Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardwareversand.de Paypal payment

• 11-11-2014 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Just ordered goods worth over €1000 from Hardwareversand. When I went through to make the payment it only gave me the prepayment option. I accepted this thinking there'd be details on how to pay via Paypal in the email, turns out I was very wrong about this.

What should I do? Any and all advice would be much appreciated.

Also is it possible to cancel an order and if so how do I do this? Do I just email them?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭Serephucus

You pay them via bank transfer. All the necessary details will be in the email (bank address, IBAN, BIC, etc.) You can do this yourself online with your bank, or go a branch with the details. It's all legit, it's just how they do things over there.

If you decide you don't want to go through with the order, HWVS will simply delete it if they haven't received payment from you in two weeks. At this point it's only a possible order in their system. They won't actually start doing anything until the money shows up.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Zeppelin67

As far as I was aware bank transfers were a risky business as you had nothing to fall back on, Paypal is completely secure. I'm just wondering why there was no Paypal option for me.

Just did a few tests with the site and it seems when I place an order over €740 the Paypal and visa card options vanish. If I'm on €739,99 they are still there.

Only way I see around it would be splitting my order which is an awful lot of hassle for delivery..

• Registered Users Posts: 36,162 ✭✭✭✭ED E

They use SEPA/Wire transfer because paypal and CC companies screw retailers for fees/commission. When you're HWVS and you're trying to keep margins low so that you are the cheapest(they usually are) then it makes sense to dodge the middlemen. They're totally safe, the regulars on this subforum have all used them multiple times and have helped thousands of others over the last few years do the same. I'm yet to see somebody post that they scammed them.

TLDR: Its sketchy unless the site is very well trusted like HWVS is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭gooner99

Just placed an order there myself. Got the email with the bank details. There appears to be 2 options Deutsche Postbank AG Dortmund and Sparkasse Soest. Does it matter which one I use. I'll be using AIB online banking to pay. Do I simply put in my order number as reference so as they can link my payment to my order?

• Advertisement

Doesn't matter which one you use. Stick the "Intended Purpose" down as your reference.

NB: This is tied to your order, not (as I first thought), your account. It'll change each time, so don't think you can save all the details to re-use.

Thanks for the reply. Will use that.

Would I need to be paying tonight or wold it be ok to wait until Tomorrow evening. Will they cancel the order?

gooner99 wrote: »
    Would I need to be paying tonight or wold it be ok to wait until Tomorrow evening. Will they cancel the order?

You have two weeks to pay, won't ship until you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

So is Hadrwareversande still generally the cheapest option around these days?

Thinking of picking up a i7-4790K so just looking around a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

I'm using this company for over 1.2k worth of parts and have done extensive research into alternatives in pricing. Theirs none cheaper as far as i can find. My first time using them and i'm going to be using Bank Transfer as my payment method. Lot of people here use it here so i'm hoping it goes ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Oasis1974 wrote: »
    I'm using this company for over 1.2k worth of parts and have done extensive research into alternatives in pricing. Theirs none cheaper as far as i can find. My first time using them and i'm going to be using Bank Transfer as my payment method. Lot of people here use it here so i'm hoping it goes ok.

I used them before about 2 years ago for a complete build of €1100 and used the bank transfer option. Was smooth sailing and my kit was delivered very quick and in perfect condition.

I have no problem using them again if they are still the cheapest out there :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 34 DeCoR26

I really don't understand the hype with this company on here, on a full build you may save about 50 euro in return for going through the hassle of bank transfers longer delivery etc, I don't really see the point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

DeCoR26 wrote: »
    I really don't understand the hype with this company on here, on a full build you may save about 50 euro in return for going through the hassle of bank transfers longer delivery etc, I don't really see the point.

Compared to buying in store? You get to build exactly what you want, and if you've a spare €50 lying around I can PM you an address to send it.

As an example i'm getting a Sapphire 280x Vapor X 3g card from them priced at €248 as of now through Geizhals. Aria Pc are the cheapest in the UK at €303 incl vat and Amazon slightly dearer at but includes free shipping. Think its roughly the same card. Different part Numbers but specs seem the same. Major savings there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

I cancelled an order with them for a new case and a GTX 970 because they tried to charge me paypal fees. Those fee's are merchant fee's not a customer fee so that was unacceptable. With the fees added on plus delivery costs I got my total cost and then shopped around to beat it. I got the 970 for cheaper with pixmania and the case for similar money with Amazon both including delivery and payment whatever way I wanted. If I was going with a big order I'd consider them but I wouldn't use them by default. If you want to pay by credit card you have no option but to pay the paypal fee's which can substantially lessen any savings made.

