Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Getting from Newbridge to Leixlip

• 27-04-2015 8:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all,

Having lived abroad for the past seven years, I'm now finally returning to Ireland. I've found a job in Newbridge, and my husband in Leixlip. Therein arises the problem: We're now trying to figure out where would be the best place to live. Ideally, we would like to use public transport. However, my husband will be doing shift work, sometimes starting as early as 6am, and as far as I can see, the first train to Hazelhatch & Celbridge (from which a shuttle bus travels to Leixlip) is 6.20. Does anyone have experience of commuting to either Leixlip or Newbridge using public transport? Or can anyone advise as to where might be a good midway point (re accommodation prices and public transport) between Newbridge and Leixlip?

Any advice much appreciated - thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,474 ✭✭✭✭guil

I don't think there is any public transport options that early.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ni_bheolain

I think you're right, guil - oh well, worth a try! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

No public transport that would suit both, so best is to live Newbridge area (still some value) and use car for leixlip job as travel will be during light traffic hours. Possibly live walking distance to where you work in newbridge, thus only commuting cost is to leixlip.

Advertisement