Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Free XBL Code Thread (READ FIRST POST FOR THREAD RULES)

Comments

Is it not behind the manual?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Have 2 day code from COD. Read OP. No idea who's next in line or who wants it tbh so please lemme know.

Yep same here, as i see it the queue is
    scooby2791

tubsandtiles

copper pipe

skelliser

cubix

cheeky monkey

smartly dressed

mountyjoy mugger

So we can either respect the queue or just give them to the next people looking for codes. Maybe give the lads on the list a day or two to come back for one?
    I didnt get any code with my COD?

There should be a single sheet with "2 Day Gold Pass" on it and on the back near the bottom there is a 25 character code

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Indeed. Sounds like a plan. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Dannyboi3k

anyone have an xbox live code for me? can do a deal, anyone who sends me the code and has a ps3 or their friends do I'll mail them Gran turismo 5 for the ps3 :P can't get a better deal than dat :D

or will meet n wexford with it
    otherwise person pays €2/3 postage will be posted in the morning if got tonite.

(sold ps3 no need for game)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭davemckenna25

Can I join the queue for the codes please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭BIGGIEsmall

Can I join the queue for the codes please?

50 posts or more required.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭dr gonzo

Hey guys, poor student stuck on silver now, would very much appreciate anything at all :)

Ill hopefully be able to get Skyrim in a few weeks and if that comes with a pass ill pass it straight back on to the boardsies.

Ok the lads on the list have not checked in so we will just go on and if they come back at some point they get priority. I will send my code to mountjoy mugger now and danny if you want to pm doc bollocko and ask if he still has his code.

Drgonzo becomes next in line, sorry dave as said you need to have at least 50 posts on boards to avail of this otherwise we would just have people actin the maggot registering just to get free codes rather than actual boardsies getting them.

Just as a side note will say again in shiny caps so people are clear

THE CODES GIVEN HERE CANNOT BE USED AS A "TOP UP" FOR YOUR PRIMARY PROFILE (ASSUMING THIS PROFILE HAS BEEN ON XBOX LIVE GOLD AT SOME POINT). THEY WILL ONLY WORK WITH THE CREATION OF A NEW PROFILE.

PLEASE CREATE A NEW PROFILE BEFORE YOU ASK FOR A CODE HERE AS YOU MAY HAVE FREE 1 MONTH GOLD LIVE TRIALS STILL AVAILABLE ON YOUR SYSTEM (I HAVE HEARD IT IS THREE PER CONSOLE BUT I KNOW I GOT MORE) THEREBY DEPRIVING SOMEONE WHO ACTUALLY NEEDS THE CODE

Sending pm to mountjoy mugger now...

Got it. About to use it. Much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

GAAman wrote: »

Just as a side note will say again in shiny caps so people are clear

THE CODES GIVEN HERE CANNOT BE USED AS A "TOP UP" FOR YOUR PRIMARY PROFILE (ASSUMING THIS PROFILE HAS BEEN ON XBOX LIVE GOLD AT SOME POINT). THEY WILL ONLY WORK WITH THE CREATION OF A NEW PROFILE.

PLEASE CREATE A NEW PROFILE BEFORE YOU ASK FOR A CODE HERE AS YOU MAY HAVE FREE 1 MONTH GOLD LIVE TRIALS STILL AVAILABLE ON YOUR SYSTEM (I HAVE HEARD IT IS THREE PER CONSOLE BUT I KNOW I GOT MORE) THEREBY DEPRIVING SOMEONE WHO ACTUALLY NEEDS THE CODE

Are you sure about this, I thought they could be used to give a lapsed Gold account a top up for a couple of days?

That said, I have a code available so if dr.bollocko doesn't have one for Dannyboi3k, I'll send it on. Otherwise, dr gonzo can have it.

• Advertisement

Getting mine off Dr. bollocko, cheers all :)

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    Are you sure about this, I thought they could be used to give a lapsed Gold account a top up for a couple of days?

That said, I have a code available so if dr.bollocko doesn't have one for Dannyboi3k, I'll send it on. Otherwise, dr gonzo can have it.

