddy

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Wifi has been fine for me on two MacBooks, one of which I never turn off or sleep except to update. A lot of these wifi issues only affect certain machines and you just have to wait it out. My old white iMac had no wifi at all for the first year after I bought it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭bidiots

Wifi has been fine for me on two MacBooks, one of which I never turn off or sleep except to update. A lot of these wifi issues only affect certain machines and you just have to wait it out. My old white iMac had no wifi at all for the first year after I bought it.

That's just not acceptable when paying a lot of money for a laptop, imo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭ukoda

bidiots wrote: »
    That's just not acceptable when paying a lot of money for a laptop, imo

True, but its not a problem limited to Apple or MacBooks, all brands suffer from issues like this and some customers are just unlucky

• Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

any idea when the new 12" will be available here ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,239 ✭✭✭Elessar

Friday I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,832 ✭✭✭s8n

where are people buying this for the best price with dollar being so strong ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement