Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

E-Cigarettes - The original thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭dubguy45

Could some experienced e smoker possibly tell me how many drags you may expect to get from 9 drops of e-liquid in a cartridge.
    Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭puttputt

dubguy45 wrote: »
    Could some experienced e smoker possibly tell me how many drags you may expect to get from 9 drops of e-liquid in a cartridge.
    Thanks.

That's a difficult one to answer as I guess it would depend a lot on the device you are using.

FWIW I get about 15 drags from 2 to 3 drops when direct dripping on my ego

puttputt wrote: »
    That's a difficult one to answer as I guess it would depend a lot on the device you are using.

FWIW I get about 15 drags from 2 to 3 drops when direct dripping on my ego

Thanks for the reply. I know its not possible to be definitive but needed a rough idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Nonamigo

Just counted: I'm getting 10 good drags from 2 drops when dripping. Don't know about the cartridges tho.
    Has anybody tried flavorings from www.flavourartexpress.biz for diy? Are they ok? Is ok to mix their "ice blade" nicotine base 36mg with PG to get 12 mg liquid and then add some VG and flavorings? Just want to mix my own juice and not sure yet what should I mix....
    Btw has anybody tried thei vape wizard? Is it worth a try?

Nonamigo wrote: »
    Just counted: I'm getting 10 good drags from 2 drops when dripping. Don't know about the cartridges tho.
    Has anybody tried flavorings from www.flavourartexpress.biz for diy? Are they ok? Is ok to mix their "ice blade" nicotine base 36mg with PG to get 12 mg liquid and then add some VG and flavorings? Just want to mix my own juice and not sure yet what should I mix....
    Btw has anybody tried thei vape wizard? Is it worth a try?

Thanks. So that would mean approx 50 drags from 9 drops. 9 drops fill the Jasper cartridge and thats what I got last night. The guy on utube suggests im using it wrong but if anyone gets 180 odd drags from a Jasper cartridge please let me know.

• Advertisement

Thanks. So that would mean approx 50 drags from 9 drops. 9 drops fill the Jasper cartridge and thats what I got last night. The guy on utube suggests im using it wrong but if anyone gets 180 odd drags from a Jasper cartridge please let me know.

From what I've read the majority of people seem to end up using around 2 to 3 mls of juice per day. Most ex smokers being 20 to 30 a day users.

Given 20 drops per ml that would be somewhere between 40 to 60 drops per day. The claim of 180 drags from 9 drops just seems ridiculous to me, exaggerated claims won't help vendors or users.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

You can get 180 drags. They just have to be very tiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭TheQueen

Anybody used the intellicig or any feedback on it?
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

TheQueen wrote: »
    Thanks

Never tried it ,It does look like a lot of the sub standard rubbish thats on the market.The ones that look like cigarettes are usually rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭cc-offe

nesf wrote: »
    You can get 180 drags. They just have to be very tiny.

In the youtube video the guy is using a pre filled Jasper & Jasper and he gets 196 drags with loads of vapor right till the end, definitely not possible with the Jasper.

• Advertisement

cc-offe wrote: »
    In the youtube video the guy is using a pre filled Jasper & Jasper and he gets 196 drags with loads of vapor right till the end, definitely not possible with the Jasper.

The youtube videos are misleading ,When I started with e-cigs I bought the highly acclaimed DSE-801 and the guy in the video got huge vape off it and right till the end of a pre filled cart.The reality was very different and I wasted 60 euros on it and pre filled carts.If its the same guy im thinking of he's in all the videos promoting every kind of e-cig

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,806 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

TheQueen wrote: »
    Thanks

I have tried their liquid which is pretty tastless and boring. As a supplier they went against all other suppliers in choosing to push the UK Government for a medicalised environment selling e-cigs. They have been pinning their hopes on being the only company allowed to sell e-cigs if restrictive legislation comes in so on UK Vapers, for example, they are very unpopular. I personally won't buy from them again on that basis.

mewso wrote: »
    I have tried their liquid which is pretty tastless and boring. As a supplier they went against all other suppliers in choosing to push the UK Government for a medicalised environment selling e-cigs. They have been pinning their hopes on being the only company allowed to sell e-cigs if restrictive legislation comes in so on UK Vapers, for example, they are very unpopular. I personally won't buy from them again on that basis.

