Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buzz Aldrin punches preacher

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Now that's the right stuff, good man Buzz :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Good man Buzz!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

To infinity and beyond!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Well that's his old a$$ well and truly sued.

Hmm, wonder why he didn't swear on the bible that he walked on the moon. This vid must be giving conspiracy theorists raging hard ons.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

****er deserved it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Opinicus

That was a solid connection! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

I think Buzz showed remarkable restraint there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

chin_grin wrote: »

Hmm, wonder why he didn't swear on the bible that he walked on the moon. This vid must be giving conspiracy theorists raging hard ons.

Firstly - Swearing on the bible doesn't mean anything. It only means what you want it to mean.

Secondly, if some raving lunatic religious nutjob approached me calling me a liar, and a thief - and then asked me to calmly swear on his bible - I'd do more than punch him in the head.

dlofnep wrote: »
    Firstly - Swearing on the bible doesn't mean anything. It only means what you want it to mean.

Secondly, if some raving lunatic religious nutjob approached me calling me a liar, and a thief - and then asked me to calmly swear on his bible - I'd do more than punch him in the head.

Totally agree with you there, just wondering what was the precursor to the "I'll see you in court" BS. It just struck me as weird that he didn't just play along to the freak and swear. Just to get him off his back.

I would have liked to have what happened immediately afterwards though instead of just cutting at the punch.

There's a three part vid on how yer man may have lured him to the hotel under false pretences? Plot thickens. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

There'd be a reasonable amount of mitigating circumstances on this one. Buzz didn't react physically until the guy called him a "coward and a liar". He could very plausibly argue that he was being deliberately provoked into a physical confrontation so that the preacher could sue him.

Actually after checking wiki, this video is ten years old. No charges were filed because witnesses all told police that the preacher was the one who had initiated the physical contact and didn't go away after being asked to do so.

• Advertisement

seamus wrote: »
    Actually after checking wiki, this video is ten years old. No charges were filed because witnesses all told police that the preacher was the one who had initiated the physical contact and didn't go away after being asked to do so.

How conveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeniennnnnnt. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Buzz was sued but the case was rejected. Too right. Imagine risking life and limb in the great beyond in an endevour to further human knowledge, only to be told you were a liar and a coward? Should have stomped the ***** head in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

It's Bart Sibrel, a 'leading' conspiracy theorist.
    Pure provocation. He was well known to Aldrin and practically stalking him so this wasn't a chance encounter with some nut job.

Ah Buzz Aldrin, it was bad enough you were on Dancing with the Stars, but then you showed up in Transformers 3. How could you Buzz? How could you !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

foxyboxer wrote: »
    It's Bart Sibrel, a 'leading' conspiracy theorist.
    Pure provocation. He was well known to Aldrin and practically stalking him so this wasn't a chance encounter with some nut job.

Ah Buzz Aldrin, it was bad enough you were on Dancing with the Stars, but then you showed up in Transformers 3. How could you Buzz? How could you !

Second comes right after first...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

That's one small punch for ... man, one giant decking for mankind.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

that guy was an utter prick, have a bit of respect FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

What an attention seeking fúckwit, just a pity buzz didn't really send him into orbit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Totally agree with you there, just wondering what was the precursor to the "I'll see you in court" BS. It just struck me as weird that he didn't just play along to the freak and swear. Just to get him off his back.

I would have liked to have what happened immediately afterwards though instead of just cutting at the punch.

There's a three part vid on how yer man may have lured him to the hotel under false pretences? Plot thickens.

Because he's Buzz fckin Aldrin a true hero, why should pander to this clown.

This comment gave me a laugh-
    Buzz Aldrin has now done two things that every person ever has wanted to do. Walked on the moon and punched an asshole in the face.

This comment gave me a laugh-
    Buzz Aldrin has now done two things that every person ever has wanted to do. Walked on the moon and punched an asshole in the face.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

One a these days... one a these days... BOOM! Straight to the moon! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

129203799524641977.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Probably the best kind of analogy where science smacks religion :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

I hope the preacher turned the other cheek.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

I'm pretty sure the guy isn't a preacher.

Yeah if people watched the (very biased!) conspiracy vid I posted up we'd know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

That was beautiful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

That pest deserved it, hopefully it hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Shhhh, the vid wouldnt get as many thanks if it didnt have "preacher" in the title.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

keano_afc wrote: »
    Shhhh, the vid wouldnt get as many thanks if it didnt have "preacher" in the title.

umadbro.jpg

Advertisement