Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chip Shops Derry

• 21-01-2014 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Looking for decent Chip Shop in Derry. Basically an alternative to Wheelers as in there far too often and need new option. Wheelers ideal as it has plenty of seating. Can't think anywhere else that serves up decent bit of grub and has seating area. Have kids so seating and availability of High Chairs needed.
    McGinleys on Buncrana Rd maybe? I know likes of Bridies is an excellent Chipper but take away only.
    Any ideas? Preferably Cityside as well.
    Pity no Harrys Ramsdens or Bishops in Derry. Bishops in Belfast best Fish and Chipper i've been in. Also likes of Leo Burdocks in Dublin quality. Nothing like that anywhere in North West.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Only place I can really think of is Frankie Ramsays, aka Caife Grianán, on William St. McGinley's is ok, I went there for lunch when I was at school the odd time but it's not the best. There's also Doherty's Cafe in Bridgend but it's not got great reviews on Trip Advisor.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Aquagakka

Fiorentini's?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,914 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

+1 for Fiorentini's, nice old style chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭InishGael

Tried McGinleys last night - good big portions but was OK. Passed Fiorentini's loads of times but never been in. What time do they open to anyone know?
    Still think for City of Derrys size, missing a quality Sit in Chipper. Wheelers have monopoly unless you're a McDonalds or KFC fan. Another place with plenty seating serving quality Fish & Chips would make a fortune.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Forgot about Fiorentinis. Not sure if it's open too late though, it's more of a daytime cafe but they do good fish and chips.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

Is that cafe above Sugar still open in Shipquay St(used to be called Marlenes years ago)? been ages since I've been near it admittedly.

Marleens no longer there afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭guttenberg

I knew she left years ago but was under the impression someone else had taken over the running for a while. Maybe not.

Maybe you're right, been a long time since I socialized around there, so I may be wrong. I always thought her premises was no part of the Poolworks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Brendans on stanleys walk (Beside Celtic Park) is a good chipper, deliver too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭failinis

Fiorentini's is a nice place if your thinking of taking your kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,895 ✭✭✭circadian

Fiorentini's for sit in, Glen chippy for takeaway.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 fanta c

Fiorentinis....

The various Bridie's around the town are always said to be good chippers.

Advertisement