Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Drip from shower

Options
  • 02-12-2012 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

I have a constant drip from a Myra Express Shower when switched off. I understand that there may be a leak through the seals in the mixer valve. apparently the shower is obsolete, but if the seals are lubricated this may solve the problem. Would anyone know how this is done ? really grateful for any help as I would like to avoid having to buy a new shower if possible.
    Thanks
    Makfli

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

makfli wrote: »
    I have a constant drip from a Myra Express Shower when switched off. I understand that there may be a leak through the seals in the mixer valve. apparently the shower is obsolete, but if the seals are lubricated this may solve the problem. Would anyone know how this is done ? really grateful for any help as I would like to avoid having to buy a new shower if possible.
    Thanks
    Makfli

You cant lubricate the seals & its likley the solenoid valve is damaged hence a leak, contact Modern Plant 014591344 , Mira make spare parts for showers for 10 years after they r discontinued.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭makfli

Many thanks, Sounds like its not a diy project ? Are we talking big expense ?
    Thanks again for help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

makfli wrote: »
    Many thanks, Sounds like its not a diy project ? Are we talking big expense ?
    Thanks again for help.

If you call the Shower Doctor in Parkwest they are the official Mira Service agents and they will point you in the right direction

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭makfli

Many thanks for help . I will give the Shower Doctor a call.

Advertisement