Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I am excited to not be going out for dinner! Guy who owns the house parents have left! I can cook all I want again. They were here a week!

I may not see my parents all year, but I would still go mad if they came and stayed with me for a week to clean and watch tv. I can barely handle the long regular skype calls my mother insists upon. News today- The hoover is fixed, but the hoover bags are full.

I did tell her my disappointment that she didn't send me a Valentines card, and ratted out all my siblings for being crap. Nothing like a bit of trans-Atlantic guilt :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭nicechick!

I have it easy so, my boyfriend is only 2500 miles away!

It's not easy but it can work really well if you both want it to. It is a permanent thing though? Me and my boyfriend get through it knowing one of us will move to be with the other by next year at the latest.

oh good luck!! (envious...) for us its so early in the relationship but to be fair I think we'd both consider a move at some stage but its to get to that stage I'm overwhelmed with :eek: we're newbies in love so to speak :D (am I making sense!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

bluewolf wrote: »
    i have leftover calories and no cake :(

eat ALL the biscuits!

(i'd love another steak though)

Ditto, loads of leftover calories and nothing to use them up with. Well, I have carrots, eggs and beans but that was dinner :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Gaaah why must family do everything within their power to make you feel crap???

Time for icecream and a feel good movie I thinks, cure for everything

Calories left over! Ye should be so proud :) Teach me the willpower.

I'd say I eat my daily allowance in one meal. Have another pre-session thing with my counselor on Friday before I can start my group eating disorder classes. They take stuff seriously here!

Just kinda sick of being on the wait list now, but only 2 weeks left!

Bleh been having a doss of a day, time to work now :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

i dont know how i managed it on 1200 calories and eating pork and steak today but they were very small portions i suppose :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ilyana

Calories left over! Ye should be so proud :) Teach me the willpower.

I'd say I eat my daily allowance in one meal. Have another pre-session thing with my counselor on Friday before I can start my group eating disorder classes. They take stuff seriously here!

Just kinda sick of being on the wait list now, but only 2 weeks left!

Bleh been having a doss of a day, time to work now :(

Well tbh I really haven't eaten enough today, it's not so much willpower as forgetfulness and lack of time!

I hope your classes go well, they seem to really want to take care of you :) And don't be worrying about calories, I saw your pic in KYL and you look great! :)

Ugh I'm getting stuck into the work now too, Fianna Fail in the 1930s is such a fascinating topic :/

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Loopie

Devil Wears Prada is on RTE 1 now - love this film, especially the clothes in it. Always makes me want to make an effort going to work the day after I watch it!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

think it's an early night for me tonight, I feel exhausted :o

Links234 wrote: »
    think it's an early night for me tonight, I feel exhausted :o

Feel your pain but it's nearly the weekend so happy days and all hail the lie in!!!:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Just deleted all the crap I don't need from the favourite's bar on my laptop. Feeling nice and organised now. :)

I have a new tragus piercing, sleeping tonight is going to be ooouch. :eek:

Posy wrote: »
    Just deleted all the crap I don't need from the favourite's bar on my laptop. Feeling nice and organised now. :)

I have a new tragus piercing, sleeping tonight is going to be ooouch. :eek:

I got mine done in a jewelers, not a piercers. Never again! Woke up to a bloody pillow the next day :pac:

Been wanting a new one but some of mine are not liking the move very well, without going into gory details. Might be the water here or something. So won't get my next one till they have settled down.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

I'm feeling very proud of myself tonight. Had my weekly horse riding lesson tonight & I jumped the biggest jump I've jumped in a long while :D I was absolutely bricking it, because I prefer going over the nice baby jumps, and I was trying to send telepathic messages to my instructor to tell him to put the jump down, but he was ignoring me tonight! Really glad I jumped it, and did it well, even though I was bricking it! Such an adrenaline rush!

And I'm going to see the Muppets on Friday with the boy from work :D was talking to him on FB today and he has no credit til tomorrow. I also saw a comment he put in reply to a post on his wall and he said something about how he's been meeting up with a girl in a way that made it sound like he's very much interested in me :D maybe I'll get a smooch on Friday?!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Someone please hack into the bbc food website and take it down so I can stop looking at chocolate things to make.

Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

mariebeth wrote: »
    I'm feeling very proud of myself tonight. Had my weekly horse riding lesson tonight & I jumped the biggest jump I've jumped in a long while :D I was absolutely bricking it, because I prefer going over the nice baby jumps, and I was trying to send telepathic messages to my instructor to tell him to put the jump down, but he was ignoring me tonight! Really glad I jumped it, and did it well, even though I was bricking it! Such an adrenaline rush!

