Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bootcamp Macbook pro SSD

Options
  • 23-01-2015 4:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

I really want to run bootcamp and partiton my ssd for windows, but I've been having trouble trying to do this as I keep getting errors etc.

I'm wondering does anyone/anywhere offer a service where they will partition my mac to run both Mac OS and windows OS?

mid 2014 macbook pro 15"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭vlad2009

anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

What errors are you getting ? Do you want to use only Windows on the Mac or do you want to partition the drive 50/50 ? What version of Windows do you want to run ?

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Simon201

Presuming you've done all the stuff like having everything up to date and repairing disk permissions etc, I'd be interested in the errors shown.

But if you wanted to bring it somewhere I'm sure Marcin in Compu B in Blanch would be able to sort you out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭obsidianclock

vlad2009 wrote: »
    I really want to run bootcamp and partiton my ssd for windows, but I've been having trouble trying to do this as I keep getting errors etc.

I'm wondering does anyone/anywhere offer a service where they will partition my mac to run both Mac OS and windows OS?

mid 2014 macbook pro 15"

Vlad,

Have you considered calling Apple's Tech Support number and asking them to take you through it? Might save some trouble in long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭vlad2009

I wrote a really long reply to this detailing everything but it never posted -.-

Well I got it sorted eventually, after a few trys. At one stage things got so bad that it wouldn't register the Mac os from the ssd, nothing worked at all and I though I had truly flipped things up. But got my girlfriends Mac and created a Yosemite bootable usb and fixed everything. Tried windows again to no avail. And again. The errors that came up I cant remember anymore. But tried again, reset pram and it worked! Finally! Was a bit of a stress, and the errors that occur seem to be only minor and just require you to try again.

I now have bootcamp windows 8.1 And can play windows games on it which was my original aim, ones that do work on the Mac side.
    Been playing DayZ and it runs sweet however can get quite hot so I don't want to damage it, I know how tough DayZ is, and that it is very demanding so I'm thinking of trying out H1Z1. I did install manual fan control which helped a fair bit but sometimes under a heavy load it can still get up to high 80c, but usually runs on average about 70-75c

• Advertisement
Advertisement