Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

March 2015 Babies Club

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

All good for me today.

Baby measuring 12 weeks and all good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

All good for me today.

Baby measuring 12 weeks and all good :)

Brilliant!! Delighted for you!! :-) :-) :-):-)

I have my 12 week scan next Thurs can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 E_M_K

Your pregnancy at scan is dated by size of baby.
    Unless there's a vast difference your due date will be calculated from 1st day last Period.

The nurse told me the date of your period is the guide if you are regular, I'm one of "those people" where it can't be used (40 day avg cycle) but she said all babies grow at the same rate up to week 12 mark so thats why they can date it more accurately then measuring the baby on screen & why most people go for their first scan at 12 week mark. I'm reading the Irish better birth book, recommended by a few friends & i'm finding it very informative. Planning on getting into the Domino scheme in Cork. (mid wife led unit)

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭yamiki

so, been an exciting few days! I had a little bit of spotting on Thursday evening, enough to freak me out... no cramping though, thankfully... so I went to my GP first thing yesterday morning, he said he couldn't do anything at his practice (he was very re-assuring and very good, but didn't sugarcoat anything - whatever happens, happens). He sent me to the early pregnancy unit at the hospital (lucky that I'm going where I'm going, as GWY would have a 2 week wait for a scan :o). So I booted it out to B'sloe, sat in the waiting room for about 45 mins and got my scan -
    thankfully all good with the baby, I could see the little heartbeat and everything, so happy. Measuring 10+6 when I'm 10+1. Felt the baby grow lots yesterday and today too (that lovely stretching feeling up along my sides), so it's all good, no further blood so far either. Hopefully it was just a little freak bleed.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭ainy

yamiki wrote:
    so, been an exciting few days! I had a little bit of spotting on Thursday evening, enough to freak me out... no cramping though, thankfully... so I went to my GP first thing yesterday morning, he said he couldn't do anything at his practice (he was very re-assuring and very good, but didn't sugarcoat anything - whatever happens, happens). He sent me to the early pregnancy unit at the hospital (lucky that I'm going where I'm going, as GWY would have a 2 week wait for a scan ). So I booted it out to B'sloe, sat in the waiting room for about 45 mins and got my scan - thankfully all good with the baby, I could see the little heartbeat and everything, so happy. Measuring 10+6 when I'm 10+1. Felt the baby grow lots yesterday and today too (that lovely stretching feeling up along my sides), so it's all good, no further blood so far either. Hopefully it was just a little freak bleed.

Aw delighted to hear all is well! hopefully was just a once off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 123Bean

Well I want to wait till the first scan if I can keep it quiet that long - will be 11.5 weeks then.

Only problem is I'm supposed to be going to Electric Picnic around the 10 week mark and there's no way I can lie my way out of not drinking at that so will probably have to spill the beans to one or two people then.

At the moment the only ones in the know are myself, himself, my GP and dentist!

Was just creeping through this thread, I'll be 12 weeks at EP. Just wondering if your camping or whats your plan? Its my 8th year so can't miss it, so excited but nervous of freezing all night!

Could not be feeling worse the last couple of days.......sickness, migrane, exhaustion..... I am fit for nothing but sleeping. It's the worst timing ever too as I have a big exam on Monday and have so much studying to so, but for the life of me can get nothing done :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ingrid84

Hello girls, Id love to join in, my baby is due 17th March, on St Patricks day :) only 10 weeks gone and I was in a hospital twice already, with hyperemises (severe wommiting) and after my gp prescribed Stemetil for morning sickness, had extremelly bad reaction to them, my facial muscles were twisting and turning, I thought I was having a stroke! So just a warning for the sensitive ladies, be careful with Stemetil..

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Cheese Princess

123Bean wrote: »
    Was just creeping through this thread, I'll be 12 weeks at EP. Just wondering if your camping or whats your plan? Its my 8th year so can't miss it, so excited but nervous of freezing all night!

