Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

All GMIT accommodation related stuff thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 elizuch

we have two rooms avaiable for any students lookin to live in a proper house :D we are good crack :D:D very cheap !:) and close to gmit, email for more info

• Registered Users Posts: 5 KatieMeath

1st year just booked into Cuirt Na Rasai.. anyone else? is it a safe walk from the college?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 elizuch

KatieMeath wrote: »
    1st year just booked into Cuirt Na Rasai.. anyone else? is it a safe walk from the college?
    Katie if u are lookin for very quiet estate u have chosen brilliant , no parties allowed there and it's a actually a good. 20 mins of a walk :/

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭monster1

It's a long walk, about 3km

• Registered Users Posts: 12 jasonadolan

Im thinking of booking into tir na gcapall tomorrow as the prices in glasan are ridiculous. Theres a bus that leaves tir na gcapall every 15 mins into college so its handy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 KatieMeath

Ya thats okay i dont mind if its long :) haha il probly have my bike just wondering was it safe really but thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 EvanGlas7

so whos goin to glasan and who is doing retail and customer service management?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Dathi Horizon

Anyone going to Tir na gcapall or any previous people been there have any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Brianxz

Hi all,

I'm moving up to glasan on the weekend... and I was just wondering, do the bedrooms have locks?

I will b up and down to galway alot and plan on leaving my laptop etc up there on weekends...and i'm aware that its likely people will b in and out of my house throughout the year..so i'm just wondering how safe is it to leave valuables in bedrooms?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 137 ✭✭Densino

Thats a good question, I know the student acc for NUIG have key cards for the bedrooms but i'm not sure about Glasan.
    Surely they would though

• Advertisement

Heading to Glasan....heard i'll b living with some 1st year repeats that caused a bit of trouble last year

• Registered Users Posts: 28 michaelD1725

Yea they do, you need a keycard to get into your room

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Brianxz

Yea they do, you need a keycard to get into your room

So it would be pretty safe leaving valuables in your room over the weekends and that?

Thats great,less stuff to bring home with me so.. Just the bag of washing for the mother:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Say goodbye to your deposit for Glasan

No matter what you do the management sharks will fleece it

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Say goodbye to your deposit

No matter what you do the sharks will fleece it

I've heard that aswell...I'm actually thinking I was to quick applying for Glasan.
    Shoulda just got a room in one of the estates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Hi guys. Please keep all accommodation stuff in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 red_poppy

Densino wrote: »
    I've heard that aswell...I'm actually thinking I was to quick applying for Glasan.
    Shoulda just got a room in one of the estates

Ah there's benefits to student accommodation too. Not even sure I made the right decision yet to get private house but hopefully it will work out okay in the end. Loads of things missing faulty etc in the house I got where as ya kinda get everything with student accommodation, well where I was in student accommodation before was brill but that was UL.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 EvanGlas7

Went up to glasan today to pay the deposit on the 1st moiety and thought they would give me the room key but na they havnt allocated me yet some joke ha ive my induction on tues so i suppose il have to head up on monday they better have me allocated before then..

• Registered Users Posts: 35 ole112

Just moved in here,
    Anyone around?

• Site Banned Posts: 154 ✭✭EEm

Room available in Lios an Uisce, behind Bodkins bar. 55 a week, includes bin and TV licence. PM me for more details :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Keanna

What did you end up choosing in the end?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Anyone in Glasan 107?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 BigMan07

Double Bedroom to let €280 monthly available from 21st December in Gleann Rua Galway. 5 minute walk from GMIT, 3 minute walk from shop, 7 minute walk from bus stop. Central heating and bins paid already. Parking, Television, Washing Machine, Dryer, Microwave, Electric shower, Garden/Patio. Let me know if your interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Hi guys,

I have two colleges on my CAO and one of them is GMIT, but I haven't that much money for accommodation.

What is the cheapest student accommodation that is solely for students and includes all bills that is within a reasonable walking distance to the main campus?

Thanks!! :)

He guys. I'm staying in Glasan right now, but I'm thinking about going somewhere else next year.

I like the closeness to the college, Definitely a plus.

But what I don't like is how loud it is. Even if you have the TV volume low or have normal conversation. It can be heard throughout the house. The sounds and vibrations go through the floors and the walls like a sheet of paper.

The bills are very high and the management are dicks.

Can anyone recommend reasonably priced accommodation that is still close to the college but maybe more suitable to a more mature student, Less noise and loud music, reasonable management.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Wake_Up_Donnie

Sorry to hear about your experience with Glasan, Dublin Red Devil. You've really put me off going there. I like my peace and quiet! Going by their website, they seem very strict.

Hoping to go to GMIT in September as a mature student so I also would like to hear about other peoples' experiences with student accommodation.

Sorry to hear about your experience with Glasan, Dublin Red Devil. You've really put me off going there. I like my peace and quiet! Going by their website, they seem very strict.

Hoping to go to GMIT in September as a mature student so I also would like to hear about other peoples' experiences with student accommodation.

You sound like the kind of person i'd like to share accommodation with. If you find something better let me know. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Wake_Up_Donnie

You sound like the kind of person i'd like to share accommodation with. If you find something better let me know. ;)

Will do. :)

The cost of cancellation fees is a joke. €250 if you cancel with Gleann na Ri. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭onethreefive

Hey,

I'm thinking of staying in Tir na gcapall but I looked on street view and it seems fairly far away from the main campus!

By any chance was there cycle lanes built recently? I don't drive and I really don't want to cycle on the road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭MyNameIsMethos

Best bet is going for some shared accomodation & forgetting about student acommodation man; both less chance of having some breed of an almighty party keeping you awake all night when you've some important practical the next day/having some breed of security coming banging on your door on the one night you may make noise over a whisper.
    d
    @Dublin Red Devil/Wake_Up_Donnie: Gonna be going to GMIT myself as a mature in Med. Science (hopefully) in September myself. If y'all are looking for extra matures for some gaff: count me in.

Advertisement