Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Who is responsible for attic tank frost protection

• 12-12-2012 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭

Just something that came up in a recent conversation.
    In a new installation/renovation who is actually responsible for the frost protection of water storage tanks in an attic, plumber or builder?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

It would depend on the specification. If there was no specification then I would ask.
    Presumably the lagging of the pipes and tanks would be responsibility of the plumber. If they wanted additional frost protection heat lamps, then this would be responsibility of the electrician. Again, down to spec.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭ccsolar

shane0007 wrote: »
    It would depend on the specification. If there was no specification then I would ask.
    Presumably the lagging of the pipes and tanks would be responsibility of the plumber. If they wanted additional frost protection heat lamps, then this would be responsibility of the electrician. Again, down to spec.
    Hi
    We always include them in our price for the plumbing but at €20 it shouldn't be a major issue.
    Cc

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭TPM

Thanks for the replies
    It was a situation where there the toilet wasnt flushing in a house, turned out the attic tank was frozen. I was asked whos fault was it that it happened.
    I said as no real harm was done (ie no damage) the best thing would be to get it fixed and not start the blame game, which they seemed to agree with.

I was just curious to see what others would think about it

Advertisement