Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplements

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Mac-Chops

Mac-Chops wrote: »
    Stopped in to discount supps in Terenure today and picked up this offer: http://www.discountsupplements.ie/index.php?route=product/product&manufacturer_id=169&product_id=1323

Update on this, the chocolate shakes tasted pretty rough at first but now surprisingly I find them pretty delish!

First experiences with preworkouts and the TNT, first few times had a bit of a tingly face and hands which seems to be a common side-effect! I did go for and succeed in some heavier lifts though which was cool.

4/5 sessions in now taking just under one scoop (3/4s recommended) and effects have diminished somewhat so is the idea to up the dosage a bit I take it? Thinking a heaped scoop anyway.. don't think I'll continue down this road though as no doubt it gets addictive.

Noticed good steady progress anyway so I'm happy with the purchase!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

The tingles are from the beta-alanine.

Paddywiggum, I tried your shake and it's lovely! Thanks for posting it:) tastes an awful lot nicer than my other mass gainer!

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Paddywiggum

Paddywiggum, I tried your shake and it's lovely! Thanks for posting it:) tastes an awful lot nicer than my other mass gainer!

Cool! i love blending stuff! makes it a lil easier to get those much needed calories :D

has anyone tried agmatine/citrulline malate combo? have it ordered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 shaneoreillyo

Protein alone isn't going to give you any gains unless you're on a decent diet.

I would consider myself having a fairly good diet, I would however have a snack a day alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Liam90

I'm making an order off bulkpowders but am looking to cut costs, so i want to buy unflavoured whey but what does it taste like? As long as its drinkable i don't care.

Liam90 wrote: »
    I'm making an order off bulkpowders but am looking to cut costs, so i want to buy unflavoured whey but what does it taste like? As long as its drinkable i don't care.

The flavour is worth the extra costs especially if you're drinking it daily.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ant11

Myprotein.ie seem to be back on track. Ordered on Friday and just got delivery now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Liam90 wrote: »
    The flavour is worth the extra costs especially if you're drinking it daily.

Lies!! Go with the unflavoured, its protein you want not a treat! Cheaper and with an average of +5% protein content or more with unflavoured! Might not be a lot but it all counts when you're trying to hit your macros! I Started on it last year and have never looked back! It tastes fine and sure its gone in less then a minute anyway!

There's too many people on here looking for a treat with their Orange Frappuccino whey shakes etc! Just get it into you!

• Advertisement

Lies!! Go with the unflavoured, its protein you want not a treat! Cheaper and with an average of +5% protein content or more with unflavoured! Might not be a lot but it all counts when you're trying to hit your macros! I Started on it last year and have never looked back! It tastes fine and sure its gone in less then a minute anyway!

There's too many people on here looking for a treat with their Orange Frappuccino whey shakes etc! Just get it into you!

That's just your own personal preference. I would rather enjoy my protein post/prior my workout than something I feel I have to get in me as fast as I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭john_cappa

Do you apply this to all areas of your diet? is dinner just chicken (cheap cheap chicken from caged hens in outermongolia) with oats or rice (oats are cheapest when bought in bulk i think).

Just get the chicken and oats in to hit your macros all day every day.......

• Registered Users Posts: 19,145 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

That's just your own personal preference. I would rather enjoy my protein post/prior my workout than something I feel I have to get in me as fast as I can.

You wouldn't believe how much a little flavour in the protein means that I make sure to get it into me whenever I'm supposed to.

I've also gotten into the habit of putting in a little dash more in each shake to make up for the 5% shortfall in protein. So that eliminates that problem.

MrStuffins wrote: »
    You wouldn't believe how much a little flavour in the protein means that I make sure to get it into me whenever I'm supposed to.

I've also gotten into the habit of putting in a little dash more in each shake to make up for the 5% shortfall in protein. So that eliminates that problem.

Don't bother! Assuming you are taking a scoop of protein at 30 g then if its unflavoured you get 24g of protein, for a flavoured product you would get 21-23 grams of protein. If you are a level where that makes a difference then good luck in Vegas in September !

For 99 .99% of people there are too many other uncontrolled variables other than the difference between whey products.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Unflavoured + powdered flavouring means I can control how awesome it tastes.

