Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Two new housing developments for Dunshaughlin?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭Galego

They have also re-started work at The Willows.......there is obviously enough demand for new builts....

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭maik3n

So it's definitely another housing estate then?

With regard to the Willows, I think this shines some light on things
    http://www.eplanning.ie/MeathCC/AppFileRefDetails/RA161253/0

From what I can gleam, it seems to be just works on some houses rather than the whole estate being resurrected? :cool:

maik3n wrote: »

With regard to the Willows, I think this shines some light on things
    http://www.eplanning.ie/MeathCC/AppFileRefDetails/RA161253/0

From what I can gleam, it seems to be just works on some houses rather than the whole estate being resurrected? :cool:

I think that is just an amendment to their existing planning permission. They renewed their original planning permission almost two years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭tara83

maik3n wrote: »

At least it's the start of some movement. The village badly needs some life

• Advertisement

hehe, so is/was that particular green area called Hanson Wood?
    I can't say I have ever heard the area called that, much less heard of the family name ''Hanson'' having any connection with Dunshaughlin.

Is there some historical significance from ye olden times, lol?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Famous Blue Raincoat

hehe, so is/was that particular green area called Hanson Wood?
    I can't say I have ever heard the area called that, much less heard of the family name ''Hanson'' having any connection with Dunshaughlin.

Is there some historical significance from ye olden times, lol?

Precisely my thought. Why is Meath County Council allowing Tom Hora to create names that have no connection with the heritage of Dunshaughlin? He managed to call one of his housing estates in Dún Laoghaire 'Kensington Manor', so it's likely to only get worse if he gets away with this. There was no such 'Hanson' family in Dunshaughlin, or such a place, - and it's stretching it to name it after old Mrs Hanson who lived down the Bog Road up until about 20 years ago.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Precisely my thought. Why is Meath County Council allowing Tom Hora to create names that have no connection with the heritage of Dunshaughlin? He managed to call one of his housing estates in Dún Laoghaire 'Kensington Manor', so it's likely to only get worse if he gets away with this. There was no such 'Hanson' family in Dunshaughlin, or such a place, - and it's stretching it to name it after old Mrs Hanson who lived down the Bog Road up until about 20 years ago.

Can any county council control what a developer calls a development though? I actually don't know, but I'd be surprised if the council have much/any control over that. Hora are in the business of selling homes, if people fall for daft names and are willing to part with extra €€€ because of it, then I'd say it'll continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ACAD21

Does anyone have an idea what kind of prices Hora is asking for these houses? They're not great at getting back to enquiries. As far as I know he likes to negotiate on a case by case basis but it'd be interesting to know a ballpark. I'm renting in Dunshaughlin at the moment and looking to buy

ACAD21 wrote: »
    Does anyone have an idea what kind of prices Hora is asking for these houses? They're not great at getting back to enquiries. As far as I know he likes to negotiate on a case by case basis but it'd be interesting to know a ballpark. I'm renting in Dunshaughlin at the moment and looking to buy

I heard from someone who enquired between 310 -350k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 ACAD21

tara83 wrote: »
    I heard from someone who enquired between 310 -350k

Thanks for the info! 310 is quite steep for a 3 bed house in Dunshauglin seeing as the Kellets grove ones were about 280. I suppose it depends on what they're like once theyre finished!

ACAD21 wrote: »
    Thanks for the info! 310 is quite steep for a 3 bed house in Dunshauglin seeing as the Kellets grove ones were about 280. I suppose it depends on what they're like once theyre finished!

As I say that's 2nd hand info so maybe the 3 bed is cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Kateod

Hi, is anyone buying in Hanson Wood?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Shireboy

Kateod wrote: »
    Hi, is anyone buying in Hanson Wood?

We are looking at the estate, have you heard anything about it?

Shireboy wrote: »
    We are looking at the estate, have you heard anything about it?

Hi,
    Yes, you need to contact the agent his name is Aidan.

Thanks, already in talks with him.

Can I ask you if you leaving in Dunshuaghlin already?
    We will be moving from Dublin. Really like the houses but not sure about the location..?? :-/

Can I ask you if you leaving in Dunshuaghlin already?
    We will be moving from Dublin. Really like the houses but not sure about the location..?? :-/

Yes, currently living here for last 10 years. We love it, it's close but not too far out from Dublin for work, but Dunshaughlin has a real community feel about it that's made us want to stay here.

Yes, currently living here for last 10 years. We love it, it's close but not too far out from Dublin for work, but Dunshaughlin has a real community feel about it that's made us want to stay here.

That's good to hear... For us is a big decision as we also have two kids...I heard that schools are very good in Dunshaughlin..
    Are u also looking at The Willows - do u know how much they will be selling for??

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭blueballfc

That's good to hear... For us is a big decision as we also have two kids...I heard that schools are very good in Dunshaughlin..
    Are u also looking at The Willows - do u know how much they will be selling for??

Hi is there a show house in either of these ? I think Hanson wood was only off the plans ?

Yeah all schools in the town are great, well we are happy with them anyway.

Phoned willows and apparently they will be launching in september and will have prices in 2 weeks from last week, it's a much larger development, which they told me would be over the next 5 yrs. great to see this estate finally on the go.

• Advertisement

blueballfc wrote: »
    Hi is there a show house in either of these ? I think Hanson wood was only off the plans ?

They have houses they can show over in Donabate, the estate Beresford. They are built pretty much the same just a few changes but you get the idea of the house and the build. The houses are really nice, and can see that Hora really ensure everything is right from start to finish.

Yeah all schools in the town are great, well we are happy with them anyway.

Phoned willows and apparently they will be launching in september and will have prices in 2 weeks from last week, it's a much larger development, which they told me would be over the next 5 yrs. great to see this estate finally on the go.

I'm wondering how many they sold alredy in Hanson Wood.??
    Wow 5 year development that will be about 300 homes.

I think he only had 1 maybe 2 left of the first phrase (front row), but don't know for sure been a while since I spoke to them.

Yeah sounded like a big development for willows.

95 (or something close to that) according to planning......But then again they could apply to build more if needed.

hi Guys,

any news on the prices in the willows?

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭GeneHunt

Another housing estate in Dunshaughlin on the Dublin road (opening in the hedge across from the entrance to Dunshaughlin Business Park).

93 houses planned

http://www.eplanning.ie/MeathCC/AppFileRefDetails/RA140500/0

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CUCINA

Yes, good to see some positive developments in the area. Hopefully, it might also lead to more commercial activity in the village. In particular, I would love to see Supervalue's domination finally ended.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭GeneHunt

CUCINA wrote: »
    Yes, good to see some positive developments in the area. Hopefully, it might also lead to more commercial activity in the village. In particular, I would love to see Supervalue's domination finally ended.

Cucina I totally agree with your above post and strongly agree with your comment on SuperValu. I do think at this stage a Petition needs to be started, similiar to what I understand happened in Trim to get Lidl in the town, and now they are getting a Aldi too.

P.S. I have nothing against SuperValu, infact I like the SuperValu in Trim and they look like they're doing rather well with Lidl in the town too.;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

GeneHunt wrote: »
    Cucina I totally agree with your above post and strongly agree with your comment on SuperValu. I do think at this stage a Petition needs to be started, similiar to what I understand happened in Trim to get Lidl in the town, and now they are getting a Aldi too.

P.S. I have nothing against SuperValu, infact I like the SuperValu in Trim and they look like they're doing rather well with Lidl in the town too.;)

I wouldn't put it past Supervalu to apply for planning to build a second supervalu within the next 5 years to stop any other supermarket entering the town and keeping their 20 year hold on the town uninterrupted.

Advertisement