Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Head unit install

• 05-04-2015 5:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hey guys.

I have got myself a 2007 civic hatchback recently. As the stock unit sounds horrible, I have decided to install an after market double din.

I have got myself a pioneer app radio 4 from halfords. Was told i needed a fascia that would cost another 350 euros. Have been reading about audio installs and watching youtube videos with a view to having a go at it myself.

I have now sourced a honda genuine fascia and the cables that come with it from impulse car. Mistakenly, I ordered an alpine patch lead rather than a pioneer.

Would appreciate if someone could help me with finding a pioneer patch lead or a good installer in limerick area who would have the lead and could, preferably do the whole job. I have read previous posts here about the same query but those are more than a year old. I know i could order the patch lead but its a long weekend and I want to get this job over with before I am back to work. Will appreciate you guys help.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I know people knock them but Halfords may well have the lead you need and should have trained fitters to install it.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭kayser

mik_da_man wrote: »
    I know people knock them but Halfords may well have the lead you need and should have trained fitters to install it.

I have been thinking of getting back to them tomorrow for an install. Hope they will do it now as I bought the head unit from them.

cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

€350! For a facia adaptor?! Have a look here for an adaptor. Fitting isn't too difficult, you may need to swap the red and yellow wires over

• Registered Users Posts: 73,379 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If it's a hatchback it's an absolute pig of a job to do.

You might want to look at better speakers.

bennyx_o wrote: »
    €350! For a facia adaptor?! Have a look for an adaptor. Fitting isn't too difficult, you may need to swap the red and yellow wires over

It was a genuine Honda complete kit for installing an aftermarket head unit, including wires and stuff. The one on caraudiosecurity is a replica and a little bluish for my taste.

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »
    If it's a hatchback it's an absolute pig of a job to do.

You might want to look at better speakers.

Took me six hours to do the job, well partially. Have installed the fascia, with my double din in the cage that came with the fascia as the pioneer one doesnt fit. The unit can be pulled out of the dash along with the cage. I guess there is something seriously wrong i did there.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,379 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

What's actually holding the cage onto the dash now?

Just a bit of tight fitting. If I pull it out the unit comes out along with the cage. Well, just found out that I missed a step in the installation manual. It says to push out certain flaps of metal so the cage gets secured to the fascia. Will do that first thing in the morning.

Now waiting for steering wheel controls patch lead then i will be set.

Advertisement