Just placed an order there myself. Got the email with the bank details. There appears to be 2 options Deutsche Postbank AG Dortmund and Sparkasse Soest. Does it matter which one I use. I'll be using AIB online banking to pay. Do I simply put in my order number as reference so as they can link my payment to my order?

Payment went smooth. Did the transfer last night using AIBs standard zero cost option and my order on their webpage states payment received at 9.30 this morning. Just as well I didn't opt to pay for express service.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Wynnie12

Placed my order Tuesday along with the transfer (very straight forward using banking 365 if you ask me). Payment was received by them on Wednesday and shipped today so well worth the €50 saving if you ask me

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Wynnie12

Also they charge 3% for using PayPal, not sure if that was mentioned. So much better to transfer the cash

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭IrlMonk

Zeppelin67 wrote: »
    Just did a few tests with the site and it seems when I place an order over €740 the Paypal and visa card options vanish. If I'm on €739,99 they are still there.

Only way I see around it would be splitting my order which is an awful lot of hassle for delivery..

How did you end up paying for the gear?
    Did you pay via Paypal? Did you split the order? Was there a 3% charge?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Are they still doing the flat rate €30 shipping no matter what you buy?

• Advertisement

My transfer went through Tuesday afternoon. Way it looks to me ill be waiting weeks to get my parts shipped. I'm ordering a complete build all parts minus a keyboard and mouse sourced from the UK. As of now my parts in stock is like a virtual traffic lights. Stuffs going out of stock to estimate and in stock every day. Even my Windows 8.1 upgrade is now Available for order, delivery date upon request. The case has had a Estimate date on it for 2 weeks so its a virtual lottery as to when do finally get a shipment Email. I'm hopping this companies policy is keep stock for each individual order until all parts are gathered. Took me a month of building up(no pun intended) before placing my order and all my parts are checked and double checked from hardware review sites, forums etc. I'm not ordering inferior parts just to suit these guys so maybe 2 weeks and see what happens. And on a side note if i ran my parts through Geizhals again i'd probably reduce the cost of this build again. My monitor has a Estimate date now as i type this so that's 5 parts...

€11.99 was the shipping cost i was charged.

IrlMonk wrote: »
    How did you end up paying for the gear?
    Did you pay via Paypal? Did you split the order? Was there a 3% charge?

In the end I just placed my order again yesterday. I decided to cancel my original order as I'd been given a €20 voucher to a different account I have with them.

When placing my order in that account, oddly enough it gave me the option of paying with Paypal so in the end it all worked out smoothly.

No idea when it will ship though as I've asked for them to build it.

@Zeppelin67

Was there any additional charges?

IrlMonk wrote: »
    @Zeppelin67

Was there any additional charges?

Yeah, just a 3% charge of the total payment which ended up being €36.

A 3% charge for what?
    Seems a bit much, what is their excuse for this charge.
    That annoys me

I'm presuming there a valid reason behind it. I was spending over a grand so I wasn't too happy about the prospect of paying via bank transfer. I'll pay with Paypal any day even if there's a 3% charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Zeppelin67 wrote:
    I'm presuming there a valid reason behind it. I was spending over a grand so I wasn't too happy about the prospect of paying via bank transfer. I'll pay with Paypal any day even if there's a 3% charge.

Well PayPal charge the merchant for using their service. No charges on the bank transfer.

Received my gear, all present and no apparent damage. Looking forward to the challenge of building it. Here are the details of the timeline from order to receipt.

014-11-11 at 23:30 Online-Order

2014-11-13 at 09:26 We received your payment.

2014-11-13 at 17:53 Due to your payment the order was cleared for delivery.

2014-11-17 at 16:01 The goods are ready for collection or assembling.

2014-11-17 at 16:01 The invoice was made.

2014-11-17 at 20:00 The goods were dispatched.

2014-11-21 at 12:27 The goods were delivered to you.

• Advertisement

Received my gear, all present and no apparent damage. Looking forward to the challenge of building it. Here are the details of the timeline from order to receipt.

Did you receive those notifications by email or on their website with your order number?

Advertisement