Yeah I'm a bit nervous too. You know how normally you're drunk and can handle the rain, cold, toilets etc :D

My biggest worry is needing to pee in the middle of the night and falling over tent ropes on the way to the toilet. Will have to try camp slightly nearer to them than usual.

The plan so far is to camp on Friday night and see how it goes. If it's fine, we'll camp again on Saturday but if I can't handle it we're just going to drive back to Dublin Saturday night and come back down Sunday afternoon. Think I'll be bailing out on Sunday night either way. Cursing not getting a campervan now, it would have been perfect! Actually looked into local B&Bs but the prices were scandalous.

Same plan here, camp Fri and see how it goes for Sat. Def not camping Sunday! Last year I remember waking up the Monday morning so very sober and so very depressed thinking why did i put myself through an awful sleep when I have to travel today?? Silly mistake! I have bought thermal mens long johns and a long top vest, and two emergency foil blankets to keep warm! And an airbed of course... Thinking now I'll need waterproofs and wellies with this weather! Camp close to the toilets, but then you have the smell of them in the am with MS.. ugh! I just keep thinking everyone else will need to pee as much if not more than me with drinking so hoping i will have company for nightime toilet trips! VERY excited to spend all my money on the lovely foods there though!!

• Advertisement

Enjoy Electric picnic ladies! There is usually a quiet campsite, they're great for good sleeps or just go in a big van and sleep in the back of it, quietest of all. I was out with friends sat night till 3am, said we were trying for kids (they seemed to buy the idea!) so I only had one glass of wine. I was just v tired sunday, didn't eat properly & for the first time in this pregnancy I vomitted yesterday morning... so don't overdo it ladies. It catches up with you. Go for mid-day snoozes if you can so you can party for longer! Sleep is the key!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭baby_pebble

So had my first ante natal appointment today everything went great, turns out I got my dates wrong and will be 12 weeks tomorrow rather than next Monday so new due date is March 11th!

So had my first ante natal appointment today everything went great, turns out I got my dates wrong and will be 12 weeks tomorrow rather than next Monday so new due date is March 11th!

Congratulations! Delighted for you! I have my 12 week scan tomorrow

awe i'm so jealous of you both!! i'm 12 weeks tomorrow but dont have my appointment for another 2weeks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭baby_pebble

Thanks :) when I was there today and we realised the dates were off she said to go by the scan I had last week when I was admitted meaning I am 12 weeks tomorrow but she said then my due date would be march 11th, meaning I'm 12 weeks today! So think I'll stick with scan date which would make my due date march 12th! Typical of me to get it wrong! Also I was given the option to be referred to midwives clinic, what do ye think of this?

Thanks  when I was there today and we realised the dates were off she said to go by the scan I had last week when I was admitted meaning I am 12 weeks tomorrow but she said then my due date would be march 11th, meaning I'm 12 weeks today! So think I'll stick with scan date which would make my due date march 12th! Typical of me to get it wrong! Also I was given the option to be referred to midwives clinic, what do ye think of this?

well i'm gonna be in the midwifery led unit but cant really comment on how it is because haven't had my appointment yet!! few people I know have been in it and said its great and your appointment waiting times are very short!

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Cheese Princess

123Bean wrote: »
    Same plan here, camp Fri and see how it goes for Sat. Def not camping Sunday! Last year I remember waking up the Monday morning so very sober and so very depressed thinking why did i put myself through an awful sleep when I have to travel today?? Silly mistake! I have bought thermal mens long johns and a long top vest, and two emergency foil blankets to keep warm! And an airbed of course... Thinking now I'll need waterproofs and wellies with this weather! Camp close to the toilets, but then you have the smell of them in the am with MS.. ugh! I just keep thinking everyone else will need to pee as much if not more than me with drinking so hoping i will have company for nightime toilet trips! VERY excited to spend all my money on the lovely foods there though!!

How did you get on 123Bean?

