Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ferguson Ariva 120 Users Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭stwome01

Seem to be a minor update on the firmware
    http://www.ferguson-digital.eu/en/download/HD-Satellite-Receivers/ariva-120-combo/

A120Combo_2.18B4.zip

Submitted On: 25 June 2012 I haven't tried it yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭s_gr

stwome01 wrote: »
    For the "One For All" universal remote
    VCR 2614
    SAT 2638
    However not all "One For All" universal remotehave this programmed into them.

I have a One for All 4 in 1 remote URC7140 which and be programmed with above codes by the one for all distributor MSE in Dublin if you send it to them.

The remote also allows the power on function to turn both tv and box on and off at the same time so tv remote can be left to one side. Very handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭O'Prez

Lads if I stick a $ky card in this will I get a 7 day EPG for the channels?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭STB

O'Prez wrote: »
    Lads if I stick a $ky card in this will I get a 7 day EPG for the channels?

The 7 day epg has nothing to do with encryption.

Yeah I know but would a freeview card give me a 7 day EPG or just now and next? I'm just wondering because the Saorview EPG on the box greatly outshines the now and next functionality for the UK channels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Compton

he just said it has nothing to do with the encryption..

...thanks for clarifying!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Basicially inserting a card has no bearing on the epg so if the box does not have a 7 day epg on FTA inserting a card will not change that.

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Tony wrote: »
    Basicially inserting a card has no bearing on the epg so if the box does not have a 7 day epg on FTA inserting a card will not change that.

Thanks Tony. That's all I wanted to know :)

O'Prez wrote: »
    Thanks Tony. That's all I wanted to know :)

No problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

stwome01 wrote: »
    Seem to be a minor update on the firmware
    http://www.ferguson-digital.eu/en/download/HD-Satellite-Receivers/ariva-120-combo/

A120Combo_2.18B4.zip

Submitted On: 25 June 2012 I haven't tried it yet though.

Fancy new station numbers:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

Fancy new station numbers:)

Any pics? Or is that tongue-in-cheek

Onikage wrote: »
    Any pics? Or is that tongue-in-cheek

Well, it was hardly worth their while. There's fancy 3-digit numbering of the channels and the yellow progress line is now positioned between Now & Next:D. There's nothing else that I've noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Onikage

So, nothing worth ruining my neatly organised channel list over then :)

Onikage wrote: »
    So, nothing worth ruining my neatly organised channel list over then :)

Definitely not IMHO. I spent 3hrs re-arranging my channels afterwards:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

still cant receive pick tv or its +1 on the ariva 120 as its in the 12.0xx range and for whatever reason on two receivers in 2 different houses it wont scan them in. before anyone says its an lnb problem they are coming in clear on an ex sky box with the frequencies added under other channels no problem... any ideas solutions? signal quality they are telling me is 40% with quality 10% on both ariva 120 boxes in the two houses..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

still cant receive pick tv or its +1 on the ariva 120 as its in the 12.0xx range and for whatever reason on two receivers in 2 different houses it wont scan them in. before anyone says its an lnb problem they are coming in clear on an ex sky box with the frequencies added under other channels no problem... any ideas solutions? signal quality they are telling me is 40% with quality 10% on both ariva 120 boxes in the two houses..
    try increasing or decreasing the channel freq by about .005 (if it's say 12.650 try 12.655 or 12.645)

. before anyone says its an lnb problem they are coming in clear on an ex sky box with the frequencies added under other channels no problem...

Just because they are coming in on a sky box does not mean its not an LNB problem. The oscillator on the lnb may be out of tolerance and the sky boxes are much more forgiving of this . Snaps suggestion is a good option to try

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

Is there a DECT phone nearby. Pick TV, Sony TV and Sony Movies suffers with interference from DECT phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭MenloPete

That reminds me... I had trouble finding this on my Ariva.
    It shows up on 12168 V 27500, whereas Lyngsat et al say it is 12207

Is this a quirk of the Ariva?

• Advertisement

MenloPete wrote: »

will try that tonight.. the other trick of changing the frequencey by .005 didnt work ( no dect phone nearby either.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭givecredit

MenloPete wrote: »

If this fails, why dont you do a blindscan on all FTA channels. I have tuned Pick Tv into 3 arivas with no problem. One other ariva I cannot tune in Pick TV unless i switch off the DECT phone nearby.

no success with either boxes in both houses. still showing signal level 40% quality 10% and even turned off the dect phones just to be sure..... ah well will just have to do without pick tv..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,529 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

I vaguely remember hearing of this fault before a few years back. It turned out to be a error in the LNB settings. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable here can elaborate.
    Mine (different make of box) is set as Universal 9.750/10.600

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

Didnt know I could get Challenge Tv and +1 or Pick TV and its +1 until I read this thread. Added Four7 this evening as well.
    Any other channels worth adding for general entertainment.

Have all the main UK's, All the kids, News, Music but just wondering if there is any others worth adding. Any input appreciated

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I did tune up an Ariva 120 the other day, and that's exactly the issue I found. The LO setting was wrong with 10.700 instead of 10.600 for some strange reason.

It was a new box, and the only reason I found it is because I was searching for Sky News which didn't scan in.

WRT the new FW update, what changes have been made to the "numbers" - have they been made bigger? It's a bugbear I have with some combos, including the Triax, whereby people find it hard to see the small numbers onscreen when tapping in the numbers manually.

Yea, Byte, they are much bigger and are in a four digit format, with the yellow progress bar now between Now and Next.Nothing of any real value like updating the transponders on Astra 1N:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭micks_address

Hi did you get sky news scanned in? I couldn't find it on my aunt's ariva yet everything else tuned fine. Also has anyone had an issue with the remote not working?
    byte wrote: »
    I did tune up an Ariva 120 the other day, and that's exactly the issue I found. The LO setting was wrong with 10.700 instead of 10.600 for some strange reason.

It was a new box, and the only reason I found it is because I was searching for Sky News which didn't scan in.

WRT the new FW update, what changes have been made to the "numbers" - have they been made bigger? It's a bugbear I have with some combos, including the Triax, whereby people find it hard to see the small numbers onscreen when tapping in the numbers manually.

byte wrote: »

what is the LO setting? (what does it mean) can i change that to see if they can be received?

• Advertisement

what is the LO setting? (what does it mean) can i change that to see if they can be received?

LO = Local oscillator, basicially its part of the LNB function to down convert the high frequency satellite broadcast to a lower . frequency that can be carried by the coax cable . Its worth checking as Byte as pointed out.

Advertisement