Legend! I love that bit where you're over the jump you were so scared about and all na na na na na na naaaaaa, gotcha you stripy poled fecker! (and then nearly fall off trotting round a corner cos you're lost in such a smug haze)

Been really busy lately & have barely been able to nip in here for a read. Hope everyone's in massive form :)

Someone please hack into the bbc food website and take it down so I can stop looking at chocolate things to make.

Thank you.

Put down the chocolate and step away from the screen...

I got mine done in a jewelers, not a piercers. Never again! Woke up to a bloody pillow the next day :pac:

Been wanting a new one but some of mine are not liking the move very well, without going into gory details. Might be the water here or something. So won't get my next one till they have settled down.
    Stress can cause piercings, even old ones, to flare up, so if you're under stress that could be a factor too.
    I have both tragus's done now.
    I've had one done years, but the one I got today was a re-pierce.. I got it done before and the girl botched it! Had to stop half way through because she couldn't get the needle in, and there was about a centimeter between the entry and exit points. It was a disaster. Had to leave it close it up about a year ago. Luckily got it done somewhere less crap this time! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

Legend! I love that bit where you're over the jump you were so scared about and all na na na na na na naaaaaa, gotcha you stripy poled fecker! (and then nearly fall off trotting round a corner cos you're lost in such a smug haze)

Lol! That is EXACTLY how I felt * :D

*once I got my breath back!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

The dresses I bought on awear.com have to go back :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Loopie wrote: »
    Put down the chocolate and step away from the screen...

Have rediscovered the bettycrocker recipes. Christ.
    SarahBeep! wrote: »

Aww no why? Did you buy that purple one that I was saying I have in black?

Can't believe they've gone down to 20 yo yos - mine was 60 (though I only payed 45) but it's still less than half what I paid. :eek:

• Advertisement

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Noooo. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Really in a bad mood tonight (hate that my family have that effect on me). Might take a page out of the ladies lounge book and make some cake...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Posy wrote: »
    Allybear, I hope you feel better soon. Feeling down is just horrible- everything seems so blue at times like that. xx

Krudler- a video interview?? I've never heard of them before. Why don't they have face to face interviews, is it for a job far away or something? :confused:

Good sign dude - they obviously want to see you, but can't organise for the person who needs to meet you to perform the interview. (Is the interviewer out of the country by any chance?)

Posy - video interviews, and video CVs are the new fad in recruitment. Video CVs in particular are the rage in the USA.

Blush_01 wrote: »
    Video CVs in particular are the rage in the USA.
    Oh. Dear. God. :eek::eek:
    :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

I feel really horrible. After ranting about my brother both in this thread and in person, I snapped and told him I was pregnant today - and basically told him "I'm done with you".

In bed all evening, and he's just arrived over ... With a massive Chinese, chicken curry, rice and a bag of chips and two chicken balls, all for me.

There's enough here to feed me for the week - my big bro doesn't believe in portion control ha... But I could cry because I know moneys pretty tight for him at the minute :(

I feel like the worst sister ever

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

Posy - video interviews, and video CVs are the new fad in recruitment. Video CVs in particular are the rage in the USA.

Oh my god.

Please please please let me get a job for life soon so I never ever have to do one of those :eek: :(:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭MsAllybear

I feel really horrible. After ranting about my brother both in this thread and in person, I snapped and told him I was pregnant today - and basically told him "I'm done with you".

In bed all evening, and he's just arrived over ... With a massive Chinese, chicken curry, rice and a bag of chips and two chicken balls, all for me.

There's enough here to feed me for the week - my big bro doesn't believe in portion control ha... But I could cry because I know moneys pretty tight for him at the minute :(

I feel like the worst sister ever

you're not worst sister ever, and he obviously knows that or he'd not have brought over all that to u ! :) ah my brother has subtle ways of showing he cares when he knows i'm upset etc.. like offering me sweets!

I'm having a drink to keep me settled.. i rarely drink but the way i'm feeling i thought hmm i'll have one, i know it'll do no good but feck it, i'm feeling shi*e! my brother sent me msg saying not to post stuff on his fb (i havent since new year!) and he doesnt want his personal stuff up etc.. he wasnt giving out but it put me to tears!
    Thats how emotional I am! this is a joke now!
    Is it possible its down to the pill? i went back on it at start of year...
    if it is, feck im getting off it but at same time this feelings were happening before i on it!

Have rediscovered the bettycrocker recipes. Christ.

Next stop - eating the icing straight from the Betty Crocker tub... :D

Oh my god.

Please please please let me get a job for life soon so I never ever have to do one of those :eek: :(:confused:
    + 1,000,000
    :eek:

• Advertisement

My ski trip is cancelled :(:( Was so looking forward to it. At least I get to spend mid-term on campus doing work now :(

Oh I would hate to do a video CV. One of my profs said we can submit our next paper in video form. Hellz no, I will write the 10 page paper!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement