Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Minecraft - laptop/ convertible tablet? Which?

• 27-10-2015 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi all,

DD (9) would like a laptop for Christmas to play Minecraft (just recently introduced to it & loves it). I don't mind getting her a laptop as she will also use it to practice touch typing & for project work that will start in the new year.

However, my issue is it seems you need a pretty €€€ laptop to play Minecraft on, am I right??

I know a desktop pc would make more sense (and be cheaper) but unfortunately that's not an option.

There is the Minecraft pocket version, but she wants to play with a friend, which i don't believe is possible with the pocket version?

My head is hurting at this stage so any advice would be much appreciated! Thank you :)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

You don't really need a fancy expensive laptop to play normal, vanilla minecraft. I spent many happy hours playing on a laptop that cost about 500 euro 3 years ago. You would get away with one cheaper than that these days.

Here are the system requirements (basic and recommended) - https://help.mojang.com/customer/en/portal/articles/325948-minecraft-system-requirements

I believe there are minecraft pocket edition multiplayer servers, but I have never played the pocket edition myself. People playing on the pocket edition cannot play with people using the PC version, so if her friend has the PC version then she will also need it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 littlebee

That is very helpful, thank you :)

Advertisement