Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Pubs in Bettystown

Options
  • 14-12-2014 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭

Going to be moving to Bettystown in next few weeks. Just wondering what peoples opinions are on the local pubs.

I like going out during the odd afternoon on a Sat/Sunday to watch a game. Just wondering which would be the best place.

Looking for somewhere which is quiet and friendly

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭nc6000

Somewhere quiet and friendly pretty much rules out all the pubs in Bettystown I would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

nc6000 wrote: »
    Somewhere quiet and friendly pretty much rules out all the pubs in Bettystown I would say.

All are kips then in your opinion?

MANUTD99 wrote: »
    All are kips then in your opinion?

I wouldn't be recommending any of them but I guess someone must like them or they wouldn't be still open.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭spongebob89

When I lived there back in 05, the pubs were decent fora pint and a match and that was before they built that big hotel outside the caravan site so that will definitely be decent. Down the town there was a small hotel pub accross the road from the bookies which was grand too.

Bettystown is a nice area with a community atmosphere you get to know alot of locals and the summers are a good vibe too woth the beaches an that esp if you have kids. I just needed back to Dublin because I was young and the winters down there can be depression living in a mobile home

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭chrysagon

not a native to be seen!!!

quicker finding a virgin in Soho !!

• Advertisement

That hotel is closed a few years now I'm afraid. It wasn't great but was the best of a bad bunch.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭therewillbe

Morans in Mornington but a Taxi is required.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 opawaman

Morans in Mornington but a Taxi is required.

Moran's was always a neat old fashioned pub, like Mc Donaghs in Bettystown and Similar to what Garvey's was in Bettystown square way back in history.

Advertisement