Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rock Band/Guitar Hero Drums Compatibility

Options
  • 17-01-2011 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭

So I have the band hero drums (which as far as I know are the same ones shipped with Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock) and according to this official rock band compatibility chart they should be compatible with the original rock band. But they're not! The game just thinks they're a standard controller.

Has anyone managed or even tried to use these drums with this game? And why would rock band/EA claim that they work when they don't??

Also is it possible to export downloaded content to Beatles Rock Band?

The background to all this is I bought an album for Rock Band and now I can't play it on drums, p***ed off cos it cost me 12 quid...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I'm guessing your on PS3 as mine work (xbox) no problem, I know there were issues with ps3 but I thought that got patched. Have you the latest title update, should update if you connect online and boot the game.

You can't import /export to beatles rb unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Moving this to the GHRB forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Sorry yeah it's for PS3 (really should have mentioned that!)

I've started the game while the ps3 is connected to the internet, should that be enough for it to automatically update or is there a manual way to update? I couldn't see anything in the options menu.

I bought this game on the cheap specifically to download this album (which cost more than the game) and play it on drums. I checked out the compatibility from the official RB website (see link in first post) and now it turns out they're not compatible?? What a joke:mad:

A definite answer from someone who has experience of this of whether it won't work or it will work but I have to do something would be great. Is there another way to play this DLC without spending even more money??

More speculative than definitive i guess http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185178&page=1

Not sure how ps3 updates, so not much help to you there, on xbox it dowloads them as soon as you launch the game.

In the past if i had trouble with patches I cleared the cache store of patches so all patches for every game were wiped from the console forcing it to download them again.

Is it something like the game data utility on ps3?

The link that they've given in that thread on the RB forum completely contradicts what that person is saying!:confused:

I'm guessing they released a patch for it but from what I can find out there haven't been any software updates released for RB1 in a long time (2008?).

Maybe deleting the game data for this game would force it to download the most up to date software version though, that's not a bad idea thanks.

If anyone else has actually gotten this to work I'd love to know...

Edit: is it possible to export DLC to Lego Rock Band? I've a feeling someone gave this as a present to my gf and it's at home in a press somewhere...

• Advertisement

Just a bump to this thread in an effort to find out if anyone has in fact successfully used ps3 band hero/GH:WOR drums with Rock Band 1...

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Check the sticky, it has a list of answers to the Frequently asked Questioned we get in here.

The FAQ doesn't have anything relating to my query? The compatibility table linked was made after GHWT...

One final question, if you have DLC for Rock Band 1 shoudl you be able to play it in lego rock band? I managed to export the normal rock band 1 songs into lego rock band but can't find the DLC I purchased. Any suggestions?

Lego is a yes with a but......

You can play dlc in lego but it has to pass the family friendly check, you probably will have noticed only a handful of rb1 songs show up in Lego.

Pop the name of your dlc in here to see if has the green 'ff' rating.

Hope it works for you , as you've not being having much luck with it.

Needless to say the Pantera album I bought does not pass the family friendly check, what a joke!!

Is there any way to bypass this filter?

So that's three of these games I now own and I still can't use the drums to play the album I bought:pac:

I guess I'm gona have to get RB2 so, at this rate I'll own every RB game there is (to go with my GH collection). I assume DLC from RB1 is fully playable in in RB2?? And the export key I bought for the RB1 songs allows me to play them in RB2 as well as lego RB?

On a different note has anyone gotten the real fender guitar for RB3? Looks interesting but I haven't seen any for sale in games shops or anything, you think they'd advertise it a bit more.

• Advertisement

Might as well got with RB3 at this stage all the previously exported songs and dlc will work, you wont have to pay again. Here's a though why not export all the songs and trade the games in ;)

Fender guitar not out till march I think, but it does look pretty nice.

That's not a bad idea but does every single song export? In GH only some do (usually the crappier ones too).

Doubt I'd get much for the original RB at this stage, cost me less than a tenner. Might get a bit for the lego one though, thanks.

Advertisement