Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

work in spain

• 28-03-2015 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi guys my wife and I are looking to work in spain over the summer does anyone know where to contact for work and accommodation many thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭star gazer

<Mod> Moved from Volunteerism

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

johnmanino wrote: »
    Hi guys my wife and I are looking to work in spain over the summer does anyone know where to contact for work and accommodation many thanks

??
    What type of work did you have in mind any particular region and can you speak Spanish.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 johnmanino

K.Flyer wrote: »
    ??
    What type of work did you have in mind any particular region and can you speak Spanish.

Im looking for bar work can bspeek some Spanish and looking for the costal del sol aera

Im looking for bar work can bspeek some Spanish and looking for the costal del sol aera

First off the un-employment rate of young people is way higher than it is here and during the off-season more so, which means that there is usually a lenghty local que already formed.
    Seasonal bar work in Spain tends to first go to family and friends then freinds of etc etc. So you would be fairly lucky just landing and both of you getting jobs in bar work. There are no Agencies for this type of work that I am aware off so unless you know someone in the area who can put a word in for you then your chances are slim.
    What plans do you have for food and accommodation? Bar wages are not particularly high, on the contrary, and accommodation prices in the Costas shoots up during the holiday season.

First off the un-employment rate of young people is way higher than it is here and during the off-season more so, which means that there is usually a lenghty local que already formed.
    Seasonal bar work in Spain tends to first go to family and friends then freinds of etc etc. So you would be fairly lucky just landing and both of you getting jobs in bar work. There are no Agencies for this type of work that I am aware off so unless you know someone in the area who can put a word in for you then your chances are slim.
    What plans do you have for food and accommodation? Bar wages are not particularly high, on the contrary, and accommodation prices in the Costas shoots up during the holiday season.

Great thanks a million for your information we might go to lanzorate for work as we have friends living their thanks again

• Advertisement

Great thanks a million for your information we might go to lanzorate for work as we have friends living their thanks again

With friends in the area they can help find out what opportunities might be there for you and they can try to find cheap accommodation that fits the budget.
    If I can give you one piece of advice is to have a contingency plan in place if things are not working out e.g. a flexible return flight ticket that can be changed without to much of a fee attached.
    And set yourselves a baseline financial figure that if your finances drop down to that level its time to bail and head home.
    Best of luck.

Advertisement