Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Photoshop Or Illustrator

Options
  • 19-04-2014 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

Just messing about with some ideas and was wondering what do people tend to use when their designing.

Illustrator I find easy to use when working with flat design because of how easily you can make shapes with it.

Photoshop is easier to work with layers and such to design templates and draw out ideas.

What does everyone else tend to use? :)

Photoshop Or Illustrator? 5 votes

Photoshop
    0% 0 votes
    Illustrator
    100% 5 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Judge Mental

I much prefer to work with Illustrator when it comes to wire framing, mockups and general design elements - it's faster and I feel I've much more control. If it's going to be an image-heavy layout however I'll likely built it up in Photoshop (I dunno is it just me but I think importing images into Illustrator is sacrilegious).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

Fireworks for me, IMHO its faster to work with vector based web objects than Illustrator, handles gradients in a more intuitive and faster way than PS and the layering is just "nicer".

I find I only use PS now for photoshop exclusive features like color replacement, or content aware fills. Clone stamp and magic wand is bucket loads better in PS so I mainly just use it for high quality photo editing for use within sites, although FW still handles 90% of what I'd normally need to edit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

They're two different tools for two different types of work. Illustrator for vector-based artwork, and Photoshop for raster (normally) images. So it depends on the work really. Designing artwork, wireframing, icons etc. I'd use Illustrator, and for editing images, touching up files exported from Illustrator as image files, I'd use Photoshop.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

*cough* Sketch *cough*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

miralize wrote: »
    *cough* Sketch *cough*

After the sketching stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

bohemiancoding.com/sketch/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭off.the.walls

miralize wrote: »
    bohemiancoding.com/sketch/