Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Engraved pool cues?

• 09-12-2014 9:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭

This may seem a strange questions, but I'd like to get someone a pool or snooker cue with engraved initials this Christmas. Does anyone know anywhere in Dublin (or nationwide) that does something like that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭melon_collie

It depends on how much you are willing to spend. How fanatical is the gift receiver about the sport. Is it just a past time or more serious than that?

There is a guy in Wexford called Abban Reddy who makes cues. High quality stuff. I bought my cue from him earlier in the year for about 350e. He'd be able to sell you one and engrave it as well id say but he'd be worth talking to anyway for advice.

http://www.abbanreddy.com/index.php?option=com_contact&view=contact&id=1&Itemid=182

Alternatively if you just want to buy a cue in a store like argos you could find a good wood worker somewhere who would be able to engrave it for you. Personally I wouldn't buy a cue in argos as a gift for someone if they were half serious about the sport.

Another option for you might be Brenfer Bullseye on Capel St in city centre. Has a vast selection of cues in different price ranges to suit your budget. All cues in view so you can see what you are buying. They are very good people to advise also. Again, they may be able to advise on the engraving. Definitely worth a phonecall.

If you need any more advice send me a pm

Advertisement