Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Create a app

• 16-05-2014 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hi. Can anyone help. I'm thinking of creating a app. Can anyone help me and put me in the right direction.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Hi. Can anyone help. I'm thinking of creating a app. Can anyone help me and put me in the right direction.
    Start here.

Seriously. You've just asked the most generic and open-ended question that is possible. You've not even explained if you want to create an app because you want to learn how to make them or because you have an app idea for a business. So it's literally impossible to to answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Mikeyshragh

I have a app idea for a business.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Are you planning to write the app yourself or pay someone to develop it for you?

What research have you done so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Mikeyshragh

I just came up with a idea that I think would be good for a app. I was wondering what would I have to do

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

I think The Corinthians advice is probably your best starting point

Go to google.com and search:

I have an idea for an app where do I start

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,455 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Read this entire thread. Then come back

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, and dark mode). Now available through the extension stores

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Gazzmonkey

An app to run on what platform?

I could probably help if it's for an android or windows device but not if it's for ios.

As stated above, your question is too vague.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

I just came up with a idea that I think would be good for a app. I was wondering what would I have to do
    Research this on your own first before seeking advice from others.

Google how people have published their own apps in the past - there's no shortage of sources. Learn about the mobile landscape, the operating systems and ecosystems - their market shares both in terms of devices and revenues. How they developed them, or if you're not a developer, how they went about outsourcing the work. Research your market - just because it's a good idea (in your opinion) doesn't mean it'll make money. Once you've done that you're in a much better position to ask pertinent questions that are not so easily found on the Web.

If you don't, you're just wasting our time and using up bandwidth. And no one's going to seriously waste their time playing 20 questions with you, trying to figure out what your question is in the first place, not least of all because if they have to, it was because you were too lazy to make even the most basic first step without someone to do it for you.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, but that's how your vague approach comes across.

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Gazzmonkey

Research this on your own first before seeking advice from others.

Google how people have published their own apps in the past - there's no shortage of sources. Learn about the mobile landscape, the operating systems and ecosystems - their market shares both in terms of devices and revenues. How they developed them, or if you're not a developer, how they went about outsourcing the work. Research your market - just because it's a good idea (in your opinion) doesn't mean it'll make money. Once you've done that you're in a much better position to ask pertinent questions that are not so easily found on the Web.

If you don't, you're just wasting our time and using up bandwidth. And no one's going to seriously waste their time playing 20 questions with you, trying to figure out what your question is in the first place, not least of all because if they have to, it was because you were too lazy to make even the most basic first step without someone to do it for you.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, but that's how your vague approach comes across.

My first assumption was that he wanted to learn, maybe not!

Advertisement