Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Facebooks Airline Manager

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭wayne2107

I purchased a 747 yesterday and still have not got the achievement

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭gaff85

Have to say , your stock has been a winner , have 200,000 shares and they are now worth a fortune , Its been a pleasure !

No worries, we will be adding additional B787, A340 & B777 this evening.

Have over 70Mil in Fuel, should keep us flying until Friday / Saturday

However the first of the C checks are scheduled for today, and by the pattern we bought aircraft there are going to be quiet a few checks over the coming days.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭hick

gaff85 wrote: »
    However the first of the C checks are scheduled for today, and by the pattern we bought aircraft there are going to be quiet a few checks over the coming days.

ditto...had my first today on the 737-800 original a/c
    will have a reprive of a few days as all the atr's I bought originally I swapped for MD80/81 I reckon pretty soon I'll be getting about 3 a day :mad:

bought 50m lbs of fuel last night, reckon I might do the same this evening, apols to the shareholders but this is part of a plan, fuel first then concentrate on buying big jets!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Hibernian Airlines today celebrated the sale of all available stocks with the purchase of two new aircraft. The B767-200 aircraft will add to the company's expanding transatlantic operations from its Glasgow hub with the commencement of new routes to Seattle and Tampa. Hibernian now operate 32 routes from the Glasgow base.

Existing shareholders will have been pleased to note that this expansion resulted in the company's shares peaking at a record level of $2.13. Further incremental expansion is expected in the coming days.

I'm getting seriously addicted to this little game...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,573 ✭✭✭lord lucan

wayne2107 wrote: »
    I purchased a 747 yesterday and still have not got the achievement

Click on the achievement button on the left side of the page,it often doesn't automatically update the achievements.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭crisco10

Hibernian Airlines today celebrated the sale of all available stocks with the purchase of two new aircraft. The B767-200 aircraft will add to the company's expanding transatlantic operations from its Glasgow hub with the commencement of new routes to Seattle and Tampa. Hibernian now operate 32 routes from the Glasgow base.

Existing shareholders will have been pleased to note that this expansion resulted in the company's shares peaking at a record level of $2.13. Further incremental expansion is expected in the coming days.

I'm getting seriously addicted to this little game...

your route map is beautiful.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,908 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

My other half is playing, her airline is Deadzone Airlines, anybody wanna invest? If only to to baffle the hell out of her, she won't know who's investing.....or why!!

She's making a small profit, but her thinking is pretty flawed, she has a little fleet of 737's, aybe 4 planes, and is saving up for a Concorde!! I've told her that the max flight time of a Concorde is about 3hours, she logs on maybe twice a day, so that 6 hrs flying time. So a $400mill plane sitting idle for 18hrs per day :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Did anyone get any free points in their AM mailbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

XL Airways about to hit the $1 mark finally :P so invest guys

Just got 200 from my passengers in the spirit of the season or something.

Nice one!
    crisco10 wrote: »
    your route map is beautiful.biggrin.gif

:D If I was renaming the airline now, I'd call it Aer Lingus, The Way It Should Be!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭hugoline

hick wrote: »

Lads how much fuel does it (A380) use on a max trip and how much does it bring in?

Hick

Sorry for the long wait, but here is the data (with almost max distance)
    Aircraft on route: A380-800
    Available seats: 644
    Ticket price: $ 9,940
    Estimated passengers: 644
    Total ticket income: $ 6,401,360
    Flight time: 21:02
    Distance: 19,879 km
    Airport taxes: $ 200,000
    Fuel consumption on route: 377,701 lbs

So a net income of about 6 million per flight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

yeah, 200 pax points free.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭murfie

clown bag wrote: »
    yeah, 200 pax points free.

You jammy dodgers, I got nothing! What you doing different to me

Wait yes there is on the bottom of the page, whats the catch?

Murph, I got feck all too mate!

Murph, I got feck all too mate!

Nothing under your mailbox? They didn't come in like a normal message - I almost missed it because I thought it was a Facebook advert.

For some reason it also gave the option to decline them...made me think there must have been some catch or something, but there wasn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

I got em.

Nothing under your mailbox? They didn't come in like a normal message - I almost missed it because I thought it was a Facebook advert.

Ahh would you look at that, there it is. Fair play, missed it myself.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

:D If I was renaming the airline now, I'd call it Aer Lingus, The Way It Should Be!

Aer Lingus was taken- I got the next best thing- Airlingus.......:)

Cheers for the Pax Points bonus tip- wonder what 200 will buy me?

S.

Must be a "We are sorry" for all the maintenance issues and errors on the app so here is 200 pax points.

So what to do with the points? Is there any point in getting the AM trusted airline. I think i will hang onto all my points and go for the 1000 pax point achievement.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Alzar

Fuel at 400 :D:D

Al.

• Advertisement

Alzar wrote: »
    Fuel at 400 :D:D

Al.

And probably will be until about 11pm. Then it will go up so if you need fuel, get it now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭mykro28

NeweAir - just bought my first 747-300 today! have 98M lbs of fuel purchased at $400:
    Fleet: If it's not Boeing I am not going!
    B737-800 6
    B787-8 3
    B767-200ER 1
    B757-300 1
    B747-300 1
    B767-200 1
    Shares at 2.98 and going up. If anyone would like to invest now, I have no investors,so all my available stock is for sale.
    This game is seriously addictive!!

mykro28 wrote: »
    NeweAir - just bought my first 747-300 today! have 98M lbs of fuel purchased at $400:
    Fleet: If it's not Boeing I am not going!
    B737-800 6
    B787-8 3
    B767-200ER 1
    B757-300 1
    B747-300 1
    B767-200 1
    Shares at 2.98 and going up. If anyone would like to invest now, I have no investors,so all my available stock is for sale.
    This game is seriously addictive!!

100,000 bought there. I like your fleet. Mine is a little more varied!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 GiBBYAir

Been playing AM for the past 7 weeks and only found this board tonight!

Some of you might have seen me post some useful stuff on the AM boards over the last while - maybe it helped you too!

So what's the general discussion about, you know, as a summary? I don't think I'll be able to skim 70 pages at this hour of the night!

NeweAir -

Also invested 150000. I like boeing also, screw that french air maker. Never buying french again! Damn you HENRY!!
    Except for the concorde when i have the cash but thats half British so its ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭mykro28

Sweet, thanks guys for the investment.....
    I will stick with Boeing until I have enough cash for a 380! Some of it was made in Germany.......

Sweet, thanks guys for the investment.....
    I will stick with Boeing until I have enough cash for a 380! Some of it was made in Germany.......

ON the note of discussing aircraft nationalities, has anybody here bought Russian? Aside from high fuel burn they seem to have impressive specs. High Capacity/range etc for their price....

crisco10 wrote: »
    ON the note of discussing aircraft nationalities, has anybody here bought Russian? Aside from high fuel burn they seem to have impressive specs. High Capacity/range etc for their price....

I was thinking about it but was worried what bias the game developer would have and if they would make the Russian Aircraft less reliable, and then increasing my maintenance but have not seen anything to support or dispute this.

GiBBYAir wrote: »
    Been playing AM for the past 7 weeks and only found this board tonight!

Some of you might have seen me post some useful stuff on the AM boards over the last while - maybe it helped you too!

So what's the general discussion about, you know, as a summary? I don't think I'll be able to skim 70 pages at this hour of the night!

Hey Gibby, Welcome to the forum. Anything and everything airline manager goes in this thread. Tips, tricks, stocks, aircraft etc. I would recommend reading back through as there is some great stuff in here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,381 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I see in the news/info section that they have gotten rid of the cargo option, as well as the unexpected bonus people have been talking about....:

Info in your mailbox - 2009-12-02
    Your passengers are in a good mood today. Go to your inbox to see whats up

A few changes - 2009-12-02
    A few new achievements is uploaded, and a few more to come.
    Furthermore the cargo system has been disabled. The system was outdated and presented a lot of problems, so we have chosen to disable it untill we can write a new cargo system.
    The cargo system, will be back once we can make it work a little better.

Advertisement