Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fantasy Euro 2012

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

3 German defenders? thats high risk. Very few matches play out exactly how people have thought in this tournament, I dont expect that to change in the KO rounds

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Dempsey wrote: »
    3 German defenders? thats high risk. Very few matches play out exactly how people have thought in this tournament, I dont expect that to change in the KO rounds

True, but i'd find it hard to believe the Greeks could break down the German defense. Gets to the stage when you have to take a risk anyway...

manual_man wrote: »
    True, but i'd find it hard to believe the Greeks could break down the German defense. Gets to the stage when you have to take a risk anyway...

I do too but shít happens, they could catch Germany for a goal in a 4-1 defeat, they could catch Germany on a bad day etc. Early days to be deciding on 3 German defenders anyways

Lads do yellows carry over to the knockouts?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,494 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Yep but any single yellos are cleared after the qfs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭beglee

KevIRL wrote: »
    Yep but any single yellos are cleared after the qfs
    I know what you mean, but think you've worded it slightly confusingly by saying yep and then contradicting yourself :D

- If anyone gets a 2nd yellow in the 3rd group game, they are suspended for the quarter final.
    - But if you only have 1 yellow card from the group games, then that gets wiped out

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭RB100

Boatang or Pepe???

I have a strong feeling that pepe will score a header againts the Czech's. But will Germany keep a cleany? because Greece I think might snatch at least one goal. They have every other game

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Devia

I have 3 portuguese including C.Ronaldo yet the assistant manager claims Pilar will score the most points. Captaincy on him so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭swoody

i have 4 greeks.....recommended angela merkel to me!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Completely forgot about this for Matchday 2, and have now forgotten about it for the quarter finals -__-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

is a clean sheet just for the 90 mins? or if a goals conceded in extra time is the CS gone

darego wrote: »
    is a clean sheet just for the 90 mins? or if a goals conceded in extra time is the CS gone

extra time counts

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭themacman

how do i use my wildcard? ive done "make transfers" and am now on the screen with "confirm transfers", "change transfers", or "cancel transfers". Cant see a WC button

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

themacman wrote: »
    how do i use my wildcard? ive done "make transfers" and am now on the screen with "confirm transfers", "change transfers", or "cancel transfers". Cant see a WC button

Before you hit confirm transfers on the final confirm page one of the buttons beside it is Use Wildcard (think its red)

you have 8 free transfers for the semi finals. so unless you make 9 or more transfers then the wildcard button wont appear.

its hard to imagine the need for a wildcard beyond 8 transfers tbh
    only 4 free transfers before the final, so could be more useful then

beglee wrote: »
    you have 8 free transfers for the semi finals. so unless you make 9 or more transfers then the wildcard button wont appear.

its hard to imagine the need for a wildcard beyond 8 transfers tbh
    only 4 free transfers before the final, so could be more useful then

Thanks, that was the problem.

Yeah you're probably right but I'm a FPL purist and only arsing around on this game.

read the rules.....

swoody wrote: »
    read the rules.....

It says nothing about having to exceed free transfers before the wildcard button appears, tough guy. Try to be more helpful.

It says nothing about having to exceed free transfers before the wildcard button appears, tough guy. Try to be more helpful.
    it doesnt say wildcard because there is no wildcard available, you missed the boat.....!
    you got 1 wildcard in the group stages, again for the Quarters, 8 changes for the semis and 4 for the final.

the transfers are now open for the semis.....

Anytime wildcard?

• Advertisement

swoody wrote: »
    it doesnt say wildcard because there is no wildcard available, you missed the boat.....!
    you got 1 wildcard in the group stages, again for the Quarters, 8 changes for the semis and 4 for the final.

the transfers are now open for the semis.....
    you are wrong. if he didnt use his wildcard during the group stages, he can still use it for the semis or final if he wants

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Do you not get points for scoring penos in this???

• Registered Users Posts: 39,494 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Do you not get points for scoring penos in this???

Penalty shoot outs dont count obviously, would make the game a joke if they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭RB100

Yes..just seen that I am into the semi finals of the Boards H2H League. it was a close game but just edged it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭BKC

How to you qualify for the normal H2H cup?

I didn't make it. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,291 ✭✭✭✭8-10

BKC wrote: »
    How to you qualify for the normal H2H cup?

I didn't make it. :(

It's only the top 8 teams overall after the groups. Bit ridiculous really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Difficult enough (due to financial constraints) to get 15 players together who will all play in the semis. Looks like I might have at least one player in the team who will probably not play.

Happy enough with my team from the quarter finals, just trying to pick the best strikers for this round is causing me the biggest headache

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Dempsey wrote: »
    Happy enough with my team from the quarter finals, just trying to pick the best strikers for this round is causing me the biggest headache

Yep, would be handy if the German semi was up first as we'd see their line up before the deadline!

Is there any danger of the site crashing after the line ups are announced on Wednesday evening? So many people will leave it till the last minute this time. Italian defence could pose a problem too, Chellini being lined for a possible return and fitness doubts over Abate. Hmmmm!

Not prepared to gamble on Klose v Gomez and Torres v Fabregas myself, think i will leave all four players out. Have cemented my the Boards top 20 position, quite pleased as its my first FF venture since the mid- 90's :)

• Advertisement

5 Germans and 6 Portuguese. Coentrao captain :pac:

Advertisement