Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Holidays

• 26-08-2014 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi All,

I am 27 weeks pregnant and I am going on holidays to Turkey at the weekend! My midwife sees no problem and I just have to check with the airline now. Has anyone had any difficulty with airlines while pregnant?

Regards,

Debs

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

I have had no problem ever, but check the airlines website. You may need a letter from your doc to say it is safe to travel, or to download a form for doc to sign. However usually that is if you are over 32 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

Get a letter from your doc just to be on the safe side. I flew back to the states alone at 22 weeks and my hubby made a fuss trying to get me a better seat, so the check in attendant demanded to see a letter :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

Actually you know I just remembered something very akward about this. If you tell them you are pregnant or fill in the form and send it to them beforehand, you can't check in online!
    I had to stand in a queue for an hour to check in because I was 'special circumstances' or some rubbish. I was so annoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

I made great use of my passport and flew to quite a few places for weekend breaks right up until I was 32 weeks pregnant as you're advised not to fly after that time.

I mentioned it to my consultant who had no issues with it - I have had an entirely healthy trouble free pregnancy all along which did help.
    I got a letter from her to say that I was ok to fly but never mentioned it to the airlines at any stage. Nothing was said to me at any time but I was happy to have the letter with me as insurance.

I was advised to wear flight socks as pregnant women are at an increased risk of DVT, avoid stimulant drinks such as tea, coffee, etc, to drink lots of water and move about the cabin.

Advertisement