Camping was fine in the end with the weather being better than I expected. No toilet queues either which was a relief! I had a great weekend. Had to tell a couple of close friends as I couldn't hide the not drinking - only annoying thing about that was when they got drunk and kept wanting to have deep and meaningful conversations about it while I just wanted to watch the bands :p

How did you get on 123Bean?

Camping was fine in the end with the weather being better than I expected. No toilet queues either which was a relief! I had a great weekend. Had to tell a couple of close friends as I couldn't hide the not drinking - only annoying thing about that was when they got drunk and kept wanting to have deep and meaningful conversations about it while I just wanted to watch the bands :p

I got on fine after! Was so cosy in the tent with my airbed and winter sleeping bags and thermal layers! Actually woe up too warm! Comfier than my bed at home! haha..
    I was wrecked come Sunday evening though, the walking realllly took it out of me! Went home about 11 as I was falling asleep at main stage! The food was amazing, any time i felt a tiny bit hungry I would just grab a warm cooked meal! Better than being home as cooing is turning my stomach! Also I didn't get sick once over the weekend then morning sickness came back yesterday eve... typical! must have been the fresh air! Slept all day today as well as yesterday, I may not have been drinking but the tiredness makes it feels like I have a hangover! haha! Great weekend though! Not sure if I will manage it next year with two littles so it was good to go and have a good weekend.

How is everyone getting on? I am still feeling exhausted and sick at 13 weeks, hopefully it passes soon....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭user2012

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    How is everyone getting on? I am still feeling exhausted and sick at 13 weeks, hopefully it passes soon....

Same as yourself kauto. Absolutely exhausted & have zero appetite due to severe nausea. I could easily get 8/9 hours unbroken sleep a night & wake up feeling like I got 10 minutes shut eye. I can't take iron due to sickness & my blood pressure is constantly low so it's extremely frustrating to say the least.
    My gp has told me to try iron tonics like floradix but the sight & smell of it is enough. I really can't drink it.
    Does anyone else have any recommendations on how to get iron into my system? Some articles recommend iron injections, is that a common thing or has anyone heard of it before? I feel I need a boost but I know I won't be able to achieve it with my diet or a tablet.

Unfortunately kauto you could well be sick for the duration of the pregnancy, I know I was horrendously sick the last time so fingers crossed you don't go through the same. Baby came out perfectly healthy but it took me a while to bounce back properly. I suppose the one good thing is that I didn't really have any weight to lose because I didn't get an opportunity to put any on! Silver lining & all that ha ha:)

• Advertisement

user2012 wrote: »
    Same as yourself kauto. Absolutely exhausted & have zero appetite due to severe nausea. I could easily get 8/9 hours unbroken sleep a night & wake up feeling like I got 10 minutes shut eye. I can't take iron due to sickness & my blood pressure is constantly low so it's extremely frustrating to say the least.
    My gp has told me to try iron tonics like floradix but the sight & smell of it is enough. I really can't drink it.
    Does anyone else have any recommendations on how to get iron into my system? Some articles recommend iron injections, is that a common thing or has anyone heard of it before? I feel I need a boost but I know I won't be able to achieve it with my diet or a tablet.

Unfortunately kauto you could well be sick for the duration of the pregnancy, I know I was horrendously sick the last time so fingers crossed you don't go through the same. Baby came out perfectly healthy but it took me a while to bounce back properly. I suppose the one good thing is that I didn't really have any weight to lose because I didn't get an opportunity to put any on! Silver lining & all that ha ha:)

I know that feeling, I could sleep for 10 hours at night, get up, have a bit of breakfast, get dressed, clean my teeth and then need to lie back down. I just have no energy at all.

Food-wise I know I'm not eating as well as I should but with the nausea it's so hard! I have hardly any appetite :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭user2012

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    I know that feeling, I could sleep for 10 hours at night, get up, have a bit of breakfast, get dressed, clean my teeth and then need to lie back down. I just have no energy at all.

