Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

***EVENT 21st - 23rd January: Akumakon - A new convention in Galway!***

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 hen93

I'll definately hit this at least one day. What is the layout of the convention though is it like a hall with loads of different stalls/workshops etc. or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

http://www.conference.ie/content/campusmapBaileyAllen_1.pdf
    http://www.nuigalway.ie/campus-map/?id=353&go=1

I can't get a proper layout of the Aras Na Mac Leinn, but basically look at the building in the first link which the arrow points at. The entire convention takes place in that building. There is a massive hall, a bar, lots of rooms for different events such as anime showings (a list of the places are up on timetable). The hall is split into three sections but we only have access to 2 as another event is taking place in the last section.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 hen93

ok thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 49 SoTek72

Is little kuriboh only appearing on Saturday :eek:
    Or is that the only day he has a panel ?

Around all weekend, panel on saturday! :D

• Advertisement

Thanks to everyone who showed up for Akumakon! I hope you all enjoyed it. Thanks to Konata here for stickying, and unstickying this post! :)

Hope you are all looking forward to next year! :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

What were the numbers roughly?

To my knowledge the final figure was around 300-400 people. Hoping for much more next year, especially since I know it will be so much better now that we know what we are facing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

Thats a fantastic turnout! Pictures up anywhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Thomas-G

Great weekend, excellent fun, thanks to all the staff! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Butterscotch

Xenoronin wrote: »
    To my knowledge the final figure was around 300-400 people. Hoping for much more next year, especially since I know it will be so much better now that we know what we are facing :D

That is a great turn out, especially for the very first year.
    Thats a fantastic turnout! Pictures up anywhere?

Pictures are all over facebook.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Demonique

Great con apart from the freezing venue and the appalling behaviour of the artist sitting at the first table in artist's alley, blonde woman with glasses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Kaciart

Demonique wrote: »
    Great con apart from the freezing venue and the appalling behaviour of the artist sitting at the first table in artist's alley, blonde woman with glasses.

Heyyy, blondie here.

What was it that I did that was so appalling?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Demonique wrote: »
    Kaciart wrote: »
    Heyyy, blondie here.

What was it that I did that was so appalling?

Please take this conversation to PM, thank you.

Of course, will do.

I've heard from a few sources that this person has been spreading slanderous reports from the con about me simply because I wouldnt do a picture for her and she treated me rudely as a result. And when I called her on her rudeness she went and complained me and apparently has been complaining since. Rather than speaking to me about it.

I don't check a lot of forums and whatnot so I haven't been able to defend myself. I really would like to clear up the misunderstanding.

I will PM her immediately, thanks~

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭Demonique

Kaciart wrote: »
    Of course, will do.

I've heard from a few sources that this person has been spreading slanderous reports from the con about me simply because I wouldnt do a picture for her and she treated me rudely as a result. And when I called her on her rudeness she went and complained me and apparently has been complaining since. Rather than speaking to me about it.

I don't check a lot of forums and whatnot so I haven't been able to defend myself. I really would like to clear up the misunderstanding.

I will PM her immediately, thanks~

Well, what you typed above doesn't count as 'taking it to PM'

Since you ignored what the mod said, then so will I

I didn't spread slanderous reports about you because you wouldn't to a picture for me. I had no idea that you 'weren't doing a picture for me, all you did was tell me that you were busy one time and wanted to chill out another time. I told you I'd come back later (in no way, shape or form would was I rude to you).

When I came back for the second time on Sunday to ask about commissions you called me on my suppossed rudeness by suddenly exclaiming 'you keep walking away from me when I say I'm not doing commissions!' You then accused me of only being interested in you for your art and that 'you're like talk to the hand', which you said whilst waving your hand in a dismissive fashion.

When I pointed out that I was autistic and lack of sleep was making me feel ill (which in my case means I get really socially awkward and find it hard to talk to people beyond really basic conversation), you continued to be dismissive towards me.

At this point I left your table in tears (having someone be dismissive about your disability can do that to a person) and was upset for the rest of the con. In fact your attitude ruined the rest of the con for me.

I complained about you to the con committee because your disgusting ableism made me feel like ****

As to why I didn't speak to you about it, why would I want to speak to someone who spoke to me in an ableist fashion?

Demonqiue and Kaciart, this is NOT the place to dicuss this situation.

Demonique - you came onto this thread, a month after the event, to specifically complain about this artist. Kaciart - you signed up to boards specifically to argue against this complaint. While I appreciate that both of you wish to have your say here, this forum is not the place for it. Demonique, you have made your complaint to the AkumaKon committee and if you wish to talk to Kaciart specifically, PLEASE take it to PM.

Now, I've said it twice, I WILL NOT say it again. Any further arguing between ye and infractions will be given out. Please appreciate that this is forum is not for the discussion of personal disagreements.

Apologies Konata, I won't continue this here.

You're right I had set up to reply and you can delete my comments if it suits.
    Sorry for the trouble.

No trouble really - just have to abide by the rules and here isn't really the place for discussing it.

Hope you visit the forum again in the future :)

Advertisement