Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

August 2015 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ms Tootsie

YAY another excellent report from a big scan!

So glad it is Friday! I think I am going to try and pick up some maternity clothes this weekend. I am not showing yet - still - but at 18 weeks I definitely feel my clothes a little more snug, especially my tops around the chest!

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭emka1984

Yay, now I am sure that what I thought were the baby movements/kicks are for sure kicks! I could even feel them on the outside today, and even hubby felt them through my belly! What a fab feeling!

Happy weekend everyone !

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭catchery

emka1984 wrote: »
    Yay, now I am sure that what I thought were the baby movements/kicks are for sure kicks! I could even feel them on the outside today, and even hubby felt them through my belly! What a fab feeling!

Happy weekend everyone !

Greatstuff whoo hoo ! Delighted for you both ahh it gets better and better have a wonderful weekend !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Have definitely felt movement over the past few evenings, On Friday I felt the same kind of "flutter" as I felt during the week but wasn't sure, and then last night there was a good bit more. It's the maddest feeling ever!

Have definitely felt movement over the past few evenings, On Friday I felt the same kind of "flutter" as I felt during the week but wasn't sure, and then last night there was a good bit more. It's the maddest feeling ever!

Never gets old ! Delighted for you ! enjoy it !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Still np flutters but can feel kind of popping if that makes sense.lower that my bellybutton but not as low as pubic bone. Don't know if I'm imagining it.

Still np flutters but can feel kind of popping if that makes sense.lower that my bellybutton but not as low as pubic bone. Don't know if I'm imagining it.

I thought last week I was imagining it, but now I know it's definitely it. Last night there was loads! I find if I put my feet up on a footstool it almost sets baby off, whatever way my belly is tilted and whatever way baby moves I can feel it. Mines quite low down too.

I thought last week I was imagining it, but now I know it's definitely it. Last night there was loads! I find if I put my feet up on a footstool it almost sets baby off, whatever way my belly is tilted and whatever way baby moves I can feel it. Mines quite low down too.

Did you get that 'popping' sort of feeling as well BM? Don't know if I'm describing it too well lol.
    I hope it becomes more obvious to me soon. I'm waiting very impatiently for the movements now ha

Did you get that 'popping' sort of feeling as well BM? Don't know if I'm describing it too well lol.
    I hope it becomes more obvious to me soon. I'm waiting very impatiently for the movements now ha

Yep, I suppose it sort of pops! Try putting your feet up tonight, it tends to happen just after I sit down for the evening, maybe 9pm, when I first relax.

Thanks I'll try that later and see how I get on :)

• Advertisement

Yeah, it could well be described like popping at the start :-)

Yay maybe it is the start of them

Big scan tomorrow, starting to get a bit stressed...

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dobbit

I know how you feel emka1984. I got a bit freaked out the night before too, just try to focus on looking forward to seeing baby again!

Dobbit wrote: »
    I know how you feel emka1984. I got a bit freaked out the night before too, just try to focus on looking forward to seeing baby again!

Good plan ! :-)

Goodluck tomorrow emka i was the same hun think we all are try get some rest . The good thing is as dobbit said you get to see how big your baby has grown since the last scan !

All seems to be OK, thanks for the support ladies! The nurse wasn't too chatty unfortunately and I don't know anything about measurements but she did say everything looks good and the baby is growing as it should be.

I had to almost demand to have the sex checked which was a bit of a surprise... but apparently it looks like it's going to be a girl, woohoo!

All seems to be OK, thanks for the support ladies! The nurse wasn't too chatty unfortunately and I don't know anything about measurements but she did say everything looks good and the baby is growing as it should be.

I had to almost demand to have the sex checked which was a bit of a surprise... but apparently it looks like it's going to be a girl, woohoo!

CONGRATS!!!

Ahh thats great news emka so happy for ye a baby girl ! You wont be able to stop yourself looking at all girlie baby clothes now ! Congratulations !

Congrats emka

• Advertisement

Congratulations Emka, great that alls looking good! Nothing worse than the nervous anticipation. I'm already getting antsy about mine and it's nearly 3 weeks away!

catchery wrote: »
    Ahh thats great news emka so happy for ye a baby girl ! You wont be able to stop yourself looking at all girlie baby clothes now ! Congratulations !

I'll try not to, just in case a boy is born, lol, but I probably won't be able to say no to a few pink items anyway ;-)

Can I ask the mammies who've elected to find out, could you actually make out anything on the scans or were you taking their word for it? I saw one scan on youtube where you could clearly see the labia so it was obvious but it seemed to be much clearer than anything I've seen so far.

Dobbit wrote:
    Can I ask the mammies who've elected to find out, could you actually make out anything on the scans or were you taking their word for it? I saw one scan on youtube where you could clearly see the labia so it was obvious but it seemed to be much clearer than anything I've seen so far.

Yeah the sonographer took a picture and showed us the 3 lines which is apparently meant to be the labia. Also we couldn't see a penis so that helped us believe her lol.
    I got my gender scan done in ultrasound dimensions. They had to bring me back because they couldn't tell me with the way she was laying at first

Like o mentioned, our nurse was not very friendly so we got no explanation. Hence I'm a bit sceptical for now...

Like o mentioned, our nurse was not very friendly so we got no explanation. Hence I'm a bit sceptical for now...

Such a shame she was not nice, everyone I've encountered in Holles Street is much nicer than in a general hospital! The midwives in that hospital on One Born look like great craic.

Such a shame she was not nice, everyone I've encountered in Holles Street is much nicer than in a general hospital!.

I agree! :-) for some reason the last one was an exception but I am sure it's a once off... maybe she was having a bad day...

Bit of a tmi but has anyone else started having leaky chest problems? :( I'm only 23 weeks so it seems a little early.

Dobbit wrote:
    Bit of a tmi but has anyone else started having leaky chest problems? I'm only 23 weeks so it seems a little early.

No not yet I'm 21 weeks and I read on my book it will probably start happening soon. Not something I'm looking forward to

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

No not yet I'm 21 weeks and I read on my book it will probably start happening soon. Not something I'm looking forward to

I'm 37 weeks and it's still not happening me, differs for everyone.

Advertisement