Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Working in Childcare in Canada?

• 20-02-2011 1:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

Wondering if there's anyone on here working in Childcare in Canada? Hoping to move over later this year and would love to hear about anyones experience with having qualifications recognised and the regulations regarding registering to work with children over there. If anyone has any experience I'd really appreciate any feedback!

Cheers!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 402 ✭✭C@non

i have no idea, but on the application form i think there is a part were it asks you, if you intend to work in that field and it wouldn't surprise me if they will ask for a medical in this.. might be something to keep in mind when applying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Shine7

Yeh I'm aware I'll have to do a medical but I'm hoping that someone who is over there will be able to shine some light on employment once you get over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭mazi

If you are on the normal 1 year work visa there is a specific exclusion that you cannot work in any health care profession or child care. Not sure if this can be waived will need to check with the Canadian Immigration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 durdur

hi shine7

Whereabouts in canada are you heading?

Childcare is a regulated profession here and you need to register as an Early Childhood Educator. I'm not sure what you need for registration but, it being canada, I'm guessing tis pretty comprehensive. do you have degree?

Anyways, from the looks of it there loads of jobs once you are registered and the money a lot better than what you would be (or should be!) getting in ireland.

Hope that helps a little..you would prob be as well to start the registration process now cos things like this move very slowly here:P

• Registered Users Posts: 26 shirlzP

Hi guys anyone have any experinence in organisng a lisence to work in canada I'm an childcare worker here just need some adivce as to how other peolpe may have got theres or there experiences??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 imo93

Hi Guys im just looking to see if anyone is interested in going over to Canada for a year or so to work in 2014, Im a 19 year old girl and all my friends are boring and not wanting to travel I was hoping I can find someone on this whos like minded and plans to go over in 2014!? Message me on this and I will give you my email or facebook!

Advertisement