Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Saudi Arabia

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,030 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

JFitzgerald,

Any news on the job?

smurfjed

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭JFitzgerald

smurfjed wrote: »
    JFitzgerald,

Any news on the job?

smurfjed

I didn't get it. They waited long enough to tell me, too. :rolleyes:
    Saudi is off the menu for me, so.
    Oh well.
    Thanks for asking, though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭lledlledlled

aridion wrote: »
    Just had the Qatar interview. They are offering 10,020 QR (2 088 euros) salary with accommodation and flights. So it ain't the best, but not so bad as it is tax free, and it is my first job abroad after doing the PGCE. They will get back to me in under a week.
    I have taken your advice LW and send my stuff off to the Saudi School. I just like the idea of coming out of Saudi at the end of my 1 year contract with around 20,000 euros banked (maybe even more).

Hi,

Hope everything is going well for you in Saudi.

Myself & my wife are considering looking for work abroad and are comparing various countries/regions. She is a Primary School Teacher and will have one year's experience completed in June 2013.

From job advertisements we've seen regarding the Middle East, they seem to want teachers who have experience in teaching the British curriculum. With one year's experience of the Irish curriculum only, is it likely that my wife will find employment?

There are job possibilities for me in Qatar so we were thinking of looking there first.

Would really appreciate some advice. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Limerick west

Hi,

Hope everything is going well for you in Saudi.

Myself & my wife are considering looking for work abroad and are comparing various countries/regions. She is a Primary School Teacher and will have one year's experience completed in June 2013.

From job advertisements we've seen regarding the Middle East, they seem to want teachers who have experience in teaching the British curriculum. With one year's experience of the Irish curriculum only, is it likely that my wife will find employment?

There are job possibilities for me in Qatar so we were thinking of looking there first.

Would really appreciate some advice. Thanks.

It is simply about networking in Saudi and using work contact to find job for the other partner. Threr is website called bayt and other similar recruiting agencies who attract expats to Saudi.

here is one add from bayt.

http://m.bayt.com/en/mobile-job/?xid=1865339

by the way even if they required higher qualifications no bother from sending your cv as they might has something in hand.

I think finding job as English teacher is not difficult however, finding the good one is difficult. You need to study your future employer becuase many emplyloyers are blood suckers and do not provide appropriate income and allowances and you will be wasting time and money as result.

consider the accomodation cost and transportaion because high salary is not enough in some cases.

good luck with your plan

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Bunny101

I know I'm a bit late for this party but I'm thinking of going to work in the Princess Noura University in Riyadh.

Can anyone advise me on a few things?

What are the compounds like?

Have any of you lived on Princess Nora University compound?

What is the money like for 25 hours teaching a week?

Is it really boring?

Thanks in advance everyone:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 videos

I havea good mate who is heading to Riyadh for a year or longer, leaving at the end of the month. I was going to set up him up with an Ipad so he can Skype back home to his family, but I heard somewhere that this service (Skype particularly) is blocked out there - anybody got any information on that, and if true, what options might be avialable? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,030 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Skype works but they might have problems accessing the Skype.com page, there are no problems with viber, whats app, iMessage, FaceTime.

Strongly suggest getting them a good VPN :)

Advertisement