Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Snapshot of your story - FM 12

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

I think in my next game I'll try and sign Irish players only because it is a bit unrealistic having a team full of foreigners. I only have one player from Donegal and he's back up. My first 11 consists of a Swedish GK, NI and Croatian Full Backs, Irish and Romanian CB's, English and Ghanian CM's, Belgian and Italian Wingers and a Cypriot and Italian up front. A tad unrealistic for Harps I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

First team is as follows
    1 Irish GK (my top GK), 1 Northern Ireland, Dutch and Paraguayan GK

DL - English, NIR
    DR - CMR, 2 x DEN, IRL
    DC - BRA (his name is Biro), DEN, EQG, NIR, PAR, IRL, ROU, TUR
    DM - BRA, DEN, POR, IRL, TUR
    MC - GRE, MAR, 2 x NIR, RUS
    ST - BRA, COL, CZE, GRE, POL, 2 x IRL (1 being star striker)

6 Irish players in my first team.

This is my Star striker born and bred in Ireland. From Mayo but at the club since he was 15. His admirers include Barca, Bayern etc but Celtic are the only club to make a bid for 10 million, he is worth at least 5 more if not 10!! He wont enter into talks so and has another 18 months left on his contract, so I dont want to let him leave for nothing, so should I hold on until the end of this season before selling him or take what is offered now?

PatCreggOverview_Profile_zpse4bc0963.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Keep him until the summer, offer him to clubs but set the date as the end of season. That should allow you to keep him until his contract expires and still get a fee for him.

Yeah I like that option indeed. Just notified that LOI has moved up 9 places to 14th moving it three places ahead of the Championship and only two behind Scottish Premier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,229 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Damn, 2 of my best players (defender who was my player of season and striker who scored most in season last year) are not willing to sign new contracts right now, any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,815 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Mc Love wrote: »
    Yeah I like that option indeed. Just notified that LOI has moved up 9 places to 14th moving it three places ahead of the Championship and only two behind Scottish Premier

Nice, your league rating is improving far quicker than mine.

It's hard to find good Irish players alright. They are all playing in England and have been there since they were teens so don't even qualify as homegrown!

Some brilliant players coming from Ireland being snapped up by Scottish & English teams! Limerick are also moved up to 22nd in European rankings

• Registered Users Posts: 13,989 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

holy jesus 39 goals in 17 games???

Im in Portugal, just got promoted to the Second League

My first team is
    Brazilian
    Portuguese Brazilian Brazilian Angolan
                    Iranian
               Brazilian Brazilian
    Portugeuse                      Brazilian
                  Guinea Bissaun

My bench has 4 brazilians on i too, as well as a mozambican.
    Helps that they are all former portuguese colonies (except Iran)!

44 in 18 now :)

And then I was surprised with these little news item....even the game was shocked:

topmarks_zps260642d6.jpg

• Advertisement

Just asked board for new stadium and they agreed :) Should be built by 2023 see below

newstadium_zps2c48488d.jpg

44 in 18 now :)

And then I was surprised with these little news item....even the game was shocked:

topmarks_zps260642d6.jpg

Wohoo he has decided to stay!! After he requesting he terminates his contract for 40k, so I offered him a huge contract and he has accepted :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

retalivity wrote: »
    holy jesus 39 goals in 17 games???

Im in Portugal, just got promoted to the Second League

My first team is
    Brazilian
    Portuguese Brazilian Brazilian Angolan
                    Iranian
               Brazilian Brazilian
    Portugeuse                      Brazilian
                  Guinea Bissaun

My bench has 4 brazilians on i too, as well as a mozambican.
    Helps that they are all former portuguese colonies (except Iran)!

How did you manage to sneak a 12th player into your first team?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

kryogen wrote: »

How did you manage to sneak a 12th player into your first team?
    Is Guinea Bissau not all the one country?

Is Guinea Bissau not all the one country?

indeedio, it is

Wound in a group with Barca, Bayern and Kobenhavn - god have mercy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Wound in a group with Barca, Bayern and Kobenhavn - god have mercy!

I'll do a decket of the Rosary for you.

I've 7 games in hand in the league!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭ispini1984

Started off fresh with UCD in season 2012/13, didnt do any changes to squad, arranged an ass load of pre season games to get some funds and get fomations and training well bedded in. worked a wonder, lost heavily in all 8 pre season games but finished season as double cup winners and 3rd in league :D:D:D

2nd season, won league, won fai cup but lost in 3rd qualifying round in europa :(:(

shams have just taken my assistant who was a great help and i cant get anyone else in yet :mad::mad:

on plus side, i have caleb folan banging in the goals with derek riordan up front also :D:D

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I've 7 games in hand in the league!

It gets ridiculous in the Irish league towards the end of the season if you're doing well in europe/cups.

i once had 10 days off because 4 of my reserves were on international duty, and then promptly had 5 games in 7 days. You used to be able to request match postponements in older games, correct?

• Advertisement

Boom!

teamofweek.png

^ We beat Waterford 10-0, Benyamina got 5 goals and Amine got a hattrick :)

That rosary must have helped!!! We beat Bayern 1-0 and Kobenhavn 3-0 and drew 4-4 with Barca with two players sent off!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭antomorro-sei

Keep reading this thread, so started a new game before 13 comes out.

Started with Ireland, pre Euros. We'd qualified into a group of Croatia, Spain and Portugal. Drew 0-0 with 10 man Croatia, beat Spain 3-2 somehow, and then even more crazy was a 0-0 draw against Portugal who absolutely anihilated me. Finished second.

1/4 Final v the Dutch next... :)

Awh god, do I love this game at times!

irl1hol0.jpg

Ugh, thumped by France 3-0 in the semis. Ah well, now for WC2014 qualifying :)

I have a player that has numerous underage caps for Croatia but no senior caps. He got Irish citizenship last week and has already been called up for the Ireland squad. Matej Jakovic, how Irish is that?! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭MooShop

I started a season with Droylsden in the Blue Square North division.

I have just started my first full season. Gutted the team from last season and pretty much signed a new squad. Very cheap squad and a lot of youth. It's a decent squad, nothing amazing.

Because I have a lot of youth, I'm looking for ways to best develop my youth players. It's a tiny club with no money. What is the best way to maximise their development? I'm guessing a good training schedule and decent coaches. I haven't played FM in ages so I have no idea of how the training centre works!! Any advice would be really helpful!!

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭MooShop

Also, when I go to my Training screen. The training overview shows 0 coaches for the strength category. How do I assign a coach to this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,164 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I finally won the Bundesliga with SC Victoria!
    2019/2020 Season - The clubs 125th Anniversary year as well.
    I was trailing by 4 points at the winter break and the situation worsened when my best player (and current world player of the year) Nadir Suleiman tore his calf muscle playing for the DR Congo NT. But in the second half of the season I won 14, drew 3 and lost none which was enough to overtake Bayern :D

225104.png

Going to find it very hard to make the switch over to FM13 now. I would like to win the CL and our new stadium will be ready in 11 months time.
    The game is holding up quite well this time round and is not slowing down much. The last 2 games I haven't been able to go past 2019.

Advertisement