Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Another wowhead returns. Looking for a Irish lads that play Alliance

• 20-10-2014 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭

I haven't played since the end of WotLK. I'm mainly looking for PVE (not too hardcore, it ain't gonna be like before ;) )

Anyway feel free to talk to me here or add me on battlenet and message me.

BattleID: sanelyidle#2525

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Can't believe I, too, am about to post this but....

I'm considering returning to WoW as well. I currently have a 90 character (I think, I literally played about a week of MoP and gave up) and will get a second with the boost I guess.

Are there many Irish players around. If there are, where do most play? Secondly, I work full-time so basically only play in the evenings -- are there any evening/night Guilds out there?

Also, I'll be over a year behind on gear; if I do return where should I start?

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

Can't believe I, too, am about to post this but....

I'm considering returning to WoW as well. I currently have a 90 character (I think, I literally played about a week of MoP and gave up) and will get a second with the boost I guess.

Are there many Irish players around. If there are, where do most play? Secondly, I work full-time so basically only play in the evenings -- are there any evening/night Guilds out there?

Also, I'll be over a year behind on gear; if I do return where should I start?
    Go straight and do the iron horde quest thing should pop up when u login theres a cape ring and trinket that you get from the quests that are up to date takes like 10 min to do them all...then to timeless and farm some gear also start killing the celestials(once a week) for a chance of gear and on to looking for raid

Thanks a lot :)

What is timeless and celestials? Forgive the ignorance but I logged on to wow last night and the last time I logged on was July 2013... Sitting in heroic iLvl 502 gear lol

Thanks a lot :)

What is timeless and celestials? Forgive the ignorance but I logged on to wow last night and the last time I logged on was July 2013... Sitting in heroic iLvl 502 gear lol

celestials are a weekly boss on the timeless isle its in pandaria bottom right of the map

johnf26 wrote: »
    celestials are a weekly boss on the timeless isle its in pandaria bottom right of the map

Sweeeeet. If I ever make it out of work today I'll look around there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Sweeeeet. If I ever make it out of work today I'll look around there!

Timeless isle has some quests that will net you 496 ilvl gear, you can also farm lesser coins of luck which can be used to upgrade gear to a factor of 4.

So if you do the blasted lands quests you will know what you need to get on timeless isle, then LFR requires 496 ilvl to enter and you can get 528 gear.

Additionally you can use lesser coins to buy gear off the honor vendor (522 ilvl)

Are Lesser coins the same as what it was MoP launch because I'm pretty sure I have a butt load.

Anyway, I just got home. ID is Sinister #2774

Forgot to mention UBRS drops 550 gear and is accessible from level 515. Doesnt drop full set though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

I'm considering coming back as well (new exp comes out in time for me to demand it as a birthday present) but I'm in the same boat - can only really do PvE and some night-time casual raiding when my daughter is asleep. Been playing on the hubby's account to get my fix and to get some gold together so he can get a quicker hand on stuff for when we finally get a second gaming rig. Barely touched MoP content. Got to 90 twice and was too far behind to raid with my guild.

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    I'm considering coming back as well (new exp comes out in time for me to demand it as a birthday present) but I'm in the same boat - can only really do PvE and some night-time casual raiding when my daughter is asleep. Been playing on the hubby's account to get my fix and to get some gold together so he can get a quicker hand on stuff for when we finally get a second gaming rig. Barely touched MoP content. Got to 90 twice and was too far behind to raid with my guild.

The new group finer means you can pug cross realm pretty much at anytime. You will be slower than cutting edge folks but it's technical capable to raid late night now .

• Advertisement

I have to say now that I am back playing I am impressed. Blizzard have really turned the game around. I am disappointed by a few things - I've played a shaman since vanilla and I came back and they have removed so many of our core mechanics - mana tide and storm lash totem are gone.

On the other hand the game looks fantastic. Was just admiring my ghost wolf there in the MoP city last night and was blown away at how good it looks. Did some lfr last night after getting some decent gear pieces from thrall; was topping healing meters and was beating guys in 560+ gear in DPS (I'm 501) which is pretty horrifying. I guess because it's lfr nobody gives a crap, but all the same I can see aome things haven't changed!!