Food-wise I know I'm not eating as well as I should but with the nausea it's so hard! I have hardly any appetite :-(

I know. I have great ideas of eating really well but in reality I'm doing extremely well if I manage a dry cream cracker or a slice of brown bread. I get so jealous of other women when they talk about cravings & eating non stop :(

Kauto0709 wrote:

13 weeks today, still one more week before our hospital appointment and then can finally tell everyone else! been very tired all the time, on my days off id get up about 9 have breakfast and watch some crap on telly then Aw 11 I need a nap!! no more sickness really but I do gag everytime I brush my teeth! finding it difficult to get comfy in bed now, dont know what i'l be like when I have a big bump!!

12 weeks today, woop woop! (by dates, that is - measuring 5 days bigger, according to a 10 week scan. Hmm)
    Telling the in-laws on Saturday, can't wait. My little girl turned one last week, and I just think it's so amazing that there's another one growing inside of me.
    Also, I've already got a bump going on! There's really no hiding this any longer! :D

ainy wrote: »
    finding it difficult to get comfy in bed now, dont know what i'l be like when I have a big bump!!

Get one of those pregnancy pillows - they look like a big snake, that snakes around your bump and bum. I have a sleep-genie, I think? That really helped me in my first pregnancy - and keeps you on your side, when you're not supposed to sleep on your back anymore. That said, sleeping on your back gets really uncomfortable anyway once the bump gets big.

yamiki wrote:
    Get one of those pregnancy pillows - they look like a big snake, that snakes around your bump and bum. I have a sleep-genie, I think? That really helped me in my first pregnancy - and keeps you on your side, when you're not supposed to sleep on your back anymore. That said, sleeping on your back gets really uncomfortable anyway once the bump gets big.

my sister offered me her one of those pillows, shes 36weeks now and she said she just doesn't use it anymore, I may take her up on it so!!

ainy wrote: »
    my sister offered me her one of those pillows, shes 36weeks now and she said she just doesn't use it anymore, I may take her up on it so!!

go for it. I must get mine down from the attic, my back is killing me (already :eek:?!)

3 weeks have passed & i'm going for my real 12 weeks scan today! All excited. Next week i've my obstetrics appointment in CUMH. I'm hoping to go on the Domino scheme with a Doula as I feel thats the best use of my maternity over going private that I can't really afford. Ive rediscovered penneys for cheap "hiding" clothes. Lovely low rise chino's for 13euros, you can't really go wrong, plenty of growth room in them too. I can't wait to make it official now! I wonder is Kate Middleton a March 2015 too ;-) she might join our board! lol.

E_M_K wrote:
    3 weeks have passed & i'm going for my real 12 weeks scan today! All excited. Next week i've my obstetrics appointment in CUMH. I'm hoping to go on the Domino scheme with a Doula as I feel thats the best use of my maternity over going private that I can't really afford. Ive rediscovered penneys for cheap "hiding" clothes. Lovely low rise chino's for 13euros, you can't really go wrong, plenty of growth room in them too. I can't wait to make it official now! I wonder is Kate Middleton a March 2015 too ;-) she might join our board! lol.

awe so exciting about the scan, have mine on Thursday, cant wait to be able to tell everyone else then! haven't bought any maternity clothes yet but got a bag of them off my sister, been living in maternity jeans and leggings for the last 2weeks or so!

think my nephew is tryin to sabotage my pregnancy :-P my sis thought he had slapped cheek syndrome yesterday and went Dr who rang temple street and asked and it could be it, so have to say it at my appointment on Thursday to get a blood test to see if i'm immune! and then today she texts to say he has the vomiting bug! fingers crossed I didn't catch either!!

• Advertisement

oh and was thinkin Kate Middleton probably April seeing as she is suffering mornin sickness, also una healy from the Saturdays announced shes pregnant too, might be more of a chance she could be on here!!

Advertisement