I never meant to start a debate :pac:

I just look at protein much like I look at my diet- if it's interesting and flavorsome, I'll be more likely to stick too it and for the extra 5e or so every time I buy protein, it's worth it.

john_cappa wrote: »
    Do you apply this to all areas of your diet? is dinner just chicken (cheap cheap chicken from caged hens in outermongolia) with oats or rice (oats are cheapest when bought in bulk i think).

Just get the chicken and oats in to hit your macros all day every day.......

That's exactly what i do with my diet... no need for your smart comments on the thread the whole time!

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Oisinjm

That's exactly what i do with my diet! It's called discipline...

The point other people are making is that you don't have to have a completely bland, tasteless diet to reach your goals. You can be disciplined and still get the desired results.

If it was me, I'd get the unflavoured from myprotein and then get a few different flavoured powders to add to your shakes. It'll keep things fresh.

Oisín

Oisinjm wrote: »
    The point other people are making is that you don't have to have a completely bland, tasteless diet to reach your goals. You can be disciplined and still get the desired results.

If it was me, I'd get the unflavoured from myprotein and then get a few different flavoured powders to add to your shakes. It'll keep things fresh.

Oisín

Exactly!

You can define discipline as eating the exact same bland food as cheap as possible every day.

Or you can achieve the same thing with a varied diet that is enjoyable!

Apologies SC if my comment was smart but let's call a spade a spade so, your comment reeked of snugness and hubris referencing to people enjoying nice flavoured whey ( must look up or the orange frapacinno flava)! So if you can give then you gotta take it!

Exactly!

You can define discipline as eating the exact same bland food as cheap as possible every day.

Or you can achieve the same thing with a varied diet that is enjoyable!

Apologies SC if my comment was smart but let's call a spade a spade so, your comment reeked of snugness and hubris referencing to people enjoying nice flavoured whey ( must look up or the orange frapacinno flava)! So if you can give then you gotta take it!

The question asked for an opinion on flavoured vs unflavoured whey as the poster was looking to cut cost, i gave mine. My comment wasn't directed at anyone in particular.

and off topic... but in fairness eating 6 chicken fillets a day is anything but cheap!

• Advertisement

The question asked for an opinion on flavoured vs unflavoured whey as the poster was looking to cut cost, i gave mine. My comment wasn't directed at anyone in particular.

and off topic... but in fairness eating 6 chicken fillets a day is anything but cheap!

Fair enough mate

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Mickery

Unflavoured whey tastes grand to me and it does save a few quid.

It's delicious when you add your own stuff e.g. milk \ 100% cocoa \ Mi Wadi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Stop ragging on whey caramel macchiato :mad:

:pac:

Tried 1gram of Agmatine for preworkout last night. Gives serious pump in fairness to it. Pump lasts longer too.

waiting on delivery of citrulline malate for combo.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

What kind of stack should I do when bulking....
    I'm taking creatine, Protein, Weight gainer, Bcaa, Multi Vit and Omega 3....
    Should that be enough or should I add Zma or dessicated liver ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭Ant11

If bulking cals are more important then supplements. Make your own weight gainer and your sorted.

Like Ant said, get calories into you from foods and don't concentrate on wasting your money on supplements. There are DOZENS of home made weight gainer recipes out there. Save yourself the money and do that instead.

Like Ant said, get calories into you from foods and don't concentrate on wasting your money on supplements. There are DOZENS of home made weight gainer recipes out there. Save yourself the money and do that instead.

+1

PaddyWiggum actually posted a recipe for one on the previous page that i am going to have to try when bulking season rolls round again!

Look at each product and ask yourself why am I taking this? What is the benefit?

Get your diet in order and chances are you don't need a weight gainer (home made is far superior and I wouldn't count it as a supplement if home made).

Bcaa? Do I really need them if I am already eating 200g of protein as plenty of cals? Is it a waste of money to add 20 g bcaa? Yes IMO

ZMA total waste I think

Liver tabs unless on aas again I don't see the point.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Look at each product and ask yourself why am I taking this? What is the benefit?

Get your diet in order and chances are you don't need a weight gainer (home made is far superior and I wouldn't count it as a supplement if home made).

Bcaa? Do I really need them if I am already eating 200g of protein as plenty of cals? Is it a waste of money to add 20 g bcaa? Yes IMO

ZMA total waste I think

Liver tabs unless on aas again I don't see the point.

aas?

Advertisement