Anyway, gonna give it to next weekend before I decide to apply to a raiding guild. I'm going to start logging personal raids and stuff and really work on gear next week because I'm not around this weekend. There's a late night guild on tarren mill so I might try my luck with them. Haven't really done research on the others. I don't really need a late night guild but because I'm in Ireland we are an hour behind most European countries and I simply can't make it home from work most evenings before 730 which is too late for most regular guilds.

Time will tell but right now it's good :)

I have to say now that I am back playing I am impressed. Blizzard have really turned the game around. I am disappointed by a few things - I've played a shaman since vanilla and I came back and they have removed so many of our core mechanics - mana tide and storm lash totem are gone.

On the other hand the game looks fantastic. Was just admiring my ghost wolf there in the MoP city last night and was blown away at how good it looks. Did some lfr last night after getting some decent gear pieces from thrall; was topping healing meters and was beating guys in 560+ gear in DPS (I'm 501) which is pretty horrifying. I guess because it's lfr nobody gives a crap, but all the same I can see aome things haven't changed!!

Anyway, gonna give it to next weekend before I decide to apply to a raiding guild. I'm going to start logging personal raids and stuff and really work on gear next week because I'm not around this weekend. There's a late night guild on tarren mill so I might try my luck with them. Haven't really done research on the others. I don't really need a late night guild but because I'm in Ireland we are an hour behind most European countries and I simply can't make it home from work most evenings before 730 which is too late for most regular guilds.

Time will tell but right now it's good :)

I know the guild I am in (doesn't actively raid any more since we all became parents :D ) had a lot of European players but more English/Irish ones, so everything was done on our time. You shouldn't have a problem scouring the Guild Finder to get a good one that works on our timeline :)

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    I know the guild I am in (doesn't actively raid any more since we all became parents :D ) had a lot of European players but more English/Irish ones, so everything was done on our time. You shouldn't have a problem scouring the Guild Finder to get a good one that works on our timeline :)

Guild finder?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

You can just search for Guilds now. Click the guild button and one of the tabs allows you to search for and apply to guilds that suit your preference (PvP, raids, evenings, weekends etc...).

Guild finder?

Yeah there's a new thingy that lets you search through guilds based on your preferences like day time/evening, raiding/pve/pvp and so on. I'm not sure if you can do it when in a guild, but I was browsing through it last night!

WoW has changed o_O

Thanks

Guild finder can be crap, I would look at server forums and monitor trade on your server.

The reason it's crap is that, good guilds don't use it and some adds for guilds stay up for a long time.

It's been in the game since cata hasn't it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭KGLady

Would any of you fancy putting together a group via battle tag and poking about into some form of Siege of Orgrimmar before WoD?
    I'd offer a mumble server for the night.

KGLady wrote: »
    Would any of you fancy putting together a group via battle tag and poking about into some form of Siege of Orgrimmar before WoD?
    I'd offer a mumble server for the night.

I can I have a shammy healer that can do it or a hunter.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,246 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Irish seems to be smattered around Servers, Im on Argent Dawn and there are a good Few Irish on there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

You all need to play Horde and then we can cross realm. I've done a few raids with some boardsies who are all apart of some Irish clan or something. Nice lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I'm back on my alliance characters on Ravencrest. Pretty much full irish guild :)

Defias also has a few Irish north and south.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Jaayylol

I'm on alliance on Sylvanas, I might faction change to horde for the new exp but i'm not sure yet. Have 2-3 irl friends that play as well.

hey guys im on doomhammer ally looking to do some raiding with other irish anyone in need of a dps add me womp#2932 can cross realm and maybe realm change

Ha good old doomhammer my first home, didnt think it was still active.

we did have good times in egb on horde but ally side never kicked of..i no me and bobby had characters on both.The is still a few irish kicking about on horde but all in different guilds

Yah, them where the days back when i had no idea how to play. No surprise the Irish lads are spread its the same on most servers as people play with folk who align to their playing time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 skylerr13

Kenny#2859. Feel free to add. Run a guild on Wildhammer with a couple of Irish friends. Always room for more if people are looking for a home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Residentwow

TheDoc wrote: »
    I'm back on my alliance characters on Ravencrest. Pretty much full irish guild :)
    What's your guilds name?

Advertisement