That's terrible if it happens.I would buy nothing off them based on that alone.

chemist out of the 18mg cartridges for J&J so had to get the 11mg, hope my eGo arrives tomorrow

cc-offe wrote: »
    chemist out of the 18mg cartridges for J&J so had to get the 11mg, hope my eGo arrives tomorrow

Wait till you see the difference with the eGo ,it's something else.Im sitting here vaping one with a mega atomiser and battery.Major vape with every drag:pac:

Wait till you see the difference with the eGo ,it's something else.Im sitting here vaping one with a mega atomiser and battery.Major vape with every drag:pac:

I can't wait to get it getting a bit frustrated now and I can only imagine what i'll be like later after the weaker cartridges,
    I think i'll walk to post office in morning because the postman is there at 9 but doesn't deliver our post til after 2:mad: and I want to get vaping straight away:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Yeah a bad e-cig can put people off.I would recommend the Joye eGo ,I have three of them and they are robust and excellent for vape.Big long drags each time.I would also recommend buying liquid and just drip onto the filler inside the cartridge.liquids ,menthol is very good

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

That cig is smaller looking than the one I have.Mine is about the thickness of a cigar and isn't a starter kit.Im not mad on tobacco flavours although some people are.liberty flights tobacco liquid is meant to be one of the best tobacco liquids around.I have ordered some of their other flavours which I hope to get tomorrow.1 30mil bottle lasts me 1 week.I used to smoke 20 blue per day.I haven't smoked in months

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭jackie1974

I can't believe i'v never heard of these before, my sister showed me this thread and I ordered the Joye eGo starter pack last Thurs so hoping to have it tomorrow or Tues. I smoke around 3 cigs on a normal day but on a night out or when I have a drink I could easily smoke 20-30 so my lungs are feeling pretty ****ty after the christmas season. Thanks for this thread, really informative and a life saver if it works out for me :)

jackie1974 wrote: »
    I can't believe i'v never heard of these before, my sister showed me this thread and I ordered the Joye eGo starter pack last Thurs so hoping to have it tomorrow or Tues. I smoke around 3 cigs on a normal day but on a night out or when I have a drink I could easily smoke 20-30 so my lungs are feeling pretty ****ty after the christmas season. Thanks for this thread, really informative and a life saver if it works out for me :)

Get yourself some liquids and just refill the pre filled carts you'll be suprised how good it is

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,806 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

The difference is in the battery only. The eGo is no different to any 510 pack except for a battery that lasts most of the day whereas the one you link to there has a battery that will only last a couple of hours.

Is this kit and supplier ok. Bigger batteries included.
    Thanks.

http://www.electronic-cigarette.ie/index.php?products=product&prod_id=56

Is this kit and supplier ok. Bigger batteries included.
    Thanks.

http://www.electronic-cigarette.ie/index.php?products=product&prod_id=56

That's the one alright.go and get it:pac: Thats a good deal too

That's the one alright.go and get it:pac: Thats a good deal too
    But before you get it read my post about this place a couple of pages back...

But before you get it read my post about this place a couple of pages back...

The shop? linky

edit:Saw your post.I bought my mega eGo from the vapourstore and never had issues

Thanks for both comments, I will check.

Yeah I got my ego from thevapourstore too. But joye 510 I got off that shop. Both batteries died just after a couple of days. So I'd be very carefull buying from them. Maybe it was just a bad luck tho.

• Advertisement

Yeah I got my ego from thevapourstore too. But joye 510 I got off that shop. Both batteries died just after a couple of days. So I'd be very carefull buying from them. Maybe it was just a bad luck tho.

You didn't by any chance charge the regular 510 batteries in the eGo charger?

Advertisement