Positive, not only have i read it somewhere on their (microsoft) site but i also tried it myself when my own gold sub finished. I kept getting an error message that the code was not recognised, and i gave that same code to someone on this thread and it worked for their new profile.

That is grand about the code danny got sorted so if you hang on to it until the next person comes along someone else can use it :)

Edit: Actually just remembered about dr gonzo, can you send them a pm to check do they still need the code?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

I have a 2 day code, who's next?

(Also if anyone wants the Master Chief Female Avatar Armor I've a code for that too!)

in all my asking for a trial i found two 48hour passes in old halo 3 cases :rolleyes:

So, dunno who's next but I have two here anyway so let me know

I think the backlog is clear as the other people did not get back to this thread so whoever comes next (as long as they satisfy the rules) gets the codes from maximoose and dannyboi3k.

Just as an add on maybe the next people who need codes can pm the lads above instead of them having to keep checking on this thread.

Yeah better to PM me i'll surely forget anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭omega42

Dannyboi3k wrote: »
    Yeah better to PM me i'll surely forget anyway :D

Danny, i sent u a pm :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

hi guys ,need code , next in line please

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭hotshots85

Could do with a two day trial code if anyone has one

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭mrpants

Hi ppl just got a new Xbox :-) anybody got a spare code so I can try it out before I subscribe to live.

• Advertisement

mrpants wrote: »
    Hi ppl just got a new Xbox :-) anybody got a spare code so I can try it out before I subscribe to live.

If you have a new xbox you should have at least three single month gold trials on it. When you create a profile and it asks you do you want silver (free) or gold live pick silver and it will automatically give you gold for a months trial.

almanu wrote: »
    hi guys ,need code , next in line please

PM dannyboi3k he should still have a code spare
    hotshots85 wrote: »
    Could do with a two day trial code if anyone has one

PM maximoose and ask for the code just in case the lads dont keep an eye on this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭mrpants

Thanks gaaman, I'll give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

I'll add my name to the list, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Spike2010

Got a 2 day Gold pass here if anyone still needs one?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Just to let anyone here know that there is an offer at the moment for 3 months Gold for €9.99. Pretty reasonable, just remember to remove your credit card from auto-renewing the account at full price.

GAAman wrote: »

Just a FYI, GAAman.

I tried using it with a lapsed gold account, and it worked.

It might have been specific to that code, I'm not sure. But hey, it worked.

Just a FYI, GAAman.

I tried using it with a lapsed gold account, and it worked.

It might have been specific to that code, I'm not sure. But hey, it worked.

Good to know, strange but it didn't work for me a few times and even when i tried it a few months ago.

Just out of interest, was your live account ever credit card funded? Mine has always been a top up card rather than credit card i wonder if that makes a difference?

Yep - credit card funded.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭fishsticks

Anybody have a fifa 12 online pass they aint using? Me and my brother share the xbox so he used it before i could so im online-less
    Appreciate it if anyone did

From what I can remember the code should work for everyone on the same console. Its not 1 per gamertag but 1 per console.
    Do I need an unique Online Pass for every user on my console?
    No. One Online Pass will give online access to multiple users logged into the console where the Online Pass was first activated (subject to the console manufacturer’s and EA online terms of service).

Also, the user that activated the Online Pass will be allowed to access online features on other consoles (of the same manufacturer) by logging into the same account credentials that they used when they enabled the Online Pass.

http://www.easports.com/onlinepass

• Advertisement

Spike2010 wrote: »
    Got a 2 day Gold pass here if anyone still needs one?

Ok will try tidy up here a bit, so spike has a code up for grabs
    Just to let anyone here know that there is an offer at the moment for 3 months Gold for €9.99. Pretty reasonable, just remember to remove your credit card from auto-renewing the account at full price.

Rowley does this mean you have topped up your gold account? If so spikes code goes to the next person that comes along, if not then spike is your way to go
    Yep - credit card funded.

I wonder if that is why it worked, good to know though! :)

Advertisement