Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Off Topic Thread V2.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Grab your motherboard manual, and find the CMOS battery on that page where it labels all the basic stuff for you.

Turn your PC off
    Unplug power (to be safe)
    Pop battery out
    Plug power back in
    Hold power button for ~20 seconds
    Unplug, pop in battery, turn on again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Just followed those instructions down to the letter and still nothing. Downgrade the bios?

Speci s here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=91697779&postcount=9

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Reverting to the F4 bios fixed things for me

• Registered Users Posts: 53,823 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Anyone notice OC have dreadful stock levels?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭game4it70

Headshot wrote: »
    Anyone notice OC have dreadful stock levels?

Yes.I've been waiting for a few things to come back into stock for a few weeks.
    I contacted support and i was told maybe 3 weeks but not even sure :confused:

If you stuck for something they usually stock you could try their parent company www.caseking.de
    Ok prices but deliver is silly money (approx 35e)

• Advertisement

Not that silly considering most of us have given HWVS €30 more than once for delivery. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭game4it70

Serephucus wrote: »
    Not that silly considering most of us have given HWVS €30 more than once for delivery. ;)

If for a full build then its ok but for a bottle of this caseking want 34.90e :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Holy ****! Some people need reality check ASAP!
    On local Facebook "buy and sell" group dude has a few items for sale. I asked how much he wanted for a very simple office chair. You know, those most simple ones, which go for about 30eu? It looked rough, so I though I might pick it up for tenner as its local and it would do me for now. Well, he pmed me and he is looking for 50eu!!!!! I almost pissed myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Holy ****! Some people need reality check ASAP!
    On local Facebook "buy and sell" group dude has a few items for sale. I asked how much he wanted for a very simple office chair. You know, those most simple ones, which go for about 30eu? It looked rough, so I though I might pick it up for tenner as its local and it would do me for now. Well, he pmed me and he is looking for 50eu!!!!! I almost pissed myself!

In fairness I'd like to see the chair a tenner would buy you!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

wolverine-chair-01-26.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Lu Tze wrote: »
    In fairness I'd like to see the chair a tenner would buy you!

I don't think it's totally crazy, you can get these sort of chairs for €25 euro new, I'm guessing that's what he meant. A well used 2nd hand one for a tenner isn't unrealistic. I've had the same chair for 5 years, it's not actually even a computer chair, it's a recliner, but I've gotten so used to it that I feel wierd trying to play a game with a proper chair, feels way too high up!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

game4it70 wrote: »
    If for a full build then its ok but for a bottle of this caseking want 34.90e :eek:

cheaper to fly to Berlin and pick it up yourself from their store!;)
    Their store is fantastic :p

I don't think it's totally crazy, you can get these sort of chairs for €25 euro new, I'm guessing that's what he meant. A well used 2nd hand one for a tenner isn't unrealistic. I've had the same chair for 5 years, it's not actually even a computer chair, it's a recliner, but I've gotten so used to it that I feel wierd trying to play a game with a proper chair, feels way too high up!

Exactly. Those chairs go brand new for 30 eu. It's a poor state, but I would take it for few quid just as temporary solution. 50eu for a chair that costs brand new 30eu and on top of that it is in poor state so Paying 10eu and taking it off his hands is doing him a foivour. Throwing it in a skip will cost him a fiver...

Got my Internet back!!! 100mbit too! Sweet!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Just 100Mb? I don't know how people manage with such speeds (spoken from a high UPC horse). :pac:

Monotype wrote: »
    Just 100Mb? I don't know how people manage with such speeds (spoken from a high UPC horse). :pac:

100mb of stable internet, mind you! :pac: The fella whowas installing has UPC 200mb and hates it to core!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Ordered R9 290, should I be worried about it fitting into a haf 932? It's like 30cm long

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Should be fine

Got my Internet back!!! 100mbit too! Sweet!!!!
    Monotype wrote: »

Absolute bastards with your 1st world problems :D, I'm lucky to get 8mbit down/2 up living up this bloody mountain.

At least vodafone have updated to 4G in the area-well most of the area/time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

went to turn on my screen just morning and got....

a black screen with this symbol _ its not blinking :( I'm seem to be in the technological unlucky streak at the moment :(

• Advertisement

Can you get into the BIOS? could be missing boot info.

Have a look to see if it's detecting your boot drive, etc. If it's not, recheck cables are seated correctly, try different cables, ports, all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Gehad_JoyRider

I can get into the Bios

Options I have are,

Windows boot manager
    P4: St10000DM003
    Uefi wd Ext hard drive

Boot option #1 is windows bios manager
    Boot option #2 is sayng UEFI : WD

Hey, everyone!

Clicky

It's. About. ****ing. Time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭McSasquatch II

Hey, everyone!

Clicky

HPj4EKF.gif

So how long 'til the adaptive sync version? :pac:

Hey, everyone!

Clicky

Price: 5 BILLION DOLLARS

dr-evil.jpg

900 series benchmarks. Salt required.

http://videocardz.com/52166/nvidia-geforce-gtx-980-gtx-970-gtx-980m-gtx-970m-3dmark-performance

Desktop cards are decidedly "meh" to be honest, though it'll depend on price. Those 900M scores though... There just might be a new laptop in my future.

Anyone want an Alienware 17? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Looks good to me but entirely dependent on pricing. I'd be very interested in the GTX970.

Hey, everyone!

Clicky

Happy Days, would it be cheeky to look for a curved, 21:9 144Hz IPS?

tumblr_lks6fzJvuF1qhfyv3o1_400.gif

glynf wrote: »
    Happy Days, would it be cheeky to look for a curved, 21:9 144Hz IPS?

Not at all! I'd love that, +G-Sync. ;)

• Advertisement

900 series benchmarks. Salt required.

http://videocardz.com/52166/nvidia-geforce-gtx-980-gtx-970-gtx-980m-gtx-970m-3dmark-performance

Desktop cards are decidedly "meh" to be honest, though it'll depend on price. Those 900M scores though... There just might be a new laptop in my future.

Anyone want an Alienware 17? :P

I know, we need a **** truck of salt, but those numbers look extremely disappointing. And I have a feeling, that it wont be too far away from real numbers. Looks like they did same **** again as with other 2 generations.
    Few months later there will be 980ti too...

It all boils down to pricing now. If its prices with usual "more performance, but more expensive" then we are back in squire one and its another disappointing generation.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement