Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Games you're looking forward to in 2011!

• 15-12-2010 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭Elessar

Right, to help me keep track with all the new releases coming up in 2011 I've put together a short list (in no particular order) - what are you looking forward to?

1. Uncharted 3
    2. Mass Effect 3
    3. Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    4. Portal 2
    5. LA Noire
    6. Gears of War 3
    7. Max Payne 3

The first three are being released within a short time of each other. 2011 is shaping up to be an epic year for gaming!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

There's too many to name...but i'll give it a go.

Star Wars: The Old Republic, Guild Wars 2, Mass Effect 3, Elder Scrolls 5, Portal 2, Dead Space 2, Dragon Age 2, Shogun 2, Deus Ex 3, The Witcher 2, Rage, The Last Guardian (hopefully), Diablo 3 and many many others. Man, sequel city.

Oh, and Ico/Shadow of the Colossus HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Little Big Planet 2
    Star Wars: The Old Republic
    Portal 2
    ME 3
    Elder Scrolls 5
    Gears 3

and more

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Diablo III is out in 2011 right?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Portal 2
    Uncharted 3
    Killzone 3
    Little Big Planet 2
    Resistance 3
    Ico/Shadow of the Colossus HD.

All series linked but they are awesome....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

mayordenis wrote: »
    Diablo III is out in 2011 right?

It better be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,444 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Portal 2, Dead Space 2 and The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword.

Really curious about Duke Nukem Forever too....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

In no particular order

Portal 2
    Dead Space 2
    Batman: Arkum City
    Crysis 2
    Deus Ex: Human revolutions
    LA Noir
    Rage
    ME3 (If I can get finished with ME2 in the meantime :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭death1234567

Portal 2
    ME 3
    Batman: Arkum City
    Diablo III
    Deus Ex: Human revolutions

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Mass effect 3
    the new elder scrolls game
    Diablo 3
    the new shogun game
    deus ex

Damn cant think of anything else

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I'm a little wary of getting excited about upcoming games, because I know that it's turned out badly before. But there's such a selection that's coming up, it's hard not to want them now.

I'm most excited about:
    Elder Scrolls 5
    Hitman 5
    Uncharted 3
    Batman: Arkham City
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution
    and LA Noire.

I'm cautiously optomistic about:
    Mass Effect 3
    Omikron 2
    Thief 4
    A possible release of Doom 4
    A rumoured
    and Max Payne 3

I'm worried about:
    Star Wars: Old Republic - because it really seems like a re-skin of WoW
    DC Universe Online - because opinions of the Beta haven't been great.

and I was formerly excited about Rage, but after seeing it demo'd, it really just doesn't look like anything special anymore.

edit: Just noticed that there's not a lot of originals on my list. I must be selling out in my old age.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,927 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Elder Scrolls 5
    Mass Effect 3
    Diablo 3
    Dragon Age 2
    Crysis 2
    Brink
    Portal 2
    Deus Ex Human Revolution
    The Witcher 2
    Hitman 5
    LA Noire
    Possible new GTA(I'm going to be hopeful)
    Star Wars:The Old Republic
    Shogun 2

Going to be an awesome year.Be pretty expensive though,will build a new desktop to play most of them on PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,199 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Portal 2
    Batman Arkham City
    Metal Gear Solid Rising (if it's out next year)
    Devil May Cry (Reboot of the series, if it's out next year)
    Uncharted 3
    Hitman 5 (if... etc)
    And hopefully a new Assassins Creed game

Other than that, I'm hoping to pick up some games I missed out on this year and replaying some others in my collection that I haven't played in a while

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

Uncharted 3
    Little Big Planet 2
    Killzone 3
    LA Noire
    Resistance 3

Elder Scrolls 5
    Deus Ex: HR :p
    Diablo 3
    I'm under the impression there is a new Torchlight out, or i could be cracking up.
    Brink (cant believe nobody mentioned this)
    Rage

I was looking forward to The Old Republic, but the more I see of it, the more meh it gets. It looks really generic. But I'm still hoping it will be brilliant, if nothing new as I had hoped.

