Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2011 VW passat

• 27-01-2012 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

i'm looking a buying a 2011 trendline VW passat 12000miles, the garage has it listed at 22k, new this car is listed at 27k, but youd probably get it a bit cheaper.....my question is what should i offer for the 2011 passat and what should i pay?? has anyone any idea, i've never haggled with a garage before, so any help would be great, thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭maceocc2

22k sounds like a fair price for the Trendline Passat. Are you paying straight cash? If so, you'll probably get a bit more (few hundred) off it.

Just on this car, I have one myself bought new last year, make sure you ask the dealer if there was any warranty work carried out on it.

I had it in twice with problems on the drop links, and once with a software issue, where the engine would cut out as normal as part of the BMT however it wouldn't start up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Madstaff

thanks maceocc2, i have about 15k cash and i'm gonna finance the rest with the VW bank. i will be sure to ask the deal your warranty question. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 51,060 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Trendline is the base model which is bare as they come. I'd be aiming for Comfortline or Highline if you can.

theres not that much differnece between the models to justify the extra 3k.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,201 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Madstaff wrote: »
    theres not that much differnece between the models to justify the extra 3k.
    I'm pretty sure the comfort line is 27.5k new. Trend line 24.5k. I'm open to correction on that though
    :I'd certainly be looking for a better spec for your 22k. In fact, with such little difference, and if you trade every few years, a new car might make as much sense.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

bazz26 wrote: »
    Trendline is the base model which is bare as they come. I'd be aiming for Comfortline or Highline if you can.

yes, and i'd got to the uk and get 3 years vw warranty and save 3k or so;)

just thought i'd update this post and tell you all what i got........... got a VW passat 11D Comfortline with added extras of park assit and bluetooth with 8000k on the clock for 22k. great deal i think very happy with it, the car is class, highly recommend so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Well wear OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,400 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Well wear. I love when people come back and update threads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

just thought i'd update this post and tell you all what i got........... got a VW passat 11D Comfortline with added extras of park assit and bluetooth with 8000k on the clock for 22k. great deal i think very happy with it, the car is class, highly recommend so far.

Well done and well wear you made a good choice. I love the way VW call the poverty spec Trendline....:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

nice one Op, is it the new model?

Thanks guys.
    Funny you should say well wear... i never heard of well wear before i got this car. No one in Dublin says it, went down to wife’s family in Ballinasloe and its all they and anyone else down there said.

ya its the new model midlands.

Thanks guys.
    Funny you should say well wear... i never heard of well wear before i got this car. No one in Dublin says it, went down to wife’s family in Ballinasloe and its all they and anyone else down there said.

ya its the new model midlands.

sweet! well wear:D:D

Advertisement