Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What did you get your lot for christmas?

• 25-12-2011 4:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭

I always buy prezzies for my pets for Xmas.

The dog, a new collar and a pizzle stick, he's here eating the pizzle stick, it's massive nearly the length of himself and fairly sure the eyes are rolling back into his head from happiness!

The younger cat, also a collar plus a sticking with various toys.

The older cat will be getting a tin of tuna and some cream because she doesn't play and will not tolerate a collar.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭First Aid Ireland

I couldn't believe they make xmas stockings for cats! Obviously I had to buy one. It's full of whiskas stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

An Ostrich thing with a long rope neck, long ropey legs and a head that squeaks. A small hole was made at the back of the head and the stuffing removed bit by bit until the squeak was found, removed and carefully set aside:cool: Every so often she forgets about the ostrich, then remembers and races off to find it and kill it all over again :D

There's also a stocking which isn't opened yet. there's a squeaky bone in there which will last all of 5 seconds I reckon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭santasbird

A lovely black new coat for my 14 year old dog. Its her first coat so not sure what she'll think of it when I put it on her. Two bags of doggie treats and her pal Buddy has a present for her when he calls up tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Green tripe for brekkie this morning, extra walks in the forestry and a raw lamb shank each from the English Market for their dinner later.

They are 8 and 9 now so I long ago ran out of toys and things to buy for them! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Scruffles

I couldn't believe they make xmas stockings for cats! Obviously I had to buy one. It's full of whiskas stuff.
    had never seen them in shops before?:confused:
    they are very successful-have been going for longer than us eighties kids have been around even.:D
    whiskers,felix,good girl etc have all made those christmas stockings with the usual treats and toys.

there are real christmas stockings available for pets as well,as mum had got our girls and boy one one year and it is up now-
    788195-XWCQCCS.jpg
    if have managed to find nice enough goodies to put in there they are usualy far better,customised to the individual kitteh,and sometimes cheaper than the branded generic stockings as well.

am living in residential care and as part of the screwed up english law am only allowed a tiny amount to live on,this does not cover day to day living and basic disability needs let alone presents and was not even able to afford a tin of cat food for biscuit,goldie and our new tennant kitteh-boomer [they all live at the family home so are not otherwise affected].

anyway,yesterday was fed up at not being able to spoil the cats as they are whom am closest to,and had come up with the idea of a christmas cake,or as had termed it-a catmas cake.
    ingredients were totaly random,trial and error sort of thing.
    made it with dad but all he coud whinge about was the smell of the fish when he eats it himself.

they all had a piece today,boomer had a lot as he very much liked it,biscuit wasnt that keen and goldie liked it but wasnt allowed a lot because of kidney and digestive issues but overral it went down a treat with them-have got the ingredients and plenty of photos of the cake and them eating it here:
    http://theresidentialautist.blogspot.com/2011/12/merry-catmas.html

mum/dad said they bought a few bits for them for christmas but never saw anything out of the ordinary lying around,unless they hid it up in the wardrobe wrapped up to make them think santa was still giving them presents?:confused::P

• Advertisement
Advertisement