Also cannot believe what EA are doing to SSX so disappointed in that, I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭BeansBeans

Uncharted 3
    Little Big Planet 2
    Killzone 3
    LA Noire
    Resistance 3

Elder Scrolls 5
    Deus Ex: HR :p
    Diablo 3
    I'm under the impression there is a new Torchlight out, or i could be cracking up.
    Brink (cant believe nobody mentioned this (edit: they have, I'm blind.))
    Rage

I was looking forward to The Old Republic, but the more I see of it, the more meh it gets. It looks really generic. But I'm still hoping it will be brilliant, if nothing new as I had hoped.

Also cannot believe what EA are doing to SSX so disappointed in that, I am.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

BULLETSTORM! Definitely most excited about this. It'll be just so nice to have a silly and fun FPS to play again.
    Portal 2 (you'd have to be some manner of sick pervert to not be excited at the prospect of more Portal).
    Star Wars: The Old Republic - I don't play MMOs, but I played a pre alpha build of this for 6 hours at a media event and was completely hooked.
    Arkham City - Asylum was definitely in contention for GOTY for me for 2009
    LA Noire - looks quite interesting and my faith in Rockstar has been restored with Red Dead Redemption

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Mortal Kombat. If it sucks I just give up on even being remotely excited about game releases

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Littlebigplanet 2
    KillZone 3
    Team Ico Collection
    Uncharted 3
    Gears 3
    Forza 4
    Bulletstorm
    Deus Ex:HR
    LA Noire
    Crysis 2
    Batman:AC
    Mass Effect 3
    There are other games i'm keeping my eye on & i'm definetly buying the Nintendo3DS but don't know any confirmed 2011 releases on it.I'd put in Elder Scrolls V but I think it'll slip to 2012.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Forgot about brink and l.a noire :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,199 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Oh yeah, forgot about Gears of War 3 and Shadow of the Collosus HD. Never played SOTC but been assured by many people of how brilliant it is.

I wonder is there a red redemption 2 on the way?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Rage
    Diablo 3
    Bioshock Infinate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Uncharted 3
    Mortal Kombat :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Storm of War : The Battle of Britain
    Dead Space 2
    Aliens Colonial Marines ( fingers crossed it's not dead)
    Team Ico Collection
    Uncharted 3
    Deus Ex:HR
    Mass Effect 3

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

http://kotaku.com/5713070/this-is-what-2011s-year-in-games-looks-like-now
    (Note: The following release dates and release windows are for North America.)

Q1 2011 (Winter)

The first quarter of the year—the new fourth quarter of the year—is stuffed with great games for all tastes. Whether you like horror (Dead Space 2) or cuteness (LittleBigPlanet 2), there's a game with a "2" in the title for you this winter season. Don't be surprised if Nintendo 3DS details and even the release of the stereoscopic 3D device pop up here.

January
    1/4 - Lost In Shadow (Wii)
    1/11 - Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (DS)
    1/18 - LittleBigPlanet 2 (PS3), Mass Effect 2 (PS3)
    1/25 - Dead Space 2 (PC, PS3, Xbox 360)

February
    2/8 - Test Drive Unlimited 2 (PC, PS3, Xbox 360)
    2/15 - Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds (PS3, Xbox 360), Conduit 2 (Wii), LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars (DS, PC, PS3, Wii, Xbox 360)
    2/22 - Killzone 3 (PS3), Bulletstorm (PC, PS3, Xbox 360), de Blob 2 (PS3, Wii, Xbox 360)

March
    3/1 - Fight Night Champion (PS3, Xbox 360), The Sims Medieval (PC)
    3/8 - Dragon Age II (PC, PS3, Xbox 360), Homefront (PC, PS3, Xbox 360), MLB 2K11 (PC, PS3, Wii, Xbox 360)
    3/15 - Shogun 2: Total War (PC), Yakuza 4 (PS3), Okamiden (DS)
    3/22 - Crysis 2 (PC, PS3, Xbox 360), F.3.A.R. (PC, PS3, Xbox 360)
    3/29 - Darkspore (PC)

Also out by this point: Deus Ex: Human Revolution (PC, PS3, Xbox 360), DC Universe Online (PC, PS3), MotorStorm Apocalypse (PS3), Child of Eden (PS3, Xbox 360), The 3rd Birthday (PSP)

Q2 2011 (Spring)

Spring is solid. Good shooters, one potentially great fighting game, and what could be a flood of 3DS games are due now. Be mindful of your winter budget, because the second quarter of 2011 may surprise you.

