Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What to do when you become unemployed?

• 12-01-2012 1:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭

So like a lot of people I've recently become unemployed, I used to work every Saturday night in a disco bar around here but it was shut down just before Christmas.:( I've been DJing for three years now, and I'd like to move towards club gigs, instead of mobile work but whatever area, work is so hard to get around here!
    The local night club's have they're own lads and I have approached them for work even just for an hour to get some experience but no joy.
    You can't really blame them, if it was my gig I'd be weary of letting someone else take over!
    But I was just wondering what advice ye might have?
    I'm sure I'm not the first person to be out of work. It's not that I was just in it for the money either, I've invested in good equipment and I really loved my job but to add insult to injury I spotted a lad in a certain Castlebar nightclub using iTunes while two CDJ2000's sat there idle!:confused:

Rant over :)

Any help is appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭brianc27

start listening to techno, only ever play in your bedroom and be an arsehole about it on the internet, you'll be happier for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Download some free music software and make your own tunes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭thenashlegend

brianc27 wrote: »
    start listening to techno, only ever play in your bedroom and be an arsehole about it on the internet, you'll be happier for it

The phrase "tech-no **** from no one" comes to mind :p

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

Haha that last bit reminded me of my cousins cousin.. I was talking to be a few years ago about DJing and so I asked what equipment he uses. So, he goes on about CD decks (I'm sure its one of the combi units), laptop with vdj and YOUTUBE!! So I had to pull him up on that one. 'Yeah sure they don't know the difference' was his answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭dubsbhoy

If your looking for employment - stick to the mobile stuff

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭thenashlegend

dubsbhoy wrote: »
    If your looking for employment - stick to the mobile stuff

It seems like the only chance these days, granted a club would be more regular. But getting a foot on that ladder is just impossible unless you talk sh1t on i f***in radio, that's how it is around here anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭dubsbhoy

It seems like the only chance these days, granted a club would be more regular. But getting a foot on that ladder is just impossible unless you talk sh1t on i f***in radio, that's how it is around here anyway!

Keep the mobile gig going, nothing to lose and work towards the clubs in the background

Advertisement