April
    4/12 - Brink (PC, PS3, Xbox 360)
    4/19 - Portal 2 (PC, PS3, Xbox 360)
    TBD - Mortal Kombat (PS3, Xbox 360)

May
    5/10 - Hunted: The Demon's Forge (PC, PS3, Xbox 360)
    5/17 - The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings (PC)
    TBD - Red Faction Armageddon (PC, PS3, Xbox 360)

June
    (currently unoccupied)

Also out by this point: L.A. Noire (PS3, Xbox 360), ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection (PS3), Sorcery (PS3), Shift 2 Unleashed (PS3, Xbox 360), Pokemon Black & White (DS)

Q3 2011 (Summer)

Few video games have laid claim to the industry's slowest season, with the exception of big shooters Resistance 3 and Rage. Fortunately, summer will typically tide us over with great downloadable games and under the radar releases.

July
    (silence)

August
    TBD - Madden NFL 12 (TBD)

September
    9/6 - Resistance 3 (PS3)
    9/13 - Rage (PC, PS3, Xbox 360)

Also out by this point: Star Wars: The Old Republic (PC), Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine (PC, PS3, Xbox 360)

Q4 2011 (Fall/Holiday)

Here's where the calendar gets hairy. A few games have already carved out release dates for November, including Uncharted 3 and The Elder Scrolls V, but expect the same pre-holiday madness. Just look at the long list of blockbuster games with a vague Q4 release date at the bottom of this section.

October
    (strangely quiet)

November
    11/1 - Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (PS3)
    11/11 - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PC, PS3, Xbox 360)

December
    (don't expect much)

Also out by this point: Call of Duty (TBD), The Last Guardian (PS3), Mass Effect 3 (PC, PS3, Xbox 360), SSX: Deadly Descents (PS3, Xbox 360), Gears of War 3 (Xbox 360), Max Payne 3 (PC, PS3, Xbox 360), Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One (PS3), Batman: Arkham City (PC, PS3, Xbox 360), Forza Motorsport 4 (Xbox 360)

The Unknowns

There are plenty of video games slated for sometime in 2011, including PlayStation 3 games Infamous 2 and SOCOM 4, the we-don't-dare-date-it Duke Nukem Forever, Wii game Mario Sports Mix and Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, games that don't have solid release windows. When we get more concrete release dates on those, we'll update.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Portal 2. Don't really see anything else there that would be of interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Everyone has named games on my list already.

Mostly excited about Diablo 3 though. Please god let it be 2011. Knowing Blizzard its gonna be addictive as **** and im gonna wish i never bought it. I heard Muramasa and Odins Sphere are getting HD remakes and are gonna be downloadable. Which console is still to be revealed but id like to get them since i never played em and they looked interesting. Mortal Kombat also looks promising, but not expecting anything amazing. Tekken X SF and SF X Tekken also, but 2011 might be optimistic, for Tekken X SF atleast.

Also all the usual big hits with 2's and 3's after their title :rolleyes:
    Pixel Junk Shooter 2 is a defo download for me. Loves the first 100%'ed it so will pick this one up asap

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Killzone 3
    LA Noir
    Homefront
    Gears Of War 3
    Batman: Arkham City
    Star Wars: Old Republic

EDIT: Also wanna check out the new Tetris which will be available for download soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

Most of the games I am excited about have already been mentioned....though I did notice that most of the games seem to have a number beside them. Very little in terms of new IP coming about it would seem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Xluna

Dragon Quest 10, the new Zelda game, a load of 3DS games, King of the fighters 13, Marvel vs Capcom 3 and...I can't believe I'm saying this....the new Mortal Kombat game.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Xluna wrote: »
    Dragon Quest 10, the new Zelda game, a load of 3DS games, King of the fighters 13, Marvel vs Capcom 3 and...I can't believe I'm saying this....the new Mortal Kombat game.:pac:
    Don't feel any shame, sure finishing someone off with a combo is great but it doesn't have the sheer fun feeling of ripping someones head off....or what I'm really looking forward too....split leg bandsaw!!!

Advertisement